|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Paul think Mrs. Morel's dead body looks like?
(a) A happy woman.
(b) A young girl.
(c) An old lady.
(d) A sad housewife.
2. When Arthur becomes a teenager, how does he begin to behave?
3. How much time do Miriam and Paul spend together when Miriam takes care of her grandmother?
(a) 2 weeks.
(b) 1 day.
(c) 1 week.
(d) 3 days.
4. Which character believes that Paul doesn't fully love her?
(c) Mrs. Morel.
(d) Clara and Miriam.
5. What happens to Mrs. Morel's health as her life becomes more stressful?
(a) She breaks her leg.
(b) She has a heart attack.
(c) She has problems with her throat.
(d) She becomes short of breath often.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the first to notice Mrs. Morel's health issues?
2. What does Mr. Morel do before seeing the dead body of his wife?
3. Who invites Paul to see Sarah Bernhardt?
4. On what day does Clara join Paul's family for tea?
5. What does Miriam say to Paul about marriage when they visit at her grandmother's cottage?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Clara's opinion, what does Paul feel for her?
2. Why does Paul have low self-esteem?
3. What causes Clara to feel concern for Baxter Dawes?
4. In "The Test on Miriam", why does Paul increase his level of courtship with Miriam?
5. What does Mrs. Morel think about Clara?
6. Why does D. H. Lawrence build sexual tension between Paul and Clara?
7. Why does Paul decide that he must break off his relationship with Miriam completely in the chapter, "Defeat of Miriam"?
8. Why does Mr. Morel eat dinner before seeing the body of his dead wife?
9. How does Paul begin to feel about Clara in the chapter, "Defeat of Miriam"?
10. Why and how does Clara's mother confide in Paul?
This section contains 719 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)