|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Casting off of Morel - The Taking on of William.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Mr. Heaton's relationship to Paul?
2. Which of the following is a theme in the novel's second chapter?
(a) Domestic abuse.
(b) The effects of alcoholism on children.
(c) The death of a parent.
(d) The effects of poverty.
3. Who does Mr. Morel blame his altercation with Mrs. Morel on?
(a) Mr. Heaton.
(c) Mrs. Morel.
4. Who gets a job as a clerk in a co-op office?
(a) Mrs. Morel.
(d) Mr. Morel.
5. How does Mr. Morel "defile" William?
(a) He cuts William's hair.
(b) He lets William run around in his pajamas.
(c) He forgets to brush William's teeth.
(d) He lets William drink alcohol.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mr. Heaton's occupation?
2. Which of the following contributes to the problems the Morels have with money?
3. Where is Mr. Morel when Paul is born?
4. What does Mr. Morel steal money for?
5. How far into her marriage does Mrs. Morel stop loving her husband?
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)