|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Baxter Dawes.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the beginning, what year does the novel take place?
2. What happens to Mrs. Morel's health as her life becomes more stressful?
(a) She has a heart attack.
(b) She has problems with her throat.
(c) She becomes short of breath often.
(d) She breaks her leg.
3. Why does Miriam go to her grandmother's home to stay for a while?
(a) Her grandfather has just died.
(b) Her brothers send her away.
(c) Her grandmother is sick.
(d) Her parents have found out that she has kissed Paul.
4. Who is the first to notice Mrs. Morel's health issues?
(b) Mr. Morel.
5. What is the name of the village girl who arrives and distracts Paul and Miriam at the Morel home?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Paul take Mrs. Morel to the city?
2. Why does Mrs. Morel need Mr. Morel to stay?
3. What quality of Miriam's is Paul drawn to?
4. Who gets angry about another character working as a clerk?
5. What type of meetings does Mrs. Morel begin to attend?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)