|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Mrs. Morel blame for the food in the oven being burnt?
(a) Mr. Morel.
(d) The village girl.
2. Why does Arthur get married?
(a) He has always wanted to get married.
(b) He is worried he will be poor otherwise.
(c) His girlfriend's family threatens him.
(d) His girlfriend is pregnant.
3. How many guineas does Paul's exhibition work sell for?
4. Who advises Paul to begin carrying a weapon?
(b) Mrs. Morel.
(d) Mr. Morel.
5. Where does Baxter work?
(a) Jordan Company.
(b) Lester Company.
(c) Smith Company.
(d) Dexter Company.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Paul invite to go on a seaside trip in the chapter, "Passion"?
2. Why does Paul stop seeing Miriam so much?
3. What unlikely friendship forms in the chapter, "The Release"?
4. How old is Paul in the chapter "The Test on Miriam"?
5. What is Miriam's reaction to Paul's avoiding her?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mrs. Morel think about Clara?
2. Why and how does Clara's mother confide in Paul?
3. What is the cause of Paul breaking up with Miriam in the chapter, "The Test on Miriam"?
4. What are the results of Paul's first place win at the art exhibition?
5. Why does Mr. Morel eat dinner before seeing the body of his dead wife?
6. What are Paul's feelings when he is at the seaside?
7. Who does Paul love in the chapter, "Baxter Dawes"?
8. How does Miriam react to Paul's discussion of marriage in the chapter, "The Test on Miriam"?
9. How is Mrs. Morel's health related to Paul's emotions?
10. Why does Paul take Mrs. Morel on a trip to the Isle of Wight?
This section contains 748 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)