|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the first to notice Mrs. Morel's health issues?
2. Who invites Paul to see Sarah Bernhardt?
3. On what day does Miriam invite both Clara and Paul over to her home?
4. Why does Arthur get married?
5. Why is Mrs. Morel cautious of Clara?
Essay Topic 1
Why does the author choose to use dialect to convey messages about the characters, location, and time period? How does the dialect contribute to the atmosphere?
Essay Topic 2
Why does Mrs. Morel strive to keep her sons Paul and William away from their prospective lovers? Consider the type of woman that Mrs. Morel would approve of for her sons. How does this ideal compare to Mrs. Morel herself?
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast Paul's attraction to both Miriam and Clara.
This section contains 606 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)