|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Morel ask Mr. Morel to bring to London when William dies?
(a) His belongings.
(c) A coffin.
2. What offends Mrs. Morel about the photograph that William sends her?
(a) His clothing.
(b) His expensive shoes.
(c) His elaborate home.
(d) His girlfriend's bare shoulders.
3. What item does Paul exhibit violent behavior on?
(a) His father.
(b) A book.
(c) A family pet.
(d) A doll.
4. What is Annie's job?
5. Who does Paul seem to be following in the footsteps of in Mrs. Morel's eyes?
(a) Mrs. Morel.
(d) Mr. Morel.
6. What does Mrs. Morel think about Miriam?
(a) She's attractive.
(b) She's unworthy.
(c) She's very intelligent.
(d) She's indecent.
7. Who does Mrs.Morel send Arthur to live with?
(a) Mrs. Morel's mother.
(b) Mrs. Morel's sister.
(c) Mr. Morel's sister.
(d) Mr. Morel's mother.
8. What does Paul often pick up to help the family's financial problems?
(a) Change off the ground.
(b) Tips from tables at a restaurant.
(c) His father's paycheck.
(d) A side job with his father.
9. When the novel begins, how long have the Morels been married?
(a) 5 years.
(b) 8 years.
(c) 20 years.
(d) 3 years.
10. How long is it before Mr. Morel begins to heal?
(a) 1 month.
(b) 1 day.
(c) 1 year.
(d) 1 week.
11. Who disapproves of Miriam learning algebra?
(b) Miriam's father.
(c) Miriam's brothers.
(d) Mrs. Morel.
12. What are the names of the Morel parents?
(a) Shane and Barbara.
(b) Peter and Mary.
(c) Walter and Gertrude.
(d) Luke and Deborah.
13. What does Mr. Morel injure?
14. Who is Miriam most drawn to?
15. How many relationships has Paul had before Miriam?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who occasionally makes Paul feel frustrated?
2. What is the last name of the Morel's family friend?
3. How does the family's visitor arrive in their town?
4. What is Mr. Heaton's relationship to Paul?
5. What keeps the family from starving when Mr. Morel is sick?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)