|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Paul tells Miriam he wants to spend less time with her after discussing marriage for the first time, how does Miriam feel?
2. Who does Paul find at the home he visits in Sheffield?
(b) Mrs. Morel.
(c) Mr. Morel.
3. Which character feels sorry for Clara in the chapter "Passion"?
(d) Mrs. Morel.
4. Where does Baxter move?
(a) The United States.
5. On what day does Miriam invite both Clara and Paul over to her home?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who gets fired after an altercation?
2. How does Clara react to Baxter getting out of the hospital?
3. How many years older is Clara than Paul?
4. How does Paul view Clara when he initially meets her?
5. What drives Clara away from Paul?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Mrs. Morel blame the burned bread on Miriam's presence at the house?
2. Why does Mrs. Morel dissuade Paul and Miriam's relationship?
3. When Arthur joins the army, what is Mrs. Morel's hope for him?
4. Why does Mr. Morel eat dinner before seeing the body of his dead wife?
5. How does Miriam react to Paul's discussion of marriage in the chapter, "The Test on Miriam"?
6. Why has Clara left her husband?
7. Why does Paul begin avoiding Miriam in the chapter, "Defeat of Miriam"?
8. What is the cause of Paul breaking up with Miriam in the chapter, "The Test on Miriam"?
9. What is Miriam's plan to get Paul back in "Defeat of Miriam"?
10. Who does Paul love in the chapter, "Baxter Dawes"?
This section contains 706 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)