|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sophie become when her siblings come home?
(a) The mother.
(b) The cook.
(c) The maid.
(d) The servant.
2. What kind of perspective is this book written in?
(b) First person.
(c) Third person.
(d) Second person.
3. How does Sophie say she feels about Carter at the beginning of the book?
(a) She is afraid of him.
(b) She loves him.
(c) She admires him.
(d) She hates him.
4. Where does Sophie make the kids do their homework?
(a) The porch swing.
(b) Their bedrooms.
(c) The kitchen table.
(d) The office.
5. What do Sophie and Carter have in common?
(a) They have been abused.
(b) All of these.
(c) They were abandoned by their father.
(d) They have too much responsibility.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Sophie communicate with Carter on the way home from school?
2. Why is it so strange for Sophie to talk to Carter at school?
3. How do Sophie and Carter know each other?
4. What does Carter's mother think is all over her when he gets home?
5. Why does Carter's mother hallucinate?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)