|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Paul make money in the chapter "Passion"?
2. Who does Paul take to the Isle of Wight?
(b) Clara and her mother.
(c) Mrs. Morel.
3. Where does Baxter move?
(c) The United States.
4. When Paul tells Miriam he wants to spend less time with her after discussing marriage for the first time, how does Miriam feel?
5. What are Miriam and Paul doing when they kiss for the first time?
(a) Studying Latin.
(b) Eating dinner.
(c) Studying French.
(d) Going for a walk.
Short Answer Questions
1. What distracts Paul at the Sarah Bernhardt performance?
2. What happens to Mrs. Morel's health as her life becomes more stressful?
3. Which of the following words does Paul use to describe Miriam to Clara?
4. Who wakes Paul up the morning after he spends the night at Clara's home?
5. What is Mrs. Morel's nightly drink?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are Paul's feelings when he is at the seaside?
2. What causes Clara to feel concern for Baxter Dawes?
3. Why does Paul have low self-esteem?
4. What does Mrs. Morel think about Clara?
5. In "The Test on Miriam", why does Paul increase his level of courtship with Miriam?
6. What are the results of Paul's first place win at the art exhibition?
7. Who does Paul love in the chapter, "Baxter Dawes"?
8. Why does Mrs. Morel blame the burned bread on Miriam's presence at the house?
9. What does Clara convince Paul about Miriam in the chapter, "Clara"?
10. How does Paul begin to feel about Clara in the chapter, "Defeat of Miriam"?
This section contains 704 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)