|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who fully supports another character's job as a clerk?
(a) Mr. Morel.
(d) Mrs. Morel.
2. What is the name of William's girlfriend?
3. What quality of Miriam's is Paul drawn to?
(c) Her hobbies.
4. What type of meetings does Mrs. Morel begin to attend?
(a) Mother's Guild.
(b) Mother's Center.
(c) Women's Guild.
(d) Women's Center.
5. Where does Mr. Morel begin to spend more time to avoid Mrs. Morel?
(a) A friend's house.
(b) The pub.
(c) The bathroom.
6. What does the Thomas Jordan firm manufacture?
(a) Business appliances.
(b) Kitchen appliances.
(c) Surgical appliances.
(d) Bathoom appliances.
7. For what occasion does the Morel family decorate their home?
8. Why does Mrs. Morel need Mr. Morel to stay?
(a) She still loves him.
(b) She can't support the children.
(c) She doesn't want the social stigma of being alone.
(d) She needs the support of his parents.
9. What item does Paul exhibit violent behavior on?
(a) A doll.
(b) A family pet.
(c) His father.
(d) A book.
10. Who does Paul seem to be following in the footsteps of in Mrs. Morel's eyes?
(b) Mr. Morel.
(d) Mrs. Morel.
11. How many times do the Morels hear from William's fiance after he dies?
(b) Three times.
12. How many relationships has Paul had before Miriam?
13. What is the last name of the Morel's family friend?
14. Around the holiday, what does Mrs. Morel spend a lot of time doing?
(c) Working as a secretary.
15. How old is Paul when Mrs. Morel gives birth to another child?
(a) 12 months.
(b) 18 months.
(c) 24 months.
(d) 9 months.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the novel begins, how long have the Morels been married?
2. Who does Mr. Morel kick out of the house?
3. How does the family's visitor arrive in their town?
4. Which of the following contributes to the problems the Morels have with money?
5. Who is Miriam most drawn to?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)