|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Paul take Mrs. Morel to the city?
(a) To go to a doctor's appointment.
(b) To shop.
(c) To see Arthur.
(d) To see a distant cousin.
2. How many guineas does Paul's exhibition work sell for?
3. What is the name of Annie's new husband?
4. What is the name of Arthur's girlfriend?
5. How much time do Miriam and Paul spend together when Miriam takes care of her grandmother?
(a) 1 week.
(b) 3 days.
(c) 2 weeks.
(d) 1 day.
Short Answer Questions
1. What season is it when Paul decides to see Miriam after turning her down the first time?
2. How does Paul break up with Miriam?
3. What happens to Mrs. Morel's health as her life becomes more stressful?
4. What does Paul enter into an exhibition?
5. How does Paul make money in the chapter "Passion"?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Paul have low self-esteem?
2. In Clara's opinion, what does Paul feel for her?
3. How does Paul begin to feel about Clara in the chapter, "Defeat of Miriam"?
4. Why does D. H. Lawrence build sexual tension between Paul and Clara?
5. When Arthur joins the army, what is Mrs. Morel's hope for him?
6. Why does Paul take Mrs. Morel on a trip to the Isle of Wight?
7. Why does Miriam believe that Paul has broken up with her?
8. How is Mrs. Morel's health related to Paul's emotions?
9. Why does Paul begin avoiding Miriam in the chapter, "Defeat of Miriam"?
10. What is the cause of Paul breaking up with Miriam in the chapter, "The Test on Miriam"?
This section contains 696 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)