|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Miriam's reaction to Paul's avoiding her?
(a) Miriam doesn't believe that Paul really wants to avoid her.
(b) Miriam thinks Paul is more interested in somebody else.
(c) Miriam thinks Mr. Morel has forebidden them from being together.
(d) Miriam thinks that it's Mrs. Morel's fault.
2. Who invites Paul to see Sarah Bernhardt?
(a) Mrs. Morel.
(d) Clara's mother.
3. How does Mrs. Morel spend her days now that she is very ill?
(a) Sewing and knitting.
(b) At the library.
(c) Cooking and cleaning.
(d) In bed.
4. What does Miriam say to Paul about marriage when they visit at her grandmother's cottage?
(a) That she and Paul do not belong together.
(b) That she is too young to marry.
(c) That she would rather have a career.
(d) That she wants to marry somebody else.
5. What season is it when Paul decides to see Miriam after turning her down the first time?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is asked to deliver a message to Clara?
2. Which of the following words does Paul use to describe Miriam to Clara?
3. What does Miriam believe will happen when Paul leaves her after discussing marriage for the first time?
4. How does Paul view Clara when he initially meets her?
5. When Paul tells Miriam he wants to spend less time with her after discussing marriage for the first time, how does Miriam feel?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)