|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following words does Paul use to describe Miriam to Clara?
2. Why did Clara leave her husband?
(a) He didn't make much money.
(b) He was abusive.
(c) He threatened her mother.
(d) He didn't want children and she did.
3. What does Arthur do one day when he gets drunk?
(a) Travels to Spain.
(b) Gets hit by a train.
(c) Joins the Army.
(d) Gets married.
4. Why is Mrs. Morel cautious of Clara?
(a) Clara has a baby.
(b) Clara is uneducated.
(c) Clara's ex-husband is mean.
(d) Clara's still married.
5. Why does Miriam believe that Paul wants to spend less time with her after discussing marriage?
(a) Clara has influenced Paul.
(b) Paul has fallen in love with somebody else.
(c) Mrs. Morel has influenced Paul.
(d) Clara has seduced Paul.
6. How does Paul make money in the chapter "Passion"?
7. What do Clara and her mother do for a living?
(c) Alter clothing.
8. How does Mrs. Morel feel when Paul says he is going to spend less time with Miriam?
9. What does Paul begin to teach Miriam despite the fact that he doesn't want to spend more time with her?
10. Who does Paul begin to spend the most time with at Leiver farm?
(c) Miriam's father.
11. What is the name of the village girl who arrives and distracts Paul and Miriam at the Morel home?
12. What happens to Mrs. Morel's health as her life becomes more stressful?
(a) She becomes short of breath often.
(b) She has problems with her throat.
(c) She has a heart attack.
(d) She breaks her leg.
13. Where do Paul and Miriam consummate their relationship?
(a) Mrs. Morel's home.
(b) Miriam's grandmother's cottage.
(c) Clara's home.
(d) The Leiver farm.
14. How does Clara react to Baxter getting out of the hospital?
(a) She becomes closer to Paul.
(b) She gets pregnant with his child.
(c) She returns to him.
(d) She divorces him.
15. Where does Baxter move?
(a) The United States.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following words best describes Clara's mother?
2. Where does Paul often work on his art?
3. What is Mrs. Morel's nightly drink?
4. In "The Release", which character is put in the hospital?
5. Who does Paul decide to devote more time to in "Passion"?
This section contains 400 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)