|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which word most describes Paul's personality?
2. Where do the girls that Paul makes friends with work?
(a) Knitting area.
(c) Sewing room.
(d) Reception desk.
3. Who is coming to visit the Morel family for the holiday?
(a) The midwife.
(b) A cousin.
(c) Mr. Heaton.
4. Why does the relationship between Mr. and Mrs. Morel improve when he heals?
(a) Mr. Morel stops drinking.
(b) Mrs. Morel stops shopping.
(c) Mr. Morel gets a better job.
(d) Mrs. Morel begins caring for the children better.
5. What offends Mrs. Morel about the photograph that William sends her?
(a) His clothing.
(b) His girlfriend's bare shoulders.
(c) His elaborate home.
(d) His expensive shoes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Morel throw at his wife's head?
2. Who gets angry about another character working as a clerk?
3. Why doesn't Mrs. Morel accept an apology from Mr. Morel?
4. Where does Mr. Morel get injured?
5. What does Paul teach Miriam first?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Paul pick up his father's paychecks and pay some of the bills?
2. Why isn't Mrs. Morel happy at the beginning of the book?
3. Describe Paul's general appearance and personality.
4. How does Mrs. Morel feel about her baby when it is born?
5. Why is Mr. Morel upset that William has an office job?
6. What happens in "Paul Launches into Life" that causes Mr. Morel to become physically hurt?
7. Describe Mr. Morel's alcohol problem.
8. How is Arthur described as being similar to his father?
9. Describe the Leiver family.
10. Describe the feelings that Paul and Miriam have for each other, and why in "Lad-and-Girl Love".
This section contains 675 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)