|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Death in the Family.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the family's visitor arrive in their town?
(a) By horseback.
(b) By car.
(c) By train.
(d) By taxi.
2. Why does the relationship between Mr. and Mrs. Morel improve when he heals?
(a) Mrs. Morel begins caring for the children better.
(b) Mr. Morel gets a better job.
(c) Mrs. Morel stops shopping.
(d) Mr. Morel stops drinking.
3. What does Mrs. Morel ask Mr. Morel to bring to London when William dies?
(c) A coffin.
(d) His belongings.
4. Who gets a job as a clerk in a co-op office?
(a) Mrs. Morel.
(d) Mr. Morel.
5. What family member gets pneumonia after William dies?
(b) Mr. Morel.
(c) Mrs. Morel.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the novel begins, how long have the Morels been married?
2. Who meets the Morel's visitor to help carry their belongings?
3. Which character is the most proud of William?
4. Who fully supports another character's job as a clerk?
5. From where does Mr. Morel steal money?
This section contains 187 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)