|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many times do the Morels hear from William's fiance after he dies?
(b) Three times.
2. Who is coming to visit the Morel family for the holiday?
(b) The midwife.
(c) Mr. Heaton.
(d) A cousin.
3. Who fully supports another character's job as a clerk?
(c) Mr. Morel.
(d) Mrs. Morel.
4. Who occasionally makes Paul feel frustrated?
(d) Mrs. Morel.
5. How does Mr. Morel "defile" William?
(a) He lets William run around in his pajamas.
(b) He lets William drink alcohol.
(c) He forgets to brush William's teeth.
(d) He cuts William's hair.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of his children does Mr. Morel bond with the most?
2. What is Mr. Heaton's occupation?
3. What is said to have saved Mrs. Morel from depression after William's death?
4. What second language does Paul speak?
5. What does Mr. Morel steal money for?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Paul's general appearance and personality.
2. What are the similarities between Paul and Miriam?
3. Why doesn't Mrs. Morel get any help from her in-laws?
4. What causes Mr. and Mrs. Morel's relationship to recover slightly in "The Casting Off of Morel"?
5. How does Mrs. Morel feel about her baby when it is born?
6. Describe Nottinghamshire and The Bottoms.
7. How is Arthur described as being similar to his father?
8. What happens in "Paul Launches into Life" that causes Mr. Morel to become physically hurt?
9. Describe Mrs. Morel's reaction to William's death.
10. Why is Paul awarded a job in Nottingham?
This section contains 666 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)