|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What season is it when Paul decides to see Miriam after turning her down the first time?
2. Why does Paul stop seeing Miriam so much?
(a) He doesn't find her attractive.
(b) He doesn't want to encourage her.
(c) He doesn't want to spend time with somebody he has to teach.
(d) He thinks she deserves somebody better.
3. How does Paul feel toward Clara when he sees her at Miriam's house?
(c) Itensely in love.
4. What does Paul begin to teach Miriam despite the fact that he doesn't want to spend more time with her?
5. What does Paul think Mrs. Morel's dead body looks like?
(a) A happy woman.
(b) An old lady.
(c) A sad housewife.
(d) A young girl.
6. When Paul and Miriam are distracted by the village girl, what burns in the oven?
(b) Pot roast.
7. What does Clara make Paul consider?
(a) That he's right about Miriam.
(b) That Paul should date her.
(c) That he's wrong about Miriam.
(d) That Paul is too good for Miriam.
8. How does Paul view Clara when he initially meets her?
(a) Kind and graceful.
(b) Angry and ugly.
(c) Hostile and attractive.
(d) Conceited and hideous.
9. Who must Paul limit his time with in order to care for Mrs. Morel?
(a) Mr. Morel.
10. What is the name of Arthur's girlfriend?
11. Which character feels sorry for Clara in the chapter "Passion"?
(b) Mrs. Morel.
12. Who is the first to notice Mrs. Morel's health issues?
(d) Mr. Morel.
13. Who gets fired after an altercation?
14. Which character does Paul love completely in the chapter, "Baxter Dawes"?
(a) Mrs. Morel.
15. Which character believes that Paul doesn't fully love her?
(b) Mrs. Morel.
(d) Clara and Miriam.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Morel do before seeing the dead body of his wife?
2. What does Paul put in Mrs. Morel's drink to cause her to die?
3. How does Mrs. Morel feel when Paul says he is going to spend less time with Miriam?
4. Where does Paul's relationship with Clara end?
5. What is the weather like at Mrs. Morel's burial?
This section contains 395 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)