|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Young Life of Paul.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which word most describes Paul's personality?
2. Who does Mr. Morel blame his altercation with Mrs. Morel on?
(a) Mr. Heaton.
(b) Mrs. Morel.
3. What are the names of the Morel parents?
(a) Luke and Deborah.
(b) Walter and Gertrude.
(c) Shane and Barbara.
(d) Peter and Mary.
4. Where is Mr. Morel when Paul is born?
(a) At work.
(b) At a friend's house.
(c) At the bar.
(d) At church.
5. Why doesn't Mrs. Morel want to have a third child?
(a) She no longer loves her husband.
(b) She no longer loves her children.
(c) She hates pregnancy.
(d) She is afraid of childbirth.
Short Answer Questions
1. What keeps the family from starving when Mr. Morel is sick?
2. Who gets angry about another character working as a clerk?
3. What is Mr. Heaton's relationship to Paul?
4. In the beginning, what year does the novel take place?
5. Which of the following is a theme in the novel's second chapter?
This section contains 193 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)