|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Derelict.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Morel think about Miriam?
(a) She's attractive.
(b) She's very intelligent.
(c) She's indecent.
(d) She's unworthy.
2. What does Paul begin to teach Miriam despite the fact that he doesn't want to spend more time with her?
3. What does Miriam say to Paul about marriage when they visit at her grandmother's cottage?
(a) That she wants to marry somebody else.
(b) That she is too young to marry.
(c) That she would rather have a career.
(d) That she and Paul do not belong together.
4. What keeps the family from starving when Mr. Morel is sick?
(a) Mrs. Morel gets a job.
(b) A donation from the church.
(c) Help from friends and neighbors.
(d) The children beg for food.
5. What is the name of Mrs. Morel's 4th child?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Paul give the money from selling his work at the exhibition?
2. When Miriam is at her grandmother's home, what does she spend most of her time doing?
3. When the novel begins, how long have the Morels been married?
4. What does Paul put in Mrs. Morel's drink to cause her to die?
5. What internal battle does Paul struggle with in the chapter, "Derelict"?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)