|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Paul and Miriam are distracted by the village girl, what burns in the oven?
(b) Pot roast.
2. What does Paul begin to teach Miriam despite the fact that he doesn't want to spend more time with her?
3. Where does Baxter move?
(b) The United States.
4. How does Paul make money in the chapter "Passion"?
5. How does Mrs. Morel spend her days now that she is very ill?
(a) Sewing and knitting.
(b) Cooking and cleaning.
(c) In bed.
(d) At the library.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Annie's new husband?
2. How old is Paul in the chapter "The Test on Miriam"?
3. Which character believes that Paul doesn't fully love her?
4. Who invites Paul to see Sarah Bernhardt?
5. Why does Arthur get married?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Mrs. Morel dissuade Paul and Miriam's relationship?
2. How does Paul begin to feel about Clara in the chapter, "Defeat of Miriam"?
3. Why does Mr. Morel eat dinner before seeing the body of his dead wife?
4. Why does Paul take Mrs. Morel on a trip to the Isle of Wight?
5. What does Mrs. Morel think about Clara?
6. Why is Paul attracted to Clara?
7. Describe Clara Dawes when Paul meets her for the first time.
8. Why does Mrs. Morel blame the burned bread on Miriam's presence at the house?
9. Why does Paul begin avoiding Miriam in the chapter, "Defeat of Miriam"?
10. Who does Paul love in the chapter, "Baxter Dawes"?
This section contains 694 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)