|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character does Paul love completely in the chapter, "Baxter Dawes"?
(b) Mrs. Morel.
2. Why does Miriam believe that Paul wants to spend less time with her after discussing marriage?
(a) Mrs. Morel has influenced Paul.
(b) Paul has fallen in love with somebody else.
(c) Clara has influenced Paul.
(d) Clara has seduced Paul.
3. Where does Baxter work?
(a) Dexter Company.
(b) Lester Company.
(c) Jordan Company.
(d) Smith Company.
4. On what day does Miriam invite both Clara and Paul over to her home?
5. Who does Paul begin to spend the most time with at Leiver farm?
(a) Miriam's father.
6. What is the weather like at Mrs. Morel's burial?
7. What does Mr. Morel do before seeing the dead body of his wife?
(a) Goes to the bar.
(b) Eats dinner.
(c) Watches a sports match.
(d) Makes some phone calls.
8. What distracts Paul at the Sarah Bernhardt performance?
(a) His companion's breathing.
(b) A dress.
(c) A purse.
(d) His companion holding his hand.
9. Why does Miriam go to her grandmother's home to stay for a while?
(a) Her grandmother is sick.
(b) Her grandfather has just died.
(c) Her brothers send her away.
(d) Her parents have found out that she has kissed Paul.
10. When Paul and Miriam are distracted by the village girl, what burns in the oven?
(c) Pot roast.
11. What is Miriam's reaction to Paul's avoiding her?
(a) Miriam thinks Paul is more interested in somebody else.
(b) Miriam doesn't believe that Paul really wants to avoid her.
(c) Miriam thinks Mr. Morel has forebidden them from being together.
(d) Miriam thinks that it's Mrs. Morel's fault.
12. What is causing Mrs. Morel's illness?
(a) An infection.
(b) A mental disorder.
(c) A tumor.
(d) A heart disease.
13. Where does Baxter move?
(a) The United States.
14. What does Arthur do one day when he gets drunk?
(a) Gets married.
(b) Travels to Spain.
(c) Joins the Army.
(d) Gets hit by a train.
15. How much time do Miriam and Paul spend together when Miriam takes care of her grandmother?
(a) 3 days.
(b) 1 week.
(c) 2 weeks.
(d) 1 day.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long has Miriam known Paul in "Passion"?
2. Who does Paul visit in Sheffield?
3. Who does Paul give the money from selling his work at the exhibition?
4. What season is it when Paul decides to see Miriam after turning her down the first time?
5. What unlikely friendship forms in the chapter, "The Release"?
This section contains 415 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)