|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "The Release", which character is put in the hospital?
2. Where does Paul's relationship with Clara end?
(a) On a seaside trip.
(b) At Clara's house.
(c) At the Leiver farm.
(d) At Jordan Company.
3. What place does Paul's work win in the exhibition?
4. What hope does Mrs. Morel have for Arthur when she sees how he behaves?
(a) That he will get married and start a family.
(b) That he will mature.
(c) That he will get a job.
(d) That he will never marry.
5. What is Miriam's reaction to Paul's avoiding her?
(a) Miriam doesn't believe that Paul really wants to avoid her.
(b) Miriam thinks Paul is more interested in somebody else.
(c) Miriam thinks Mr. Morel has forebidden them from being together.
(d) Miriam thinks that it's Mrs. Morel's fault.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Arthur's girlfriend?
2. Who wakes Paul up the morning after he spends the night at Clara's home?
3. Who does Paul decide to devote more time to in "Passion"?
4. On what day does Clara join Paul's family for tea?
5. Why does Mrs. Morel approve of Annie's marriage?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Arthur joins the army, what is Mrs. Morel's hope for him?
2. What are the results of Paul's first place win at the art exhibition?
3. Why does Mr. Morel eat dinner before seeing the body of his dead wife?
4. Why has Clara left her husband?
5. What causes Clara to feel concern for Baxter Dawes?
6. Why does Mrs. Morel blame the burned bread on Miriam's presence at the house?
7. What is Miriam's plan to get Paul back in "Defeat of Miriam"?
8. Why does Paul have low self-esteem?
9. Why does Paul decide that he must break off his relationship with Miriam completely in the chapter, "Defeat of Miriam"?
10. Why does D. H. Lawrence build sexual tension between Paul and Clara?
This section contains 719 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)