|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Paul talk about his work to often?
(a) Mr. Heaton.
(b) Mr. Pappleworth.
(c) Mrs. Morel.
(d) Mr. Moral.
2. Why does the relationship between Mr. and Mrs. Morel improve when he heals?
(a) Mr. Morel stops drinking.
(b) Mrs. Morel stops shopping.
(c) Mrs. Morel begins caring for the children better.
(d) Mr. Morel gets a better job.
3. What is said to have saved Mrs. Morel from depression after William's death?
(a) Paul's love life.
(b) Annie's love life.
(c) Paul's illness.
(d) Mr. Morel's illness.
4. What type of meetings does Mrs. Morel begin to attend?
(a) Women's Guild.
(b) Mother's Guild.
(c) Women's Center.
(d) Mother's Center.
5. Who actively tries to keep Paul and Miriam apart?
(a) Miriam's brothers.
(b) Mrs. Morel.
(c) Mr. Morel.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the family's visitor arrive in their town?
2. What is one thing that Miriam absolutely does not want to be?
3. What is the name of Paul's neighborhood?
4. Why does Mrs. Morel need Mr. Morel to stay?
5. What does Paul often pick up to help the family's financial problems?
Short Essay Questions
1. What causes Mr. and Mrs. Morel's relationship to recover slightly in "The Casting Off of Morel"?
2. Why does Mr. Morel blame Mrs. Morel for their fight?
3. Describe the relationship between the Morel family and Lily.
4. Why is Mr. Morel upset that William has an office job?
5. Why isn't Mrs. Morel happy at the beginning of the book?
6. Describe the feelings that Paul and Miriam have for each other, and why in "Lad-and-Girl Love".
7. Why is Paul awarded a job in Nottingham?
8. Describe the Leiver family.
9. Why doesn't Mrs. Morel accept Mr. Morel's apology for locking her out of the house?
10. What happens in "Paul Launches into Life" that causes Mr. Morel to become physically hurt?
This section contains 730 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)