|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who must Paul limit his time with in order to care for Mrs. Morel?
2. What does Mr. Morel do before seeing the dead body of his wife?
3. When Paul and Miriam are distracted by the village girl, what burns in the oven?
4. In "The Release", which character is put in the hospital?
5. Which character feels sorry for Clara in the chapter "Passion"?
Essay Topic 1
Describe the depiction of sexuality in Sons and Lovers. What made it so controversial when it was published?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the relationship between Mr. and Mrs. Morel and their children. Use evidence to support your beliefs about why their relationships are this way.
Essay Topic 3
Are there any characters in the novel who do not have justified actions? Consider Paul adding morphine to his mother's drink, for example. Is he justified in his actions or not?
This section contains 605 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)