|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Clara leave her husband?
(a) He didn't want children and she did.
(b) He threatened her mother.
(c) He was abusive.
(d) He didn't make much money.
2. What does Mr. Morel do before seeing the dead body of his wife?
(a) Goes to the bar.
(b) Makes some phone calls.
(c) Watches a sports match.
(d) Eats dinner.
3. Who must Paul limit his time with in order to care for Mrs. Morel?
(d) Mr. Morel.
4. What does Paul put in Mrs. Morel's drink to cause her to die?
(d) Spoiled milk.
5. Why is Mrs. Morel cautious of Clara?
(a) Clara's still married.
(b) Clara has a baby.
(c) Clara's ex-husband is mean.
(d) Clara is uneducated.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Clara make Paul consider?
2. Where did Clara once work before she got married?
3. Between which couple is validation lacking the most?
4. Who is the first to notice Mrs. Morel's health issues?
5. Why does Arthur get married?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Mrs. Morel's health related to Paul's emotions?
2. Who does Paul love in the chapter, "Baxter Dawes"?
3. Why has Clara left her husband?
4. Why and how does Clara's mother confide in Paul?
5. In Clara's opinion, what does Paul feel for her?
6. Why does Mrs. Morel dissuade Paul and Miriam's relationship?
7. What are the results of Paul's first place win at the art exhibition?
8. Describe Clara Dawes when Paul meets her for the first time.
9. Why does Mr. Morel eat dinner before seeing the body of his dead wife?
10. What are Paul's feelings when he is at the seaside?
This section contains 717 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)