|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Mr. Morel "defile" William?
(a) He forgets to brush William's teeth.
(b) He lets William run around in his pajamas.
(c) He cuts William's hair.
(d) He lets William drink alcohol.
2. Who occasionally makes Paul feel frustrated?
(c) Mrs. Morel.
3. What is the name of William's sister?
4. What is one thing that Miriam absolutely does not want to be?
(a) A farmer's wife.
(b) A mother.
(c) A teacher.
(d) An employee.
5. What second language does Paul speak?
6. Who gets a job as a clerk in a co-op office?
(b) Mr. Morel.
(d) Mrs. Morel.
7. What does the Thomas Jordan firm manufacture?
(a) Kitchen appliances.
(b) Bathoom appliances.
(c) Surgical appliances.
(d) Business appliances.
8. What offends Mrs. Morel about the photograph that William sends her?
(a) His elaborate home.
(b) His expensive shoes.
(c) His girlfriend's bare shoulders.
(d) His clothing.
9. Who does Paul seem to be following in the footsteps of in Mrs. Morel's eyes?
(a) Mr. Morel.
(c) Mrs. Morel.
10. In what season did Mr. and Mrs. Morel meet?
11. Why does the relationship between Mr. and Mrs. Morel improve when he heals?
(a) Mr. Morel gets a better job.
(b) Mr. Morel stops drinking.
(c) Mrs. Morel begins caring for the children better.
(d) Mrs. Morel stops shopping.
12. What does Mrs. Morel think about Miriam?
(a) She's very intelligent.
(b) She's unworthy.
(c) She's indecent.
(d) She's attractive.
13. What does Paul often pick up to help the family's financial problems?
(a) A side job with his father.
(b) His father's paycheck.
(c) Change off the ground.
(d) Tips from tables at a restaurant.
14. What are the names of the Morel parents?
(a) Walter and Gertrude.
(b) Shane and Barbara.
(c) Peter and Mary.
(d) Luke and Deborah.
15. What type of meetings does Mrs. Morel begin to attend?
(a) Mother's Center.
(b) Women's Guild.
(c) Women's Center.
(d) Mother's Guild.
Short Answer Questions
1. What keeps the family from starving when Mr. Morel is sick?
2. Who is Arthur most like?
3. What is the name of Mrs. Morel's 4th child?
4. What item does Paul exhibit violent behavior on?
5. Who gets angry about another character working as a clerk?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)