|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Mr. Morel blame his altercation with Mrs. Morel on?
(a) Mr. Heaton.
(c) Mrs. Morel.
2. When Paul feels frustrated, who does he avoid?
(a) Mrs. Morel.
(c) Mr. Morel.
3. What does Mr. Morel steal money for?
(c) A birthday gift.
(d) A gift to make Mrs. Morel happy.
4. How many times do the Morels hear from William's fiance after he dies?
(a) Three times.
5. In the town that the Morels live in, what is the main industry?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who teaches Paul a second language?
2. Who does Mrs.Morel send Arthur to live with?
3. Who is coming to visit the Morel family for the holiday?
4. How old is Paul when Mrs. Morel gives birth to another child?
5. How does Mrs. Morel find out that William is sick?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the Leiver family.
2. Describe the relationship between the Morel family and Lily.
3. What happens in "Paul Launches into Life" that causes Mr. Morel to become physically hurt?
4. Compare Paul and Mrs. Morel.
5. Describe Nottinghamshire and The Bottoms.
6. How does Mrs. Morel feel about her baby when it is born?
7. Why isn't Mrs. Morel happy at the beginning of the book?
8. Why is Mr. Morel upset that William has an office job?
9. Describe Paul's general appearance and personality.
10. Why does Mr. Morel blame Mrs. Morel for their fight?
This section contains 630 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)