|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Mr. Heaton's relationship to Paul?
2. What is Annie's job?
3. Which of the following contributes to the problems the Morels have with money?
(a) Mrs. Morel loses her job.
(b) Mrs. Morel's shopping habits.
(c) Mr. Morel's drinking.
(d) A recent death in the family.
4. Who actively tries to keep Paul and Miriam apart?
(a) Mr. Morel.
(c) Miriam's brothers.
(d) Mrs. Morel.
5. When Paul feels frustrated, who does he avoid?
(a) Mr. Morel.
(b) Mrs. Morel.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why doesn't Mrs. Morel accept an apology from Mr. Morel?
2. What is the last name of the Morel's family friend?
3. What is Mr. Heaton's occupation?
4. Who is coming to visit the Morel family for the holiday?
5. For what occasion does the Morel family decorate their home?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why isn't Mrs. Morel happy at the beginning of the book?
2. Describe the feelings that Paul and Miriam have for each other, and why in "Lad-and-Girl Love".
3. Describe Nottinghamshire and The Bottoms.
4. Why does Paul break Annie's dolls and set them on fire?
5. Why does Mrs. Morel dislike William's girlfriend, Lily?
6. Why doesn't Mrs. Morel like Miriam?
7. Compare Paul and Mrs. Morel.
8. What causes Mr. and Mrs. Morel's relationship to recover slightly in "The Casting Off of Morel"?
9. Why does Paul pick up his father's paychecks and pay some of the bills?
10. Why doesn't Mrs. Morel get any help from her in-laws?
This section contains 690 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)