|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Arthur get married?
(a) His girlfriend's family threatens him.
(b) He has always wanted to get married.
(c) His girlfriend is pregnant.
(d) He is worried he will be poor otherwise.
2. What drives Clara away from Paul?
(a) His unwillingness to forget Miriam.
(b) His attachment to Mrs. Morel.
(c) His compassionate nature.
(d) His dark moods.
3. When Miriam is at her grandmother's home, what does she spend most of her time doing?
4. Why is Mrs. Morel cautious of Clara?
(a) Clara is uneducated.
(b) Clara's still married.
(c) Clara has a baby.
(d) Clara's ex-husband is mean.
5. What season is it when Paul decides to see Miriam after turning her down the first time?
6. When Paul and Miriam are distracted by the village girl, what burns in the oven?
(d) Pot roast.
7. What does Paul throw at Baxter's face in the chapter, "Baxter Dawes"?
(a) A drink.
(b) A plate of food.
(c) A chair.
(d) A book.
8. Where does Baxter work?
(a) Dexter Company.
(b) Lester Company.
(c) Smith Company.
(d) Jordan Company.
9. What do Clara and her mother do for a living?
(d) Alter clothing.
10. What does Paul put in Mrs. Morel's drink to cause her to die?
(c) Spoiled milk.
11. What are Miriam and Paul doing when they kiss for the first time?
(a) Studying French.
(b) Eating dinner.
(c) Going for a walk.
(d) Studying Latin.
12. What is causing Mrs. Morel's illness?
(a) A tumor.
(b) A heart disease.
(c) A mental disorder.
(d) An infection.
13. How does Paul feel toward Clara when he sees her at Miriam's house?
(c) Itensely in love.
14. How does Mrs. Morel spend her days now that she is very ill?
(a) In bed.
(b) Cooking and cleaning.
(c) At the library.
(d) Sewing and knitting.
15. How long has Miriam known Paul in "Passion"?
(a) 3 years.
(b) 5 years.
(c) 10 years.
(d) 8 years.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many guineas does Paul's exhibition work sell for?
2. Who beats up Paul in Nottingham?
3. On what day does Clara join Paul's family for tea?
4. How does Paul make money in the chapter "Passion"?
5. What does Miriam believe will happen when Paul leaves her after discussing marriage for the first time?
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)