|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Clara.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is a theme in the novel's second chapter?
(a) Domestic abuse.
(b) The effects of alcoholism on children.
(c) The death of a parent.
(d) The effects of poverty.
2. Which character is the most proud of William?
(b) Mrs. Morel.
(c) William's girlfriend.
(d) Mr. Morel.
3. What are the names of the Morel parents?
(a) Walter and Gertrude.
(b) Shane and Barbara.
(c) Luke and Deborah.
(d) Peter and Mary.
4. Who is Miriam most drawn to?
5. What is the name of the midwife who delivers Paul?
(a) Mrs. Bower.
(b) Mrs. Owens.
(c) Mrs. Smith.
(d) Mrs. Tulley.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who disapproves of Miriam learning algebra?
2. Where do the girls that Paul makes friends with work?
3. What causes William to die?
4. In what season did Mr. and Mrs. Morel meet?
5. Around the holiday, what does Mrs. Morel spend a lot of time doing?
This section contains 170 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)