|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What quality of Miriam's is Paul drawn to?
(d) Her hobbies.
2. What second language does Paul speak?
3. What offends Mrs. Morel about the photograph that William sends her?
(a) His expensive shoes.
(b) His elaborate home.
(c) His clothing.
(d) His girlfriend's bare shoulders.
4. Where does Mr. Morel begin to spend more time to avoid Mrs. Morel?
(a) A friend's house.
(c) The pub.
(d) The bathroom.
5. What is the last name of the Morel's family friend?
6. Who fully supports another character's job as a clerk?
(a) Mrs. Morel.
(b) Mr. Morel.
7. Where do the girls that Paul makes friends with work?
(b) Reception desk.
(c) Sewing room.
(d) Knitting area.
8. What is the name of the midwife who delivers Paul?
(a) Mrs. Bower.
(b) Mrs. Tulley.
(c) Mrs. Owens.
(d) Mrs. Smith.
9. Where does William go when he is offered a job?
(a) A village.
(b) The United States of America.
10. What does Mr. Morel steal money for?
(a) A gift to make Mrs. Morel happy.
(b) A birthday gift.
11. What does Mrs. Morel think about Miriam?
(a) She's unworthy.
(b) She's very intelligent.
(c) She's attractive.
(d) She's indecent.
12. What does Mr. Morel throw at his wife's head?
(a) A knife.
(b) A plate.
(c) A drawer.
(d) A lamp.
13. Which of the following best describes Mr. Morel's demeanor?
14. What family member gets pneumonia after William dies?
(a) Mr. Morel.
(b) Mrs. Morel.
15. Whose mood is Paul closely linked to?
(a) Mr. Morel.
(d) Mrs. Morel.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Paul and Annie often present to their mother?
2. Who is coming to visit the Morel family for the holiday?
3. Which of the following is a theme in the novel's second chapter?
4. Who does Mr. Morel kick out of the house?
5. What is the name of William's sister?
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)