|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Paul seem to be following in the footsteps of in Mrs. Morel's eyes?
(b) Mrs. Morel.
(d) Mr. Morel.
2. Who is Arthur most like?
(a) Mrs. Morel.
(d) Mr. Morel.
3. Which character is the most proud of William?
(a) William's girlfriend.
(b) Mr. Morel.
(c) Mrs. Morel.
4. Which word most describes Paul's personality?
5. Why does Mrs. Morel need Mr. Morel to stay?
(a) She needs the support of his parents.
(b) She doesn't want the social stigma of being alone.
(c) She can't support the children.
(d) She still loves him.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the beginning, what year does the novel take place?
2. How many relationships has Paul had before Miriam?
3. Who teaches Paul a second language?
4. What does Mr. Morel injure?
5. Who actively tries to keep Paul and Miriam apart?
Short Essay Questions
1. Compare Paul and Mrs. Morel.
2. Why does Paul pick up his father's paychecks and pay some of the bills?
3. What does the time period of Sons and Lovers tell us about domestic abuse in the novel?
4. Why doesn't Mrs. Morel accept Mr. Morel's apology for locking her out of the house?
5. What causes Mr. and Mrs. Morel's relationship to recover slightly in "The Casting Off of Morel"?
6. Why is Paul awarded a job in Nottingham?
7. Describe Paul's general appearance and personality.
8. What is Mr. Morel's reaction to Arthur's birth?
9. Why is Mr. Morel upset that William has an office job?
10. Why does Mr. Morel blame Mrs. Morel for their fight?
This section contains 653 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)