Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Morel steal money for?
2. Who does Paul talk about his work to often?
3. For what occasion does the Morel family decorate their home?
4. In the beginning, what year does the novel take place?
5. What quality of Miriam's is Paul drawn to?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Paul decide that he must break off his relationship with Miriam completely in the chapter, "Defeat of Miriam"?
2. What are Paul's feelings when he is at the seaside?
3. How is Mrs. Morel's health related to Paul's emotions?
4. How does Mrs. Morel feel about her baby when it is born?
5. What is Miriam's plan to get Paul back in "Defeat of Miriam"?
6. After Mrs. Morel has died, how does Paul's life change?
7. When Arthur joins the army, what is Mrs. Morel's hope for him?
8. Why does Paul take Mrs. Morel on a trip to the Isle of Wight?
9. Why does Paul break Annie's dolls and set them on fire?
10. Why does Paul end up deciding against committing suicide?
What role does Paul's ego play in the novel? How does it affect the plot and his interactions with other characters?
What type of foreshadowing is used in the relationship between Paul and Mrs. Morel? What events in the plot are foreshadowed?
What is the significance of the title Sons and Lovers to the novel's plot?
This section contains 652 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)