|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Derelict.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Paul and Miriam are distracted by the village girl, what burns in the oven?
(d) Pot roast.
2. What does Miriam say to Paul about marriage when they visit at her grandmother's cottage?
(a) That she would rather have a career.
(b) That she is too young to marry.
(c) That she and Paul do not belong together.
(d) That she wants to marry somebody else.
3. When Paul goes to the chapel in "Derelict", who does he hope to see?
(b) Mrs. Morel.
4. Who does Paul invite to go on a seaside trip in the chapter, "Passion"?
(a) Mrs. Morel.
(c) Miriam and her family.
(d) Clara and her mother.
5. What does Paul enter into an exhibition?
(a) A short story.
(b) A painting.
(c) A poem.
(d) A collage.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many relationships has Paul had before Miriam?
2. What internal battle does Paul struggle with in the chapter, "Derelict"?
3. In what season does Paul begin to walk again?
4. What is said to have saved Mrs. Morel from depression after William's death?
5. Which of his children does Mr. Morel bond with the most?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)