|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Casting off of Morel - The Taking on of William.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Mrs. Morel's 4th child?
2. Why does the relationship between Mr. and Mrs. Morel improve when he heals?
(a) Mrs. Morel begins caring for the children better.
(b) Mr. Morel stops drinking.
(c) Mr. Morel gets a better job.
(d) Mrs. Morel stops shopping.
3. How does Mr. Morel "defile" William?
(a) He lets William run around in his pajamas.
(b) He forgets to brush William's teeth.
(c) He cuts William's hair.
(d) He lets William drink alcohol.
4. Why doesn't Mrs. Morel want to have a third child?
(a) She no longer loves her husband.
(b) She is afraid of childbirth.
(c) She no longer loves her children.
(d) She hates pregnancy.
5. Who does Mr. Morel kick out of the house?
(c) Mrs. Morel.
(d) A family friend.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the names of the Morel parents?
2. In the beginning, what year does the novel take place?
3. Why doesn't Mrs. Morel accept an apology from Mr. Morel?
4. Who does Mr. Morel blame his altercation with Mrs. Morel on?
5. What does Mr. Morel steal money for?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)