|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is asked to deliver a message to Clara?
(d) Mrs. Morel.
2. What is Mrs. Morel's nightly drink?
3. How many years older is Clara than Paul?
4. Which character believes that Paul doesn't fully love her?
(b) Mrs. Morel.
(d) Clara and Miriam.
5. What does Paul enter into an exhibition?
(a) A poem.
(b) A painting.
(c) A short story.
(d) A collage.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Paul take Mrs. Morel to the city?
2. Why did Clara leave her husband?
3. How does Paul break up with Miriam?
4. Where does Paul often work on his art?
5. Who does Paul decide to devote more time to in "Passion"?
Short Essay Questions
1. In "The Test on Miriam", why does Paul increase his level of courtship with Miriam?
2. How does Paul change as Mrs. Morel gets sicker in the chapter, "The Release"?
3. What does Mrs. Morel think about Clara?
4. Why does Paul take Mrs. Morel on a trip to the Isle of Wight?
5. Why does Paul have low self-esteem?
6. What is the cause of Paul breaking up with Miriam in the chapter, "The Test on Miriam"?
7. Why does Miriam believe that Paul has broken up with her?
8. Why has Clara left her husband?
9. What does Clara convince Paul about Miriam in the chapter, "Clara"?
10. Why does Mrs. Morel blame the burned bread on Miriam's presence at the house?
This section contains 695 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)