|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sophie tell Carter to stop looking at on the way home from school?
(a) Her paper.
(b) Her butt.
(c) Her scars.
(d) Her house.
2. What does Sophie try to do before Carter goes home?
(a) Take away his arrogance.
(b) Give him some happiness.
(c) Make him feel guilty.
(d) Remind him of her.
3. What does Sophie do while she waits for her siblings to come home?
(a) Talks on the phone.
(b) Watches TV.
(c) Her homework.
(d) Takes a nap.
4. Why does Carter's mother hallucinate?
(a) She is always afraid.
(b) She was beat until she went crazy.
(c) She is dying.
(d) She is always drunk.
5. How does Sophie say she feels about Carter at the beginning of the book?
(a) She loves him.
(b) She is afraid of him.
(c) She hates him.
(d) She admires him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why doesn't Sophie tell Carter how she feels about him at the beginning of the book?
2. How does Carter watch Sophie while he takes care of his mother?
3. What class is Sophie often late for?
4. What does Carter's mother do when she gets calmed down?
5. Why is it so strange for Sophie to talk to Carter at school?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)