|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Mr. Heaton's relationship to Paul?
2. What does Mr. Morel injure?
3. What is the name of Paul's neighborhood?
(a) The Sides.
(b) The Bottoms.
(c) The Middles.
(d) The Tops.
4. Who is Arthur most like?
(b) Mr. Morel.
(c) Mrs. Morel.
5. Who is coming to visit the Morel family for the holiday?
(b) The midwife.
(c) A cousin.
(d) Mr. Heaton.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Thomas Jordan firm manufacture?
2. Why doesn't Mrs. Morel want to have a third child?
3. What is the name of William's sister?
4. Which of his children does Mr. Morel bond with the most?
5. What second language does Paul speak?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the relationship between the Morel family and Lily.
2. Describe the feelings that Paul and Miriam have for each other, and why in "Lad-and-Girl Love".
3. Compare the jobs that Paul and William have to that of Mr. Morel and explain why there is such a difference.
4. How does Mrs. Morel feel about her baby when it is born?
5. How is Arthur described as being similar to his father?
6. Why doesn't Mrs. Morel like Miriam?
7. In what ways does William become successful?
8. What is Mr. Morel's reaction to Arthur's birth?
9. Describe the Leiver family.
10. Why does Mrs. Morel dislike William's girlfriend, Lily?
This section contains 640 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)