|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do the girls that Paul makes friends with work?
(a) Sewing room.
(b) Knitting area.
(c) Reception desk.
2. What is the name of William's girlfriend?
3. What does Mr. Morel throw at his wife's head?
(a) A plate.
(b) A lamp.
(c) A knife.
(d) A drawer.
4. What quality of Miriam's is Paul drawn to?
(d) Her hobbies.
5. When the novel begins, how long have the Morels been married?
(a) 5 years.
(b) 20 years.
(c) 8 years.
(d) 3 years.
Short Answer Questions
1. What item does Paul exhibit violent behavior on?
2. Who does Mrs.Morel send Arthur to live with?
3. What offends Mrs. Morel about the photograph that William sends her?
4. For what occasion does the Morel family decorate their home?
5. Who does Paul talk about his work to often?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why isn't Mrs. Morel happy at the beginning of the book?
2. Why does Paul pick up his father's paychecks and pay some of the bills?
3. Describe Mr. Morel's alcohol problem.
4. Describe the Leiver family.
5. Describe the relationship between the Morel family and Lily.
6. Compare the jobs that Paul and William have to that of Mr. Morel and explain why there is such a difference.
7. Describe Mrs. Morel's reaction to William's death.
8. What causes Mr. and Mrs. Morel's relationship to recover slightly in "The Casting Off of Morel"?
9. Why does Mrs. Morel dislike William's girlfriend, Lily?
10. Why does Mr. Morel blame Mrs. Morel for their fight?
This section contains 702 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)