|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Defeat of Miriam.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Paul break up with Miriam?
(a) He tells her on the phone.
(b) He sends her a letter.
(c) He tells Clara to do it for him.
(d) He talks to her face to face.
2. How many relationships has Miriam had before Paul?
3. Which of the following is a theme in the novel's second chapter?
(a) The effects of alcoholism on children.
(b) The death of a parent.
(c) Domestic abuse.
(d) The effects of poverty.
4. Which of the following best describes Mr. Morel's demeanor?
5. In what season does Paul begin to walk again?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Morel injure?
2. What item does Paul exhibit violent behavior on?
3. Where do the girls that Paul makes friends with work?
4. Who does Mr. Morel blame his altercation with Mrs. Morel on?
5. Who actively tries to keep Paul and Miriam apart?
This section contains 172 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)