|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the names of the Morel parents?
(a) Shane and Barbara.
(b) Luke and Deborah.
(c) Peter and Mary.
(d) Walter and Gertrude.
2. How many relationships has Paul had before Miriam?
3. Why doesn't Mrs. Morel accept an apology from Mr. Morel?
(a) She wants him to feel bad about everything he's done.
(b) She knows he will behave badly again.
(c) She doesn't accept apologies from anybody.
(d) She wants to get a divorce.
4. What does Mrs. Morel think about Miriam?
(a) She's unworthy.
(b) She's attractive.
(c) She's very intelligent.
(d) She's indecent.
5. Which of the following is a theme in the novel's second chapter?
(a) The effects of alcoholism on children.
(b) The death of a parent.
(c) Domestic abuse.
(d) The effects of poverty.
6. How far into her marriage does Mrs. Morel stop loving her husband?
(a) 5 years.
(b) 6 months.
(c) 3 years.
(d) 1 year.
7. What is the name of the midwife who delivers Paul?
(a) Mrs. Tulley.
(b) Mrs. Smith.
(c) Mrs. Bower.
(d) Mrs. Owens.
8. What does the Thomas Jordan firm manufacture?
(a) Surgical appliances.
(b) Kitchen appliances.
(c) Business appliances.
(d) Bathoom appliances.
9. What offends Mrs. Morel about the photograph that William sends her?
(a) His expensive shoes.
(b) His elaborate home.
(c) His girlfriend's bare shoulders.
(d) His clothing.
10. What keeps the family from starving when Mr. Morel is sick?
(a) A donation from the church.
(b) Mrs. Morel gets a job.
(c) The children beg for food.
(d) Help from friends and neighbors.
11. Where does Mr. Morel get injured?
12. Why doesn't Mrs. Morel want to have a third child?
(a) She no longer loves her children.
(b) She is afraid of childbirth.
(c) She no longer loves her husband.
(d) She hates pregnancy.
13. What does Mr. Morel injure?
14. Where is Mr. Morel when Paul is born?
(a) At work.
(b) At the bar.
(c) At church.
(d) At a friend's house.
15. How does the family's visitor arrive in their town?
(a) By taxi.
(b) By train.
(c) By car.
(d) By horseback.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of William's sister?
2. Who is coming to visit the Morel family for the holiday?
3. What does Mrs. Morel ask Mr. Morel to bring to London when William dies?
4. What second language does Paul speak?
5. How many relationships has Miriam had before Paul?
This section contains 367 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)