|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Carter's mother do when she gets calmed down?
(a) Watches TV.
(c) Makes dinner.
(d) Brushes her hair.
2. Where does Sophie make the kids do their homework?
(a) The office.
(b) The kitchen table.
(c) Their bedrooms.
(d) The porch swing.
3. How does Sophie describe her life in the mornings?
4. Who was Carter defending when he beat his father?
(a) His mother.
(b) His brother.
(c) All of these.
5. Why is it so strange for Sophie to talk to Carter at school?
(a) They are dating.
(b) They have never spoken.
(c) They are not friends.
(d) They pretend not to know each other.
6. What does Sophie do while she waits for her siblings to come home?
(a) Takes a nap.
(b) Her homework.
(c) Talks on the phone.
(d) Watches TV.
7. What does Sophie make for Carter every morning?
(b) Hot chocolate.
8. What makes one of Sophie's siblings spill something?
(a) The house shakes.
(b) The glass is broken.
(c) The table is unsteady.
(d) He is angry.
9. What made Sophie hate Whitney?
(a) She made fun of her mother.
(b) She copied her homework.
(c) She offended Carter.
(d) She dated Carter.
10. Why does Sophie put off contacting her mother?
(a) She feels shameful.
(b) She doesn't need her money.
(c) She isn't sure where to look.
(d) It is unpleasant.
11. Where does Sophie see Carter every night?
(a) Under the tree.
(b) The porch swing.
(c) Her bedroom.
(d) The couch.
12. How did Carter see who once tried to hurt Sophie in her house?
(a) Sophie came running to him for help.
(b) He heard the screams.
(c) He read about it in the paper.
(d) He saw through the window.
13. What is Sophie's sibling doing when something spills?
14. What does Carter fix in Sophie's house?
(a) The rocking chair.
(b) The clock.
(c) The kitchen table.
(d) The TV.
15. What does Carter really spray on his mother when he gets home?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do other people think Carter got his scars?
2. Who is in the most danger at Carter's house?
3. What does one of Sophie's siblings spill?
4. Why does Carter's mother hallucinate?
5. How does Carter feel when he can't see Sophie on the way home from school?
This section contains 387 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)