|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Mr. Pappleworth?
(a) Mr. Morel's boss.
(b) Paul's boss.
(c) Paul's godfather.
(d) A restaurant owner.
2. In what season did Mr. and Mrs. Morel meet?
3. Who gets angry about another character working as a clerk?
(a) Mrs. Morel.
(b) Mr. Morel.
4. Who disapproves of Miriam learning algebra?
(a) Mrs. Morel.
(b) Miriam's father.
(c) Miriam's brothers.
5. Who does Paul seem to be following in the footsteps of in Mrs. Morel's eyes?
(a) Mr. Morel.
(b) Mrs. Morel.
6. What item does Paul exhibit violent behavior on?
(a) His father.
(b) A book.
(c) A doll.
(d) A family pet.
7. What is the name of Mrs. Morel's 4th child?
8. In the beginning, what year does the novel take place?
9. Which of the following is a theme in the novel's second chapter?
(a) The effects of poverty.
(b) The effects of alcoholism on children.
(c) Domestic abuse.
(d) The death of a parent.
10. Where does Mr. Morel begin to spend more time to avoid Mrs. Morel?
(a) The bathroom.
(b) A friend's house.
(d) The pub.
11. How many relationships has Paul had before Miriam?
12. How old is Paul when Mrs. Morel gives birth to another child?
(a) 9 months.
(b) 24 months.
(c) 12 months.
(d) 18 months.
13. Which character is the most proud of William?
(a) William's girlfriend.
(c) Mr. Morel.
(d) Mrs. Morel.
14. Where do the girls that Paul makes friends with work?
(a) Knitting area.
(b) Sewing room.
(d) Reception desk.
15. What do Paul and Annie often present to their mother?
(a) Potatoes and cherries.
(b) Mushrooms and blackberries.
(c) Cabbage and blueberries.
(d) Walnuts and almonds.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the last name of the Morel's family friend?
2. What does Mr. Morel throw at his wife's head?
3. What is the name of William's girlfriend?
4. How far into her marriage does Mrs. Morel stop loving her husband?
5. What family member gets pneumonia after William dies?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)