|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To where do Macon and Pilate escape instead of staying in their hiding place?
(a) To the city
(b) To their home
(c) To the woods
(d) To an old barn
2. What is Guitar drinking?
(a) Gin and tonic
(b) Nothing alcoholic
3. What is the name of the organization of which Guitar is a part?
(a) The Seven Days
(b) The Blacks Over the Whites
(c) The Seven Men
(d) The Weekly Warriors
4. Where does Empire State like to hang out?
(a) The railroad tracks
(b) The two Tommys' barbershop
5. Who does Macon talk about in order to distract Milkman from his other questions?
(b) The First Macon Dead
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Milkman mention that causes Macon to become excited?
2. What is Guitar's advice to Milkman regarding his father?
3. Who scares Macon away from the cave and hinders him from leaving with the item in #82?
4. Who prevented Macon from attempting to miscarry Milkman when he was in the womb?
5. Where does Milkman find Guitar?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the legend of Milkman's great grandfather?
2. What does Circe reveal about Macon that Milkman does not already know?
3. Why is Guitar having troubles with his assignment with The Seven Days?
4. Why does Milkman receive a much different reception when he enters the General Store the second time?
5. What makes Macon excited as Milkman is arguing his point in #25?
6. What is the dream the Milkman has once Guitar leaves?
7. Which of the children actually enjoy the ritual in which the Dead family takes part on Sunday afternoons?
8. What is the date of the beginning of the novel?
9. What does First Corinthians' job mean to her?
10. What is Milkman's reaction to the message he receives at the General Store?
This section contains 588 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)