|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who gets fired after an altercation?
2. What are Miriam and Paul doing when they kiss for the first time?
(a) Studying Latin.
(b) Going for a walk.
(c) Eating dinner.
(d) Studying French.
3. Who is the first to notice Mrs. Morel's health issues?
(b) Mr. Morel.
4. How does Mrs. Morel feel when Paul says he is going to spend less time with Miriam?
5. When Arthur becomes a teenager, how does he begin to behave?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Paul think Mrs. Morel's dead body looks like?
2. How old is Paul in the chapter "The Test on Miriam"?
3. Who does Paul visit in Sheffield?
4. Why does Miriam go to her grandmother's home to stay for a while?
5. What is Mrs. Morel's nightly drink?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why and how does Clara's mother confide in Paul?
2. Why does Mr. Morel eat dinner before seeing the body of his dead wife?
3. What causes Clara to feel concern for Baxter Dawes?
4. What is the cause of Paul breaking up with Miriam in the chapter, "The Test on Miriam"?
5. What does Mrs. Morel think about Clara?
6. What is Miriam's plan to get Paul back in "Defeat of Miriam"?
7. In Clara's opinion, what does Paul feel for her?
8. Describe Clara Dawes when Paul meets her for the first time.
9. What are the results of Paul's first place win at the art exhibition?
10. How does Paul change as Mrs. Morel gets sicker in the chapter, "The Release"?
This section contains 686 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)