|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Death in the Family.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mrs. Morel need Mr. Morel to stay?
(a) She needs the support of his parents.
(b) She can't support the children.
(c) She doesn't want the social stigma of being alone.
(d) She still loves him.
2. In the beginning, what year does the novel take place?
3. What are the names of the Morel parents?
(a) Shane and Barbara.
(b) Walter and Gertrude.
(c) Luke and Deborah.
(d) Peter and Mary.
4. Why does the relationship between Mr. and Mrs. Morel improve when he heals?
(a) Mr. Morel stops drinking.
(b) Mrs. Morel begins caring for the children better.
(c) Mr. Morel gets a better job.
(d) Mrs. Morel stops shopping.
5. Who is Mr. Pappleworth?
(a) Paul's boss.
(b) A restaurant owner.
(c) Paul's godfather.
(d) Mr. Morel's boss.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Annie's job?
2. Which of the following is a theme in the novel's second chapter?
3. What does Mr. Morel steal money for?
4. Which character is the most proud of William?
5. Who gets angry about another character working as a clerk?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)