|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many relationships has Paul had before Miriam?
2. In the town that the Morels live in, what is the main industry?
3. What is the name of Paul's neighborhood?
(a) The Tops.
(b) The Bottoms.
(c) The Middles.
(d) The Sides.
4. Who gets a job as a clerk in a co-op office?
(c) Mrs. Morel.
(d) Mr. Morel.
5. What is the name of Mrs. Morel's 4th child?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many relationships has Miriam had before Paul?
2. Who occasionally makes Paul feel frustrated?
3. What quality of Miriam's is Paul drawn to?
4. Which family member does Paul most resemble?
5. What does Mrs. Morel ask Mr. Morel to bring to London when William dies?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the relationship between the Morel family and Lily.
2. Why does Paul pick up his father's paychecks and pay some of the bills?
3. Describe Mrs. Morel's reaction to William's death.
4. Why isn't Mrs. Morel happy at the beginning of the book?
5. Describe Paul's general appearance and personality.
6. Why is Paul awarded a job in Nottingham?
7. Why does Mr. Morel blame Mrs. Morel for their fight?
8. Compare Paul and Mrs. Morel.
9. Compare the jobs that Paul and William have to that of Mr. Morel and explain why there is such a difference.
10. What causes Mr. and Mrs. Morel's relationship to recover slightly in "The Casting Off of Morel"?
This section contains 670 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)