|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Paul make money in the chapter "Passion"?
2. When Paul and Miriam are distracted by the village girl, what burns in the oven?
(b) Pot roast.
3. Where do Paul and Miriam consummate their relationship?
(a) Mrs. Morel's home.
(b) The Leiver farm.
(c) Clara's home.
(d) Miriam's grandmother's cottage.
4. What does Paul put in Mrs. Morel's drink to cause her to die?
(d) Spoiled milk.
5. What is Miriam's reaction to Paul's avoiding her?
(a) Miriam doesn't believe that Paul really wants to avoid her.
(b) Miriam thinks Mr. Morel has forebidden them from being together.
(c) Miriam thinks Paul is more interested in somebody else.
(d) Miriam thinks that it's Mrs. Morel's fault.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character does Paul love completely in the chapter, "Baxter Dawes"?
2. Which of the following words does Paul use to describe Miriam to Clara?
3. Where does Baxter move?
4. What is the name of Annie's new husband?
5. How much time do Miriam and Paul spend together when Miriam takes care of her grandmother?
This section contains 189 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)