|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Annie's job?
2. Which of the following contributes to the problems the Morels have with money?
(a) Mrs. Morel's shopping habits.
(b) Mr. Morel's drinking.
(c) Mrs. Morel loses her job.
(d) A recent death in the family.
3. Where does Mr. Morel get injured?
4. Who fully supports another character's job as a clerk?
(a) Mrs. Morel.
(b) Mr. Morel.
5. Where is Mr. Morel when Paul is born?
(a) At a friend's house.
(b) At the bar.
(c) At church.
(d) At work.
Short Answer Questions
1. What item does Paul exhibit violent behavior on?
2. Which family member does Paul most resemble?
3. Why does Mrs. Morel need Mr. Morel to stay?
4. Who disapproves of Miriam learning algebra?
5. Who actively tries to keep Paul and Miriam apart?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Mr. Morel blame Mrs. Morel for their fight?
2. Describe Paul's general appearance and personality.
3. What does the time period of Sons and Lovers tell us about domestic abuse in the novel?
4. Why does Paul pick up his father's paychecks and pay some of the bills?
5. What is Mr. Morel's reaction to Arthur's birth?
6. Describe Mrs. Morel's reaction to William's death.
7. Why is Paul awarded a job in Nottingham?
8. How is Arthur described as being similar to his father?
9. Why doesn't Mrs. Morel like Miriam?
10. Describe Nottinghamshire and The Bottoms.
This section contains 683 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)