|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Miriam is at her grandmother's home, what does she spend most of her time doing?
2. Who gets fired after an altercation?
3. Why does Miriam believe that Paul wants to spend less time with her after discussing marriage?
4. Where did Clara once work before she got married?
5. Why did Clara leave her husband?
Essay Topic 1
D. H. Lawrence uses a literary reference to Edgar Allen Poe in Sons and Lovers. What is the purpose of using this particular literary reference? How does it contribute to the novel?
Essay Topic 2
Which characters in the novel seem to lack love and validation in their relationships? How do they seek to achieve love and validation?
Essay Topic 3
What elements of irony are present in Sons and Lovers?
This section contains 615 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)