|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Defeat of Miriam.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is a theme in the novel's second chapter?
(a) Domestic abuse.
(b) The effects of poverty.
(c) The death of a parent.
(d) The effects of alcoholism on children.
2. What does Mr. Morel injure?
3. Why doesn't Mrs. Morel accept an apology from Mr. Morel?
(a) She knows he will behave badly again.
(b) She wants him to feel bad about everything he's done.
(c) She wants to get a divorce.
(d) She doesn't accept apologies from anybody.
4. What is Mr. Heaton's occupation?
(d) Business owner.
5. Who occasionally makes Paul feel frustrated?
(c) Mrs. Morel.
Short Answer Questions
1. On what day does Miriam invite both Clara and Paul over to her home?
2. Whose mood is Paul closely linked to?
3. From where does Mr. Morel steal money?
4. What offends Mrs. Morel about the photograph that William sends her?
5. What does Paul teach Miriam first?
This section contains 181 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)