|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why doesn't Mrs. Morel accept an apology from Mr. Morel?
(a) She doesn't accept apologies from anybody.
(b) She wants him to feel bad about everything he's done.
(c) She wants to get a divorce.
(d) She knows he will behave badly again.
2. How old is Paul when Mrs. Morel gives birth to another child?
(a) 9 months.
(b) 12 months.
(c) 18 months.
(d) 24 months.
3. Where does Mr. Morel begin to spend more time to avoid Mrs. Morel?
(b) A friend's house.
(c) The bathroom.
(d) The pub.
4. Where does William go when he is offered a job?
(a) The United States of America.
(d) A village.
5. What is Mr. Heaton's occupation?
(c) Business owner.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many relationships has Paul had before Miriam?
2. What is the name of William's sister?
3. How many times do the Morels hear from William's fiance after he dies?
4. What are the names of the Morel parents?
5. From where does Mr. Morel steal money?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Paul pick up his father's paychecks and pay some of the bills?
2. What happens in "Paul Launches into Life" that causes Mr. Morel to become physically hurt?
3. Describe the feelings that Paul and Miriam have for each other, and why in "Lad-and-Girl Love".
4. Why isn't Mrs. Morel happy at the beginning of the book?
5. Compare Paul and Mrs. Morel.
6. What causes Mr. and Mrs. Morel's relationship to recover slightly in "The Casting Off of Morel"?
7. Why doesn't Mrs. Morel get any help from her in-laws?
8. Why does Mrs. Morel dislike William's girlfriend, Lily?
9. Why don't Miriam's brothers think that she should learn algebra?
10. What are the similarities between Paul and Miriam?
This section contains 692 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)