|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Young Life of Paul.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How far into her marriage does Mrs. Morel stop loving her husband?
(a) 1 year.
(b) 3 years.
(c) 5 years.
(d) 6 months.
2. How does Mr. Morel "defile" William?
(a) He lets William drink alcohol.
(b) He lets William run around in his pajamas.
(c) He cuts William's hair.
(d) He forgets to brush William's teeth.
3. Who does Mr. Morel blame his altercation with Mrs. Morel on?
(c) Mrs. Morel.
(d) Mr. Heaton.
4. When the novel begins, how long have the Morels been married?
(a) 8 years.
(b) 20 years.
(c) 5 years.
(d) 3 years.
5. Which of the following is a theme in the novel's second chapter?
(a) The effects of alcoholism on children.
(b) The effects of poverty.
(c) The death of a parent.
(d) Domestic abuse.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the beginning, what year does the novel take place?
2. Where is Mr. Morel when Paul is born?
3. Which of his children does Mr. Morel bond with the most?
4. Who does Mr. Morel kick out of the house?
5. For what occasion does the Morel family decorate their home?
This section contains 184 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)