Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Mr. Morel "defile" William?
(a) He forgets to brush William's teeth.
(b) He lets William run around in his pajamas.
(c) He cuts William's hair.
(d) He lets William drink alcohol.
2. Who occasionally makes Paul feel frustrated?
(c) Mrs. Morel.
3. What is the name of William's sister?
4. What is one thing that Miriam absolutely does not want to be?
(a) A farmer's wife.
(b) A mother.
(c) A teacher.
(d) An employee.
5. What second language does Paul speak?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who gets a job as a clerk in a co-op office?
2. What does the Thomas Jordan firm manufacture?
3. What offends Mrs. Morel about the photograph that William sends her?
4. Who does Paul seem to be following in the footsteps of in Mrs. Morel's eyes?
5. In what season did Mr. and Mrs. Morel meet?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Paul end up deciding against committing suicide?
2. Why don't Miriam's brothers think that she should learn algebra?
3. After Mrs. Morel has died, how does Paul's life change?
4. Why is Paul negative about marriage at the end of the novel?
5. Why does Paul begin avoiding Miriam in the chapter, "Defeat of Miriam"?
6. What is the cause of Paul breaking up with Miriam in the chapter, "The Test on Miriam"?
7. Why has Clara left her husband?
8. In Clara's opinion, what does Paul feel for her?
9. Why does Paul decide that he must break off his relationship with Miriam completely in the chapter, "Defeat of Miriam"?
10. What is Miriam's plan to get Paul back in "Defeat of Miriam"?
This section contains 695 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)