|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who meets the Morel's visitor to help carry their belongings?
(a) Mrs. Morel.
(b) Mr. Morel and Paul.
(c) Paul and Annie.
2. Why does Mrs. Morel need Mr. Morel to stay?
(a) She still loves him.
(b) She needs the support of his parents.
(c) She doesn't want the social stigma of being alone.
(d) She can't support the children.
3. How long is it before Mr. Morel begins to heal?
(a) 1 day.
(b) 1 week.
(c) 1 year.
(d) 1 month.
4. Where does Mr. Morel begin to spend more time to avoid Mrs. Morel?
(a) The pub.
(b) A friend's house.
(d) The bathroom.
5. For what occasion does the Morel family decorate their home?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is said to have saved Mrs. Morel from depression after William's death?
2. Who actively tries to keep Paul and Miriam apart?
3. From where does Mr. Morel steal money?
4. Where does Mr. Morel get injured?
5. How does Mrs. Morel find out that William is sick?
Short Essay Questions
1. What causes Mr. and Mrs. Morel's relationship to recover slightly in "The Casting Off of Morel"?
2. Describe Mrs. Morel's reaction to William's death.
3. Compare Paul and Mrs. Morel.
4. Why is Mr. Morel upset that William has an office job?
5. Describe the relationship between the Morel family and Lily.
6. Why does Mrs. Morel dislike William's girlfriend, Lily?
7. Describe Mr. Morel's alcohol problem.
8. What are the similarities between Paul and Miriam?
9. Why doesn't Mrs. Morel like Miriam?
10. Why does Paul pick up his father's paychecks and pay some of the bills?
This section contains 699 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)