|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many guineas does Paul's exhibition work sell for?
2. Why does Paul take Mrs. Morel to the city?
(a) To see a distant cousin.
(b) To shop.
(c) To see Arthur.
(d) To go to a doctor's appointment.
3. Who is the first to notice Mrs. Morel's health issues?
(b) Mr. Morel.
4. Who does Paul visit in Sheffield?
5. What are Miriam and Paul doing when they kiss for the first time?
(a) Studying Latin.
(b) Studying French.
(c) Going for a walk.
(d) Eating dinner.
6. What is the name of the village girl who arrives and distracts Paul and Miriam at the Morel home?
7. Which of the following words does Paul use to describe Miriam to Clara?
8. Where does Paul's relationship with Clara end?
(a) At Jordan Company.
(b) At the Leiver farm.
(c) At Clara's house.
(d) On a seaside trip.
9. How old is Clara?
10. How long has Miriam known Paul in "Passion"?
(a) 5 years.
(b) 10 years.
(c) 3 years.
(d) 8 years.
11. Who wakes Paul up the morning after he spends the night at Clara's home?
(c) Mrs. Morel.
(d) Clara's mother.
12. What place does Paul's work win in the exhibition?
13. What happens to Mrs. Morel's health as her life becomes more stressful?
(a) She has problems with her throat.
(b) She has a heart attack.
(c) She becomes short of breath often.
(d) She breaks her leg.
14. Who does Paul give the money from selling his work at the exhibition?
(a) Mrs. Morel.
(d) Mr. Morel.
15. Who advises Paul to begin carrying a weapon?
(b) Mr. Morel.
(d) Mrs. Morel.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Paul tells Miriam he wants to spend less time with her after discussing marriage for the first time, how does Miriam feel?
2. What is the name of Arthur's girlfriend?
3. How does Clara react to Baxter getting out of the hospital?
4. When Arthur becomes a teenager, how does he begin to behave?
5. What drives Clara away from Paul?
This section contains 362 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)