|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Mr. Morel "defile" William?
(a) He forgets to brush William's teeth.
(b) He cuts William's hair.
(c) He lets William run around in his pajamas.
(d) He lets William drink alcohol.
2. For what occasion does the Morel family decorate their home?
3. What offends Mrs. Morel about the photograph that William sends her?
(a) His girlfriend's bare shoulders.
(b) His clothing.
(c) His elaborate home.
(d) His expensive shoes.
4. Around the holiday, what does Mrs. Morel spend a lot of time doing?
(a) Working as a secretary.
5. How far into her marriage does Mrs. Morel stop loving her husband?
(a) 1 year.
(b) 3 years.
(c) 6 months.
(d) 5 years.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Paul teach Miriam first?
2. What second language does Paul speak?
3. What item does Paul exhibit violent behavior on?
4. Who gets angry about another character working as a clerk?
5. Who does Paul talk about his work to often?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why don't Miriam's brothers think that she should learn algebra?
2. In what ways does William become successful?
3. Why does Paul break Annie's dolls and set them on fire?
4. Describe the relationship between the Morel family and Lily.
5. Why does Mr. Morel blame Mrs. Morel for their fight?
6. How is Arthur described as being similar to his father?
7. Compare the jobs that Paul and William have to that of Mr. Morel and explain why there is such a difference.
8. Describe Mrs. Morel's reaction to William's death.
9. What are the similarities between Paul and Miriam?
10. Why does Paul pick up his father's paychecks and pay some of the bills?
This section contains 731 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)