|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Paul make money in the chapter "Passion"?
2. Who does Paul take to the Isle of Wight?
(a) Mrs. Morel.
(b) Clara and her mother.
3. Who does Paul decide to devote more time to in "Passion"?
(a) Mrs. Morel.
(b) Mr. Morel.
4. Which of the following words does Paul use to describe Miriam to Clara?
5. What is the name of Annie's new husband?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who invites Paul to see Sarah Bernhardt?
2. Who tends to Paul's wounds when he gets beaten up in Nottingham?
3. How does Paul view Clara when he initially meets her?
4. What season is it when Paul decides to see Miriam after turning her down the first time?
5. Why does Mrs. Morel approve of Annie's marriage?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Mrs. Morel's health related to Paul's emotions?
2. What does Clara convince Paul about Miriam in the chapter, "Clara"?
3. Why does Mrs. Morel blame the burned bread on Miriam's presence at the house?
4. Who does Paul love in the chapter, "Baxter Dawes"?
5. Why does Paul have low self-esteem?
6. Why does Paul begin avoiding Miriam in the chapter, "Defeat of Miriam"?
7. What are Paul's feelings when he is at the seaside?
8. Why does Paul take Mrs. Morel on a trip to the Isle of Wight?
9. How does Miriam react to Paul's discussion of marriage in the chapter, "The Test on Miriam"?
10. In "The Test on Miriam", why does Paul increase his level of courtship with Miriam?
This section contains 703 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)