|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Miriam say to Paul about marriage when they visit at her grandmother's cottage?
(a) That she is too young to marry.
(b) That she would rather have a career.
(c) That she wants to marry somebody else.
(d) That she and Paul do not belong together.
2. What does Paul begin to teach Miriam despite the fact that he doesn't want to spend more time with her?
3. Who does Paul give the money from selling his work at the exhibition?
(b) Mrs. Morel.
(c) Mr. Morel.
4. What are Miriam and Paul doing when they kiss for the first time?
(a) Studying Latin.
(b) Going for a walk.
(c) Studying French.
(d) Eating dinner.
5. Where does Baxter work?
(a) Dexter Company.
(b) Lester Company.
(c) Smith Company.
(d) Jordan Company.
6. Who invites Paul to see Sarah Bernhardt?
(c) Mrs. Morel.
(d) Clara's mother.
7. Who does Paul decide to devote more time to in "Passion"?
(c) Mrs. Morel.
(d) Mr. Morel.
8. What does Paul throw at Baxter's face in the chapter, "Baxter Dawes"?
(a) A chair.
(b) A plate of food.
(c) A drink.
(d) A book.
9. What does Paul put in Mrs. Morel's drink to cause her to die?
(c) Spoiled milk.
10. How much time do Miriam and Paul spend together when Miriam takes care of her grandmother?
(a) 2 weeks.
(b) 3 days.
(c) 1 week.
(d) 1 day.
11. What does Clara make Paul consider?
(a) That he's right about Miriam.
(b) That he's wrong about Miriam.
(c) That Paul is too good for Miriam.
(d) That Paul should date her.
12. What does Mr. Morel do before seeing the dead body of his wife?
(a) Goes to the bar.
(b) Eats dinner.
(c) Makes some phone calls.
(d) Watches a sports match.
13. What is Miriam's reaction to Paul's avoiding her?
(a) Miriam thinks Paul is more interested in somebody else.
(b) Miriam thinks that it's Mrs. Morel's fault.
(c) Miriam thinks Mr. Morel has forebidden them from being together.
(d) Miriam doesn't believe that Paul really wants to avoid her.
14. Why does Mrs. Morel approve of Annie's marriage?
(a) Leonard is rich.
(b) Leonard is very devoted to Annie.
(c) Annie is pregnant.
(d) Annie is very devoted to Leonard.
15. What is causing Mrs. Morel's illness?
(a) A tumor.
(b) A mental disorder.
(c) A heart disease.
(d) An infection.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many years older is Clara than Paul?
2. Who beats up Paul in Nottingham?
3. Who is asked to deliver a message to Clara?
4. Who does Paul invite to go on a seaside trip in the chapter, "Passion"?
5. When Arthur becomes a teenager, how does he begin to behave?
This section contains 427 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)