|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why doesn't Mrs. Morel accept an apology from Mr. Morel?
(a) She wants him to feel bad about everything he's done.
(b) She doesn't accept apologies from anybody.
(c) She wants to get a divorce.
(d) She knows he will behave badly again.
2. In what season did Mr. and Mrs. Morel meet?
3. What are the names of the Morel parents?
(a) Peter and Mary.
(b) Luke and Deborah.
(c) Shane and Barbara.
(d) Walter and Gertrude.
4. Who does Paul talk about his work to often?
(a) Mrs. Morel.
(b) Mr. Moral.
(c) Mr. Heaton.
(d) Mr. Pappleworth.
5. Who does Mr. Morel blame his altercation with Mrs. Morel on?
(b) Mr. Heaton.
(d) Mrs. Morel.
6. Who meets the Morel's visitor to help carry their belongings?
(a) Mr. Morel and Paul.
(c) Paul and Annie.
(d) Mrs. Morel.
7. Where is Mr. Morel when Paul is born?
(a) At church.
(b) At the bar.
(c) At work.
(d) At a friend's house.
8. What does Mr. Morel injure?
9. Where do the girls that Paul makes friends with work?
(a) Knitting area.
(b) Reception desk.
(d) Sewing room.
10. Which word most describes Paul's personality?
11. What is the name of William's sister?
12. Who is Mr. Pappleworth?
(a) Paul's godfather.
(b) Mr. Morel's boss.
(c) Paul's boss.
(d) A restaurant owner.
13. Which of the following contributes to the problems the Morels have with money?
(a) Mrs. Morel's shopping habits.
(b) Mrs. Morel loses her job.
(c) A recent death in the family.
(d) Mr. Morel's drinking.
14. What type of meetings does Mrs. Morel begin to attend?
(a) Women's Guild.
(b) Women's Center.
(c) Mother's Center.
(d) Mother's Guild.
15. Why does the relationship between Mr. and Mrs. Morel improve when he heals?
(a) Mrs. Morel begins caring for the children better.
(b) Mr. Morel gets a better job.
(c) Mrs. Morel stops shopping.
(d) Mr. Morel stops drinking.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Arthur most like?
2. What quality of Miriam's is Paul drawn to?
3. What is the name of Paul's neighborhood?
4. What keeps the family from starving when Mr. Morel is sick?
5. Who is Miriam most drawn to?
This section contains 370 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)