|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Arthur's girlfriend?
2. Who gets fired after an altercation?
3. When Paul and Miriam are distracted by the village girl, what burns in the oven?
4. Who does Paul decide to devote more time to in "Passion"?
5. How does Paul break up with Miriam?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What role does Paul's ego play in the novel? How does it affect the plot and his interactions with other characters?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the relationship between Mr. and Mrs. Morel and their children. Use evidence to support your beliefs about why their relationships are this way.
Essay Topic 3
Why does the author choose to use dialect to convey messages about the characters, location, and time period? How does the dialect contribute to the atmosphere?
This section contains 601 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)