|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Baxter Dawes.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Paul find at the home he visits in Sheffield?
(b) Mr. Morel.
(c) Mrs. Morel.
2. What is the name of the midwife who delivers Paul?
(a) Mrs. Bower.
(b) Mrs. Tulley.
(c) Mrs. Owens.
(d) Mrs. Smith.
3. Why does Paul take Mrs. Morel to the city?
(a) To go to a doctor's appointment.
(b) To see Arthur.
(c) To see a distant cousin.
(d) To shop.
4. Why does Miriam believe that Paul wants to spend less time with her after discussing marriage?
(a) Clara has seduced Paul.
(b) Clara has influenced Paul.
(c) Paul has fallen in love with somebody else.
(d) Mrs. Morel has influenced Paul.
5. Why doesn't Mrs. Morel accept an apology from Mr. Morel?
(a) She wants to get a divorce.
(b) She knows he will behave badly again.
(c) She wants him to feel bad about everything he's done.
(d) She doesn't accept apologies from anybody.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Morel injure?
2. What keeps the family from starving when Mr. Morel is sick?
3. In the beginning, what year does the novel take place?
4. Which of the following contributes to the problems the Morels have with money?
5. What does Mrs. Morel think about Miriam?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)