|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why doesn't Mrs. Morel want to have a third child?
(a) She no longer loves her children.
(b) She is afraid of childbirth.
(c) She no longer loves her husband.
(d) She hates pregnancy.
2. What type of meetings does Mrs. Morel begin to attend?
(a) Mother's Center.
(b) Women's Guild.
(c) Mother's Guild.
(d) Women's Center.
3. What is one thing that Miriam absolutely does not want to be?
(a) A teacher.
(b) A farmer's wife.
(c) An employee.
(d) A mother.
4. Who actively tries to keep Paul and Miriam apart?
(a) Mr. Morel.
(c) Mrs. Morel.
(d) Miriam's brothers.
5. Where do the girls that Paul makes friends with work?
(a) Knitting area.
(c) Reception desk.
(d) Sewing room.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following best describes Mr. Morel's demeanor?
2. How long does the Morel's visitor stay with them?
3. Why does Mrs. Morel need Mr. Morel to stay?
4. What causes William to die?
5. How many relationships has Miriam had before Paul?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Mrs. Morel dislike William's girlfriend, Lily?
2. Why does Paul break Annie's dolls and set them on fire?
3. Describe the Leiver family.
4. What is Mr. Morel's reaction to Arthur's birth?
5. Describe the feelings that Paul and Miriam have for each other, and why in "Lad-and-Girl Love".
6. What does the time period of Sons and Lovers tell us about domestic abuse in the novel?
7. Why does Paul pick up his father's paychecks and pay some of the bills?
8. How does Mrs. Morel feel about her baby when it is born?
9. Describe Paul's general appearance and personality.
10. Why doesn't Mrs. Morel get any help from her in-laws?
This section contains 688 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)