|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What keeps the family from starving when Mr. Morel is sick?
(a) A donation from the church.
(b) The children beg for food.
(c) Mrs. Morel gets a job.
(d) Help from friends and neighbors.
2. Where does Mr. Morel get injured?
3. What does Mr. Morel steal money for?
(b) A birthday gift.
(d) A gift to make Mrs. Morel happy.
4. Whose mood is Paul closely linked to?
(a) Mrs. Morel.
(b) Mr. Morel.
5. What is Mr. Heaton's occupation?
(a) Business owner.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of meetings does Mrs. Morel begin to attend?
2. Who does Mr. Morel blame his altercation with Mrs. Morel on?
3. What is the name of William's sister?
4. What offends Mrs. Morel about the photograph that William sends her?
5. When Paul feels frustrated, who does he avoid?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the relationship between the Morel family and Lily.
2. Why does Paul break Annie's dolls and set them on fire?
3. What is Mr. Morel's reaction to Arthur's birth?
4. Why does Paul pick up his father's paychecks and pay some of the bills?
5. Why doesn't Mrs. Morel like Miriam?
6. Why doesn't Mrs. Morel get any help from her in-laws?
7. Why is Paul awarded a job in Nottingham?
8. Why isn't Mrs. Morel happy at the beginning of the book?
9. Describe the Leiver family.
10. Describe Mrs. Morel's reaction to William's death.
This section contains 669 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)