|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Paul find at the home he visits in Sheffield?
(a) Mrs. Morel.
(d) Mr. Morel.
2. Where does Baxter work?
(a) Lester Company.
(b) Smith Company.
(c) Dexter Company.
(d) Jordan Company.
3. When Miriam is at her grandmother's home, what does she spend most of her time doing?
4. How old is Paul in the chapter "The Test on Miriam"?
5. Which of the following words best describes Clara's mother?
6. Where do Paul and Miriam consummate their relationship?
(a) The Leiver farm.
(b) Miriam's grandmother's cottage.
(c) Mrs. Morel's home.
(d) Clara's home.
7. How does Mrs. Morel spend her days now that she is very ill?
(a) At the library.
(b) In bed.
(c) Sewing and knitting.
(d) Cooking and cleaning.
8. What does Paul think Mrs. Morel's dead body looks like?
(a) A happy woman.
(b) A sad housewife.
(c) An old lady.
(d) A young girl.
9. When Paul tells Miriam he wants to spend less time with her after discussing marriage for the first time, how does Miriam feel?
10. What place does Paul's work win in the exhibition?
11. Who does Paul begin to spend the most time with at Leiver farm?
(a) Miriam's father.
12. Which of the following words does Paul use to describe Miriam to Clara?
13. Who does Paul take to the Isle of Wight?
(a) Clara and her mother.
(d) Mrs. Morel.
14. What does Paul enter into an exhibition?
(a) A poem.
(b) A short story.
(c) A painting.
(d) A collage.
15. Who gets fired after an altercation?
Short Answer Questions
1. On what day does Clara join Paul's family for tea?
2. In "The Release", which character is put in the hospital?
3. Who does Paul invite to go on a seaside trip in the chapter, "Passion"?
4. Who wakes Paul up the morning after he spends the night at Clara's home?
5. Why does Arthur get married?
This section contains 358 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)