|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Mr. Heaton's relationship to Paul?
2. Where does Mr. Morel begin to spend more time to avoid Mrs. Morel?
(a) The pub.
(b) A friend's house.
(c) The bathroom.
3. Which of his children does Mr. Morel bond with the most?
(a) His third.
(b) His fourth.
(c) His second.
(d) His first.
4. Who does Mr. Morel kick out of the house?
(a) A family friend.
(d) Mrs. Morel.
5. What family member gets pneumonia after William dies?
(a) Mr. Morel.
(b) Mrs. Morel.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Miriam most drawn to?
2. What quality of Miriam's is Paul drawn to?
3. How old is Paul when Mrs. Morel gives birth to another child?
4. Why doesn't Mrs. Morel accept an apology from Mr. Morel?
5. What is the name of William's girlfriend?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Mr. Morel's alcohol problem.
2. What are the results of Paul's first place win at the art exhibition?
3. In "The Test on Miriam", why does Paul increase his level of courtship with Miriam?
4. Why does Mrs. Morel blame the burned bread on Miriam's presence at the house?
5. Why is Paul awarded a job in Nottingham?
6. How does Mrs. Morel feel about her baby when it is born?
7. Compare the jobs that Paul and William have to that of Mr. Morel and explain why there is such a difference.
8. How is Mrs. Morel's health related to Paul's emotions?
9. Why doesn't Mrs. Morel like Miriam?
10. Why is Mr. Morel upset that William has an office job?
This section contains 671 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)