|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who must Paul limit his time with in order to care for Mrs. Morel?
2. What does Mr. Morel do before seeing the dead body of his wife?
3. When Paul and Miriam are distracted by the village girl, what burns in the oven?
4. In "The Release", which character is put in the hospital?
5. Which character feels sorry for Clara in the chapter "Passion"?
Essay Topic 1
Why does the author choose to use dialect to convey messages about the characters, location, and time period? How does the dialect contribute to the atmosphere?
Essay Topic 2
Choose three characters from Sons and Lovers. Define their goals, motivations, and wants. As a result of these aspects of their characterization, how do they interact with other characters?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the ways in which Paul has two contrasting personalities.
This section contains 605 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)