|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Mr. Morel kick out of the house?
2. Who meets the Morel's visitor to help carry their belongings?
3. What is the name of William's sister?
4. Who does Mr. Morel blame his altercation with Mrs. Morel on?
5. Who is Miriam most drawn to?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why doesn't Mrs. Morel get any help from her in-laws?
2. Describe the relationship between the Morel family and Lily.
3. Compare Paul and Mrs. Morel.
4. Describe the Leiver family.
5. What is Miriam's plan to get Paul back in "Defeat of Miriam"?
6. Why isn't Mrs. Morel happy at the beginning of the book?
7. Why does Paul begin avoiding Miriam in the chapter, "Defeat of Miriam"?
8. After Mrs. Morel has died, how does Paul's life change?
9. Why does D. H. Lawrence build sexual tension between Paul and Clara?
10. Describe Mrs. Morel's reaction to William's death.
Essay Topic 1
Describe the depiction of sexuality in Sons and Lovers. What made it so controversial when it was published?
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast Paul's attraction to both Miriam and Clara.
Essay Topic 3
Describe the ways in which Paul has two contrasting personalities.
This section contains 1,109 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)