|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Baxter Dawes.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What keeps the family from starving when Mr. Morel is sick?
(a) Mrs. Morel gets a job.
(b) A donation from the church.
(c) The children beg for food.
(d) Help from friends and neighbors.
2. Who does Paul find at the home he visits in Sheffield?
(b) Mr. Morel.
(c) Mrs. Morel.
3. What is one thing that Miriam absolutely does not want to be?
(a) A mother.
(b) An employee.
(c) A teacher.
(d) A farmer's wife.
4. How does the family's visitor arrive in their town?
(a) By car.
(b) By horseback.
(c) By train.
(d) By taxi.
5. On what day does Miriam invite both Clara and Paul over to her home?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Paul feel toward Clara when he sees her at Miriam's house?
2. How old is Paul when Mrs. Morel gives birth to another child?
3. What does Mrs. Morel think about Miriam?
4. Which of the following words does Paul use to describe Miriam to Clara?
5. Why does Paul stop seeing Miriam so much?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)