|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What distracts Paul at the Sarah Bernhardt performance?
(a) A dress.
(b) His companion holding his hand.
(c) A purse.
(d) His companion's breathing.
2. Where do Paul and Miriam consummate their relationship?
(a) The Leiver farm.
(b) Miriam's grandmother's cottage.
(c) Mrs. Morel's home.
(d) Clara's home.
3. Where does Paul often work on his art?
(a) Mrs. Morel's bedroom.
(b) The cemetery.
(c) Clara's home.
(d) Miriam's family's farm.
4. What does Paul begin to teach Miriam despite the fact that he doesn't want to spend more time with her?
5. What does Miriam say to Paul about marriage when they visit at her grandmother's cottage?
(a) That she and Paul do not belong together.
(b) That she would rather have a career.
(c) That she is too young to marry.
(d) That she wants to marry somebody else.
6. How does Mrs. Morel spend her days now that she is very ill?
(a) Cooking and cleaning.
(b) Sewing and knitting.
(c) At the library.
(d) In bed.
7. Who invites Paul to see Sarah Bernhardt?
(b) Mrs. Morel.
(d) Clara's mother.
8. Who gets fired after an altercation?
9. What does Mr. Morel do before seeing the dead body of his wife?
(a) Watches a sports match.
(b) Goes to the bar.
(c) Eats dinner.
(d) Makes some phone calls.
10. What is the name of the village girl who arrives and distracts Paul and Miriam at the Morel home?
11. What happens to Mrs. Morel's health as her life becomes more stressful?
(a) She becomes short of breath often.
(b) She has problems with her throat.
(c) She has a heart attack.
(d) She breaks her leg.
12. How much time do Miriam and Paul spend together when Miriam takes care of her grandmother?
(a) 1 week.
(b) 3 days.
(c) 2 weeks.
(d) 1 day.
13. What place does Paul's work win in the exhibition?
14. Where does Paul's relationship with Clara end?
(a) At Clara's house.
(b) At the Leiver farm.
(c) On a seaside trip.
(d) At Jordan Company.
15. How long has Miriam known Paul in "Passion"?
(a) 3 years.
(b) 5 years.
(c) 10 years.
(d) 8 years.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mrs. Morel feel when Paul says he is going to spend less time with Miriam?
2. What is the weather like at Mrs. Morel's burial?
3. Which of the following words does Paul use to describe Miriam to Clara?
4. What does Clara make Paul consider?
5. How does Paul view Clara when he initially meets her?
This section contains 422 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)