|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Morel do before seeing the dead body of his wife?
(a) Eats dinner.
(b) Watches a sports match.
(c) Makes some phone calls.
(d) Goes to the bar.
2. What happens to Mrs. Morel's health as her life becomes more stressful?
(a) She breaks her leg.
(b) She has a heart attack.
(c) She becomes short of breath often.
(d) She has problems with her throat.
3. What season is it when Paul decides to see Miriam after turning her down the first time?
4. Why does Paul take Mrs. Morel to the city?
(a) To go to a doctor's appointment.
(b) To shop.
(c) To see Arthur.
(d) To see a distant cousin.
5. What is the weather like at Mrs. Morel's burial?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Arthur get married?
2. What drives Clara away from Paul?
3. What are Miriam and Paul doing when they kiss for the first time?
4. What place does Paul's work win in the exhibition?
5. Who invites Paul to see Sarah Bernhardt?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Miriam react to Paul's discussion of marriage in the chapter, "The Test on Miriam"?
2. What are Paul's feelings when he is at the seaside?
3. In "The Test on Miriam", why does Paul increase his level of courtship with Miriam?
4. Why does Mr. Morel eat dinner before seeing the body of his dead wife?
5. Why does Paul take Mrs. Morel on a trip to the Isle of Wight?
6. Why does Miriam believe that Paul has broken up with her?
7. How does Paul begin to feel about Clara in the chapter, "Defeat of Miriam"?
8. How does Paul change as Mrs. Morel gets sicker in the chapter, "The Release"?
9. Why does Mrs. Morel blame the burned bread on Miriam's presence at the house?
10. Why does Paul begin avoiding Miriam in the chapter, "Defeat of Miriam"?
This section contains 781 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)