|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Arthur's girlfriend?
2. Who does Paul find at the home he visits in Sheffield?
(a) Mrs. Morel.
(d) Mr. Morel.
3. How does Paul feel toward Clara when he sees her at Miriam's house?
(c) Itensely in love.
4. What does Miriam say to Paul about marriage when they visit at her grandmother's cottage?
(a) That she would rather have a career.
(b) That she wants to marry somebody else.
(c) That she is too young to marry.
(d) That she and Paul do not belong together.
5. Why does Mrs. Morel approve of Annie's marriage?
(a) Leonard is rich.
(b) Leonard is very devoted to Annie.
(c) Annie is very devoted to Leonard.
(d) Annie is pregnant.
6. What place does Paul's work win in the exhibition?
7. When Miriam is at her grandmother's home, what does she spend most of her time doing?
8. Why does Arthur get married?
(a) His girlfriend is pregnant.
(b) His girlfriend's family threatens him.
(c) He has always wanted to get married.
(d) He is worried he will be poor otherwise.
9. What are Miriam and Paul doing when they kiss for the first time?
(a) Studying Latin.
(b) Going for a walk.
(c) Eating dinner.
(d) Studying French.
10. What drives Clara away from Paul?
(a) His compassionate nature.
(b) His attachment to Mrs. Morel.
(c) His dark moods.
(d) His unwillingness to forget Miriam.
11. What does Arthur do one day when he gets drunk?
(a) Gets hit by a train.
(b) Joins the Army.
(c) Travels to Spain.
(d) Gets married.
12. What hope does Mrs. Morel have for Arthur when she sees how he behaves?
(a) That he will get a job.
(b) That he will get married and start a family.
(c) That he will mature.
(d) That he will never marry.
13. Which character believes that Paul doesn't fully love her?
(a) Mrs. Morel.
(d) Clara and Miriam.
14. Which character feels sorry for Clara in the chapter "Passion"?
(c) Mrs. Morel.
15. What is Miriam's reaction to Paul's avoiding her?
(a) Miriam thinks that it's Mrs. Morel's fault.
(b) Miriam thinks Mr. Morel has forebidden them from being together.
(c) Miriam thinks Paul is more interested in somebody else.
(d) Miriam doesn't believe that Paul really wants to avoid her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Mrs. Morel's health as her life becomes more stressful?
2. What do Clara and her mother do for a living?
3. What is the name of the village girl who arrives and distracts Paul and Miriam at the Morel home?
4. Where does Paul's relationship with Clara end?
5. Who tends to Paul's wounds when he gets beaten up in Nottingham?
This section contains 469 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)