|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is coming to visit the Morel family for the holiday?
(a) The midwife.
(b) Mr. Heaton.
(c) A cousin.
2. Who gets angry about another character working as a clerk?
(c) Mr. Morel.
(d) Mrs. Morel.
3. Who teaches Paul a second language?
(a) Mrs. Morel.
(c) Mr. Morel.
(d) Mr. Heaton.
4. What is the name of William's sister?
5. What keeps the family from starving when Mr. Morel is sick?
(a) Help from friends and neighbors.
(b) Mrs. Morel gets a job.
(c) The children beg for food.
(d) A donation from the church.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Mr. Morel when Paul is born?
2. What does Mr. Morel injure?
3. Which of the following contributes to the problems the Morels have with money?
4. Who gets a job as a clerk in a co-op office?
5. Who does Mrs.Morel send Arthur to live with?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why doesn't Mrs. Morel get any help from her in-laws?
2. In what ways does William become successful?
3. What causes Mr. and Mrs. Morel's relationship to recover slightly in "The Casting Off of Morel"?
4. Describe the Leiver family.
5. Why does Mrs. Morel dislike William's girlfriend, Lily?
6. Describe Mr. Morel's alcohol problem.
7. What are the similarities between Paul and Miriam?
8. How is Arthur described as being similar to his father?
9. What happens in "Paul Launches into Life" that causes Mr. Morel to become physically hurt?
10. What is Mr. Morel's reaction to Arthur's birth?
This section contains 660 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)