|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which family member does Paul most resemble?
(b) Mrs. Morel.
(d) Mr. Morel.
2. In the town that the Morels live in, what is the main industry?
3. What does Mr. Morel injure?
4. What is the name of Paul's neighborhood?
(a) The Tops.
(b) The Sides.
(c) The Bottoms.
(d) The Middles.
5. For what occasion does the Morel family decorate their home?
6. What is Mr. Heaton's relationship to Paul?
7. Who gets angry about another character working as a clerk?
(c) Mrs. Morel.
(d) Mr. Morel.
8. Which of the following is a theme in the novel's second chapter?
(a) Domestic abuse.
(b) The effects of poverty.
(c) The death of a parent.
(d) The effects of alcoholism on children.
9. What is said to have saved Mrs. Morel from depression after William's death?
(a) Paul's illness.
(b) Annie's love life.
(c) Mr. Morel's illness.
(d) Paul's love life.
10. What causes William to die?
(a) Ear infection.
(b) Scarlet fever.
(c) A wound from an animal.
11. How far into her marriage does Mrs. Morel stop loving her husband?
(a) 1 year.
(b) 6 months.
(c) 3 years.
(d) 5 years.
12. Which of the following contributes to the problems the Morels have with money?
(a) Mr. Morel's drinking.
(b) Mrs. Morel's shopping habits.
(c) A recent death in the family.
(d) Mrs. Morel loses her job.
13. What does Mrs. Morel ask Mr. Morel to bring to London when William dies?
(a) A coffin.
(c) His belongings.
14. How many relationships has Paul had before Miriam?
15. Who does Mr. Morel blame his altercation with Mrs. Morel on?
(b) Mr. Heaton.
(d) Mrs. Morel.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is coming to visit the Morel family for the holiday?
2. What is the name of William's sister?
3. What does Mr. Morel steal money for?
4. What keeps the family from starving when Mr. Morel is sick?
5. What does the Thomas Jordan firm manufacture?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)