|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Young Life of Paul.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why doesn't Mrs. Morel accept an apology from Mr. Morel?
(a) She wants him to feel bad about everything he's done.
(b) She doesn't accept apologies from anybody.
(c) She wants to get a divorce.
(d) She knows he will behave badly again.
2. What is the name of Paul's neighborhood?
(a) The Middles.
(b) The Tops.
(c) The Sides.
(d) The Bottoms.
3. Where does Mr. Morel begin to spend more time to avoid Mrs. Morel?
(a) A friend's house.
(b) The bathroom.
(c) The pub.
4. Which of the following is a theme in the novel's second chapter?
(a) The effects of poverty.
(b) Domestic abuse.
(c) The death of a parent.
(d) The effects of alcoholism on children.
5. Why doesn't Mrs. Morel want to have a third child?
(a) She no longer loves her children.
(b) She is afraid of childbirth.
(c) She hates pregnancy.
(d) She no longer loves her husband.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what occasion does the Morel family decorate their home?
2. Why does the relationship between Mr. and Mrs. Morel improve when he heals?
3. What does Mr. Morel throw at his wife's head?
4. Who does Mr. Morel blame his altercation with Mrs. Morel on?
5. How far into her marriage does Mrs. Morel stop loving her husband?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)