|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. On what day does Clara join Paul's family for tea?
2. How long has Miriam known Paul in "Passion"?
3. Why is Mrs. Morel cautious of Clara?
4. Who invites Paul to see Sarah Bernhardt?
5. What is Miriam's reaction to Paul's avoiding her?
Essay Topic 1
Why does the author choose to use dialect to convey messages about the characters, location, and time period? How does the dialect contribute to the atmosphere?
Essay Topic 2
What elements of irony are present in Sons and Lovers?
Essay Topic 3
Which characters in the novel seem to lack love and validation in their relationships? How do they seek to achieve love and validation?
This section contains 614 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)