|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Paul often work on his art?
(a) Miriam's family's farm.
(b) The cemetery.
(c) Mrs. Morel's bedroom.
(d) Clara's home.
2. How does Paul break up with Miriam?
(a) He tells her on the phone.
(b) He sends her a letter.
(c) He tells Clara to do it for him.
(d) He talks to her face to face.
3. Which character does Paul love completely in the chapter, "Baxter Dawes"?
(d) Mrs. Morel.
4. In "The Release", which character is put in the hospital?
5. Where does Paul's relationship with Clara end?
(a) At Jordan Company.
(b) On a seaside trip.
(c) At Clara's house.
(d) At the Leiver farm.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Morel do before seeing the dead body of his wife?
2. What does Paul think Mrs. Morel's dead body looks like?
3. Who wakes Paul up the morning after he spends the night at Clara's home?
4. On what day does Miriam invite both Clara and Paul over to her home?
5. Who does Paul decide to devote more time to in "Passion"?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Paul decide that he must break off his relationship with Miriam completely in the chapter, "Defeat of Miriam"?
2. Describe Clara Dawes when Paul meets her for the first time.
3. Why does Mr. Morel eat dinner before seeing the body of his dead wife?
4. What are Paul's feelings when he is at the seaside?
5. In "The Test on Miriam", why does Paul increase his level of courtship with Miriam?
6. How does Paul change as Mrs. Morel gets sicker in the chapter, "The Release"?
7. In Clara's opinion, what does Paul feel for her?
8. Why does Mrs. Morel dissuade Paul and Miriam's relationship?
9. What is the cause of Paul breaking up with Miriam in the chapter, "The Test on Miriam"?
10. Why does Paul take Mrs. Morel on a trip to the Isle of Wight?
This section contains 744 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)