|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the village girl who arrives and distracts Paul and Miriam at the Morel home?
2. Who beats up Paul in Nottingham?
(a) Mr. Morel.
(b) Miriam's brother.
3. How many years older is Clara than Paul?
4. How does Paul make money in the chapter "Passion"?
5. Who does Paul give the money from selling his work at the exhibition?
(b) Mr. Morel.
(d) Mrs. Morel.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Clara make Paul consider?
2. What is Mrs. Morel's nightly drink?
3. How does Clara react to Baxter getting out of the hospital?
4. What is the name of Annie's new husband?
5. Why does Arthur get married?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Arthur joins the army, what is Mrs. Morel's hope for him?
2. In Clara's opinion, what does Paul feel for her?
3. What is the cause of Paul breaking up with Miriam in the chapter, "The Test on Miriam"?
4. What does Clara convince Paul about Miriam in the chapter, "Clara"?
5. What is Miriam's plan to get Paul back in "Defeat of Miriam"?
6. Why has Clara left her husband?
7. Why does Paul begin avoiding Miriam in the chapter, "Defeat of Miriam"?
8. Who does Paul love in the chapter, "Baxter Dawes"?
9. Describe Clara Dawes when Paul meets her for the first time.
10. Why does Mr. Morel eat dinner before seeing the body of his dead wife?
This section contains 706 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)