|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Paul tells Miriam he wants to spend less time with her after discussing marriage for the first time, how does Miriam feel?
2. How long has Miriam known Paul in "Passion"?
(a) 3 years.
(b) 10 years.
(c) 5 years.
(d) 8 years.
3. What is the name of Arthur's girlfriend?
4. How does Mrs. Morel spend her days now that she is very ill?
(a) Cooking and cleaning.
(b) In bed.
(c) At the library.
(d) Sewing and knitting.
5. How does Paul view Clara when he initially meets her?
(a) Kind and graceful.
(b) Hostile and attractive.
(c) Conceited and hideous.
(d) Angry and ugly.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Miriam and Paul doing when they kiss for the first time?
2. Who wakes Paul up the morning after he spends the night at Clara's home?
3. What do Clara and her mother do for a living?
4. What does Paul put in Mrs. Morel's drink to cause her to die?
5. What is the weather like at Mrs. Morel's burial?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Clara Dawes when Paul meets her for the first time.
2. Why does Mrs. Morel blame the burned bread on Miriam's presence at the house?
3. Why does Paul decide that he must break off his relationship with Miriam completely in the chapter, "Defeat of Miriam"?
4. Why and how does Clara's mother confide in Paul?
5. Why has Clara left her husband?
6. How is Mrs. Morel's health related to Paul's emotions?
7. Why does Mrs. Morel dissuade Paul and Miriam's relationship?
8. What is Miriam's plan to get Paul back in "Defeat of Miriam"?
9. Who does Paul love in the chapter, "Baxter Dawes"?
10. What does Clara convince Paul about Miriam in the chapter, "Clara"?
This section contains 701 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)