|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Death in the Family.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who fully supports another character's job as a clerk?
(a) Mr. Morel.
(b) Mrs. Morel.
2. Why does the relationship between Mr. and Mrs. Morel improve when he heals?
(a) Mr. Morel stops drinking.
(b) Mrs. Morel begins caring for the children better.
(c) Mrs. Morel stops shopping.
(d) Mr. Morel gets a better job.
3. How far into her marriage does Mrs. Morel stop loving her husband?
(a) 6 months.
(b) 1 year.
(c) 5 years.
(d) 3 years.
4. What item does Paul exhibit violent behavior on?
(a) A book.
(b) His father.
(c) A doll.
(d) A family pet.
5. How does Mr. Morel "defile" William?
(a) He lets William drink alcohol.
(b) He forgets to brush William's teeth.
(c) He cuts William's hair.
(d) He lets William run around in his pajamas.
Short Answer Questions
1. What family member gets pneumonia after William dies?
2. How does Mrs. Morel find out that William is sick?
3. In what season did Mr. and Mrs. Morel meet?
4. How many times do the Morels hear from William's fiance after he dies?
5. Which of the following is a theme in the novel's second chapter?
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)