|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of William's girlfriend?
2. Which of the following contributes to the problems the Morels have with money?
(a) Mrs. Morel loses her job.
(b) A recent death in the family.
(c) Mrs. Morel's shopping habits.
(d) Mr. Morel's drinking.
3. Which of the following best describes Mr. Morel's demeanor?
4. What keeps the family from starving when Mr. Morel is sick?
(a) Help from friends and neighbors.
(b) A donation from the church.
(c) Mrs. Morel gets a job.
(d) The children beg for food.
5. What is the name of the midwife who delivers Paul?
(a) Mrs. Tulley.
(b) Mrs. Bower.
(c) Mrs. Smith.
(d) Mrs. Owens.
6. Where do the girls that Paul makes friends with work?
(a) Reception desk.
(c) Knitting area.
(d) Sewing room.
7. What item does Paul exhibit violent behavior on?
(a) A book.
(b) A family pet.
(c) A doll.
(d) His father.
8. What is one thing that Miriam absolutely does not want to be?
(a) A farmer's wife.
(b) A teacher.
(c) An employee.
(d) A mother.
9. Which word most describes Paul's personality?
10. How many relationships has Miriam had before Paul?
11. Who does Mrs. Morel dote on the least?
(a) Her daughter.
(b) Her youngest son.
(c) Her oldest son.
(d) Her middle son.
12. How many times do the Morels hear from William's fiance after he dies?
(b) Three times.
13. What is the name of Paul's neighborhood?
(a) The Middles.
(b) The Tops.
(c) The Sides.
(d) The Bottoms.
14. What does Paul often pick up to help the family's financial problems?
(a) Change off the ground.
(b) A side job with his father.
(c) His father's paycheck.
(d) Tips from tables at a restaurant.
15. What is Mr. Heaton's relationship to Paul?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the last name of the Morel's family friend?
2. What are the names of the Morel parents?
3. What does the Thomas Jordan firm manufacture?
4. Who is Arthur most like?
5. What is Annie's job?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)