|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Guitar and Milkman go to get a drink?
(a) Leo's Lounge
(b) Mary's Bar
(c) Terry's Bar
(d) Andrew's Inn
2. What is so special about the item in #74?
(a) It contains gold
(b) It is the resting place of his father
(c) It contains a map
(d) It has a treasure in the back
3. What is Hagar's relationship to Milkman?
4. What is another name for the hospital in the story?
(a) Far From Helpful Hospital
(b) No Mercy Hospital
(c) No Name Hospital
(d) No Blacks Allowed
5. What does Milkman realize as Hagar tries to kill him and fails?
(a) That she cannot kill him
(b) That she is only teasing
(c) That she is insane
(d) That she is blind
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Milkman's job as he works with his father?
2. Macon discovers Ruth naked in the bed next to her father's dead body. What is she doing?
3. Who does Milkman's best friend goad Milkman into visiting?
4. Who is shocked about the news that Hagar wants to kill Milkman?
5. What is Milkman's aunt doing when he comes up to her house?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who are the women that sing together that have such beautiful voices?
2. What is the result of Robert Smith's 'flight' from the top of Mercy Hospital?
3. Why does Milkman decide to travel to Danville?
4. What is the explanation that Susan Byrd gives for her behavior the previous time that Milkman visited?
5. What happened to Sing according to Susan?
6. What does Ruth tell her son about her own relationship with her father?
7. Why does Guitar leave Milkman alone, even though Guitar is certain Hagar is coming to kill him?
8. How does Milkman get to Shalimar?
9. What is Susan's response to Milkman's questions about his grandmother, Sing?
10. How does Milkman break up with Hagar?
This section contains 582 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)