|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is asked to deliver a message to Clara?
(c) Mrs. Morel.
2. What does Paul begin to teach Miriam despite the fact that he doesn't want to spend more time with her?
3. What place does Paul's work win in the exhibition?
4. How does Mrs. Morel spend her days now that she is very ill?
(a) At the library.
(b) Sewing and knitting.
(c) In bed.
(d) Cooking and cleaning.
5. How many guineas does Paul's exhibition work sell for?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Morel do before seeing the dead body of his wife?
2. Who invites Paul to see Sarah Bernhardt?
3. What does Miriam say to Paul about marriage when they visit at her grandmother's cottage?
4. Who does Paul invite to go on a seaside trip in the chapter, "Passion"?
5. Who does Paul find at the home he visits in Sheffield?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Miriam's plan to get Paul back in "Defeat of Miriam"?
2. How does Miriam react to Paul's discussion of marriage in the chapter, "The Test on Miriam"?
3. What is the cause of Paul breaking up with Miriam in the chapter, "The Test on Miriam"?
4. Describe Clara Dawes when Paul meets her for the first time.
5. In Clara's opinion, what does Paul feel for her?
6. Why does Paul take Mrs. Morel on a trip to the Isle of Wight?
7. Who does Paul love in the chapter, "Baxter Dawes"?
8. What does Mrs. Morel think about Clara?
9. Why does D. H. Lawrence build sexual tension between Paul and Clara?
10. How does Paul begin to feel about Clara in the chapter, "Defeat of Miriam"?
This section contains 709 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)