|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character believes that Paul doesn't fully love her?
(c) Mrs. Morel.
(d) Clara and Miriam.
2. How does Mrs. Morel spend her days now that she is very ill?
(a) At the library.
(b) Sewing and knitting.
(c) Cooking and cleaning.
(d) In bed.
3. What does Paul begin to teach Miriam despite the fact that he doesn't want to spend more time with her?
4. Who does Paul give the money from selling his work at the exhibition?
(b) Mr. Morel.
(c) Mrs. Morel.
5. Who beats up Paul in Nottingham?
(a) Miriam's brother.
(d) Mr. Morel.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the first to notice Mrs. Morel's health issues?
2. How does Paul break up with Miriam?
3. Where does Paul's relationship with Clara end?
4. Who is asked to deliver a message to Clara?
5. In "The Release", which character is put in the hospital?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are Paul's feelings when he is at the seaside?
2. Why is Paul attracted to Clara?
3. What does Clara convince Paul about Miriam in the chapter, "Clara"?
4. Why does Mrs. Morel blame the burned bread on Miriam's presence at the house?
5. Who does Paul love in the chapter, "Baxter Dawes"?
6. Why does Paul take Mrs. Morel on a trip to the Isle of Wight?
7. How does Paul change as Mrs. Morel gets sicker in the chapter, "The Release"?
8. What causes Clara to feel concern for Baxter Dawes?
9. Why does Paul have low self-esteem?
10. In "The Test on Miriam", why does Paul increase his level of courtship with Miriam?
This section contains 695 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)