|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Between which couple is validation lacking the most?
(a) Mr. and Mrs. Morel.
(b) Annie and her boyfriend.
(c) Miriam and Paul.
(d) Arthur and his girlfriend.
2. What does Paul begin to teach Miriam despite the fact that he doesn't want to spend more time with her?
3. Who does Paul begin to spend the most time with at Leiver farm?
(c) Miriam's father.
4. On what day does Miriam invite both Clara and Paul over to her home?
5. When Paul and Miriam are distracted by the village girl, what burns in the oven?
(a) Pot roast.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Miriam and Paul doing when they kiss for the first time?
2. What does Paul put in Mrs. Morel's drink to cause her to die?
3. Who does Mrs. Morel blame for the food in the oven being burnt?
4. Where does Paul often work on his art?
5. What season is it when Paul decides to see Miriam after turning her down the first time?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Mr. Morel eat dinner before seeing the body of his dead wife?
2. How is Mrs. Morel's health related to Paul's emotions?
3. When Arthur joins the army, what is Mrs. Morel's hope for him?
4. Describe Clara Dawes when Paul meets her for the first time.
5. Why does Miriam believe that Paul has broken up with her?
6. Why is Paul attracted to Clara?
7. What are the results of Paul's first place win at the art exhibition?
8. Why does Mrs. Morel blame the burned bread on Miriam's presence at the house?
9. How does Miriam react to Paul's discussion of marriage in the chapter, "The Test on Miriam"?
10. What is Miriam's plan to get Paul back in "Defeat of Miriam"?
This section contains 743 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)