|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the names of the Morel parents?
(a) Walter and Gertrude.
(b) Luke and Deborah.
(c) Peter and Mary.
(d) Shane and Barbara.
2. Where is Mr. Morel when Paul is born?
(a) At the bar.
(b) At church.
(c) At a friend's house.
(d) At work.
3. Which of the following best describes Mr. Morel's demeanor?
4. Who does Paul seem to be following in the footsteps of in Mrs. Morel's eyes?
(b) Mrs. Morel.
(c) Mr. Morel.
5. Who makes the Morel family uncomfortable?
(a) William's fiance.
(b) Mr. Heaton.
(c) Paul's boss.
(d) The midwife.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why doesn't Mrs. Morel want to have a third child?
2. Which of his children does Mr. Morel bond with the most?
3. What is Mr. Heaton's occupation?
4. Who gets a job as a clerk in a co-op office?
5. In what season did Mr. and Mrs. Morel meet?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Mrs. Morel's health related to Paul's emotions?
2. How does Paul change as Mrs. Morel gets sicker in the chapter, "The Release"?
3. Why does Paul decide that he must break off his relationship with Miriam completely in the chapter, "Defeat of Miriam"?
4. What are the similarities between Paul and Miriam?
5. In what ways does William become successful?
6. Why does Mr. Morel blame Mrs. Morel for their fight?
7. When Arthur joins the army, what is Mrs. Morel's hope for him?
8. What is the cause of Paul breaking up with Miriam in the chapter, "The Test on Miriam"?
9. Why does Mrs. Morel blame the burned bread on Miriam's presence at the house?
10. Compare the jobs that Paul and William have to that of Mr. Morel and explain why there is such a difference.
This section contains 717 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)