|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long is it before Mr. Morel begins to heal?
(a) 1 month.
(b) 1 year.
(c) 1 week.
(d) 1 day.
2. Who actively tries to keep Paul and Miriam apart?
(a) Mr. Morel.
(b) Mrs. Morel.
(d) Miriam's brothers.
3. Where is Mr. Morel when Paul is born?
(a) At church.
(b) At the bar.
(c) At a friend's house.
(d) At work.
4. Who does Mr. Morel blame his altercation with Mrs. Morel on?
(a) Mr. Heaton.
(d) Mrs. Morel.
5. How far into her marriage does Mrs. Morel stop loving her husband?
(a) 6 months.
(b) 3 years.
(c) 5 years.
(d) 1 year.
6. When Paul feels frustrated, who does he avoid?
(c) Mr. Morel.
(d) Mrs. Morel.
7. What is the name of Paul's neighborhood?
(a) The Middles.
(b) The Bottoms.
(c) The Sides.
(d) The Tops.
8. What keeps the family from starving when Mr. Morel is sick?
(a) The children beg for food.
(b) Mrs. Morel gets a job.
(c) A donation from the church.
(d) Help from friends and neighbors.
9. What does Mrs. Morel ask Mr. Morel to bring to London when William dies?
(a) His belongings.
(d) A coffin.
10. What does Mr. Morel throw at his wife's head?
(a) A drawer.
(b) A knife.
(c) A plate.
(d) A lamp.
11. Why doesn't Mrs. Morel accept an apology from Mr. Morel?
(a) She doesn't accept apologies from anybody.
(b) She knows he will behave badly again.
(c) She wants him to feel bad about everything he's done.
(d) She wants to get a divorce.
12. What offends Mrs. Morel about the photograph that William sends her?
(a) His girlfriend's bare shoulders.
(b) His clothing.
(c) His elaborate home.
(d) His expensive shoes.
13. Which word most describes Paul's personality?
14. What is the name of the midwife who delivers Paul?
(a) Mrs. Bower.
(b) Mrs. Owens.
(c) Mrs. Tulley.
(d) Mrs. Smith.
15. What is the last name of the Morel's family friend?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why doesn't Mrs. Morel want to have a third child?
2. What is Annie's job?
3. In the beginning, what year does the novel take place?
4. What type of meetings does Mrs. Morel begin to attend?
5. What does Paul often pick up to help the family's financial problems?
This section contains 380 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)