|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Paul's neighborhood?
(a) The Middles.
(b) The Sides.
(c) The Bottoms.
(d) The Tops.
2. Where do the girls that Paul makes friends with work?
(b) Reception desk.
(c) Sewing room.
(d) Knitting area.
3. What does the Thomas Jordan firm manufacture?
(a) Bathoom appliances.
(b) Kitchen appliances.
(c) Business appliances.
(d) Surgical appliances.
4. Who gets angry about another character working as a clerk?
(b) Mrs. Morel.
(d) Mr. Morel.
5. In what season did Mr. and Mrs. Morel meet?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who teaches Paul a second language?
2. Which of his children does Mr. Morel bond with the most?
3. Where does Mr. Morel get injured?
4. How does Mrs. Morel find out that William is sick?
5. How does Mr. Morel "defile" William?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Mrs. Morel dislike William's girlfriend, Lily?
2. Describe the relationship between the Morel family and Lily.
3. Describe the feelings that Paul and Miriam have for each other, and why in "Lad-and-Girl Love".
4. Compare Paul and Mrs. Morel.
5. How is Arthur described as being similar to his father?
6. How does Mrs. Morel feel about her baby when it is born?
7. What causes Mr. and Mrs. Morel's relationship to recover slightly in "The Casting Off of Morel"?
8. Why doesn't Mrs. Morel like Miriam?
9. Why don't Miriam's brothers think that she should learn algebra?
10. What are the similarities between Paul and Miriam?
This section contains 648 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)