|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why doesn't Mrs. Morel want to have a third child?
(a) She hates pregnancy.
(b) She is afraid of childbirth.
(c) She no longer loves her children.
(d) She no longer loves her husband.
2. What is the name of Paul's neighborhood?
(a) The Middles.
(b) The Tops.
(c) The Sides.
(d) The Bottoms.
3. Where does Mr. Morel get injured?
4. Which of the following best describes Mr. Morel's demeanor?
5. What family member gets pneumonia after William dies?
(b) Mr. Morel.
(c) Mrs. Morel.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Mrs. Morel dote on the least?
2. Which character is the most proud of William?
3. How does Mrs. Morel find out that William is sick?
4. Who gets angry about another character working as a clerk?
5. Who is coming to visit the Morel family for the holiday?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Mrs. Morel blame the burned bread on Miriam's presence at the house?
2. Describe the feelings that Paul and Miriam have for each other, and why in "Lad-and-Girl Love".
3. Why does Paul begin avoiding Miriam in the chapter, "Defeat of Miriam"?
4. In Clara's opinion, what does Paul feel for her?
5. Why does Paul decide that he must break off his relationship with Miriam completely in the chapter, "Defeat of Miriam"?
6. Why isn't Mrs. Morel happy at the beginning of the book?
7. Describe Mrs. Morel's reaction to William's death.
8. In "The Test on Miriam", why does Paul increase his level of courtship with Miriam?
9. Describe the Leiver family.
10. What are the results of Paul's first place win at the art exhibition?
This section contains 738 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)