The Early Married Life of the Morels
• Mrs. Morel has been married for 8 years but has only been happy for 6 months.
• Mrs. Morel is pregnant with her third child and is not happy about it.
• Mr. Morel is an alcoholic and in a drunken state, locks Mrs. Morel out of the house for a while.
The Birth of Paul and Another Battle
• Mr. Morel tries to apologize to Mrs. Morel for locking her out of the house but she does not accept it.
• Mrs. Morel gives birth to Paul and vows to make it up to him for not wanting him in the first place.
• Mrs. Morel finds friendship only in Mr. Heaton, the minister and Paul's godfather.
• Mr. Morel has stolen money from Mrs. Morel's purse so that he can drink.
The Casting off of Morel - The Taking on of William
• Mr. Morel becomes ill and...
This section contains 1,199 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)