|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Arthur get married?
(a) He is worried he will be poor otherwise.
(b) His girlfriend is pregnant.
(c) His girlfriend's family threatens him.
(d) He has always wanted to get married.
2. What do Clara and her mother do for a living?
(d) Alter clothing.
3. On what day does Miriam invite both Clara and Paul over to her home?
4. Who wakes Paul up the morning after he spends the night at Clara's home?
(a) Clara's mother.
(c) Mrs. Morel.
5. Who is the most upset about Paul staying the night at Clara's home?
(c) Clara's mother.
(d) Mrs. Morel.
6. Which of the following words does Paul use to describe Miriam to Clara?
7. Where does Baxter move?
(c) The United States.
8. Who is the first to notice Mrs. Morel's health issues?
(b) Mr. Morel.
9. Where does Paul's relationship with Clara end?
(a) At Clara's house.
(b) At Jordan Company.
(c) On a seaside trip.
(d) At the Leiver farm.
10. How does Paul view Clara when he initially meets her?
(a) Conceited and hideous.
(b) Kind and graceful.
(c) Angry and ugly.
(d) Hostile and attractive.
11. What does Arthur do one day when he gets drunk?
(a) Gets hit by a train.
(b) Travels to Spain.
(c) Joins the Army.
(d) Gets married.
12. Which character believes that Paul doesn't fully love her?
(b) Clara and Miriam.
(c) Mrs. Morel.
13. Where did Clara once work before she got married?
14. Who does Paul decide to devote more time to in "Passion"?
(a) Mrs. Morel.
(d) Mr. Morel.
15. What is the weather like at Mrs. Morel's burial?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Clara leave her husband?
2. How does Clara react to Baxter getting out of the hospital?
3. What does Clara make Paul consider?
4. Where does Paul often work on his art?
5. What distracts Paul at the Sarah Bernhardt performance?
This section contains 388 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)