|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Sophie's main task in the mornings?
(a) Getting the kids ready for school.
(b) Finishing her homework.
(c) Protecting Carter's mother.
(d) Making Carter feel happy.
2. What made Carter able to beat his father?
(a) He had worked out.
(b) He had studied hard.
(c) He had managed his pain.
(d) He had heard his mother cry.
3. What does Sophie become when her siblings come home?
(a) The servant.
(b) The cook.
(c) The maid.
(d) The mother.
4. Why doesn't Sophie tell Carter how she feels about him at the beginning of the book?
(a) She is too jealous.
(b) She knows he doesn't feel the same way.
(c) She doesn't want to ruin their friendship.
(d) She can't hurt his feelings.
5. Why is it so strange for Sophie to talk to Carter at school?
(a) They are dating.
(b) They pretend not to know each other.
(c) They are not friends.
(d) They have never spoken.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why has Sophie always disliked Whitney?
2. How does Carter watch Sophie while he takes care of his mother?
3. What do Sophie are Carter usually never do while together at night?
4. What weapon did Carter's father have when he beat him?
5. Who was Carter defending when he beat his father?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)