|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Clara once work before she got married?
2. Why does Miriam go to her grandmother's home to stay for a while?
(a) Her grandfather has just died.
(b) Her grandmother is sick.
(c) Her brothers send her away.
(d) Her parents have found out that she has kissed Paul.
3. What are Miriam and Paul doing when they kiss for the first time?
(a) Going for a walk.
(b) Studying Latin.
(c) Eating dinner.
(d) Studying French.
4. Where does Paul often work on his art?
(a) Clara's home.
(b) Mrs. Morel's bedroom.
(c) The cemetery.
(d) Miriam's family's farm.
5. Who gets fired after an altercation?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Arthur get married?
2. Who does Paul give the money from selling his work at the exhibition?
3. Why does Paul stop seeing Miriam so much?
4. Why does Mrs. Morel approve of Annie's marriage?
5. How long has Miriam known Paul in "Passion"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the cause of Paul breaking up with Miriam in the chapter, "The Test on Miriam"?
2. Why does Paul have low self-esteem?
3. Describe Clara Dawes when Paul meets her for the first time.
4. When Arthur joins the army, what is Mrs. Morel's hope for him?
5. In Clara's opinion, what does Paul feel for her?
6. Why does D. H. Lawrence build sexual tension between Paul and Clara?
7. How does Miriam react to Paul's discussion of marriage in the chapter, "The Test on Miriam"?
8. What does Mrs. Morel think about Clara?
9. What is Miriam's plan to get Paul back in "Defeat of Miriam"?
10. What are Paul's feelings when he is at the seaside?
This section contains 713 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)