Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who must Paul limit his time with in order to care for Mrs. Morel?
2. What does Mr. Morel do before seeing the dead body of his wife?
3. When Paul and Miriam are distracted by the village girl, what burns in the oven?
4. In "The Release", which character is put in the hospital?
5. Which character feels sorry for Clara in the chapter "Passion"?
Essay Topic 1
Which characters in the novel seem to lack love and validation in their relationships? How do they seek to achieve love and validation?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the significance of England as a setting in Sons and Lovers. How does the setting play a direct role in the lives of the characters? Could the setting for the novel be another country?
Essay Topic 3
How is class structure an important theme in the novel? What part of the class structure is each character a part of, and why?
This section contains 185 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)