|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What helps Hagar escape the trance?
(a) A mirror
(b) A song
(c) A glass of wine
(d) A slap across the face
2. When does Guitar want to steal from Pilate?
(a) He doesn't
(b) In the morning
(c) In the middle of the night
(d) After dinner
3. Who is Jake's actual mother?
4. Where is Milkman headed when he runs into Guitar?
5. What do the older men in town want Milkman to do?
(a) Go hunting
(b) Move in
(c) Find a treasure
(d) Give them money
6. What does Guitar think Milkman has done?
(a) Lied about his past
(b) Told the police about his organization
(c) Told someone about The Seven Days
(d) Cheated him out of his share of the gold
7. What shocks Pilate and Reba?
(a) Hagar's appearance
(b) The price of Hagar's spree
(c) Hagar's hairstyle
(d) Hagar's new attitude
8. According to the hunting men, who is related to Sing, Milkman's grandmother?
(a) Marguerite Jones
(b) Grace Foster
(d) Susan Byrd
9. Why can't Rev. Cooper take Milkman where he wants to go?
(a) He can't ride with blacks
(b) He doesn't know how to get there
(c) His car is in the shop
(d) He doesn't want to
10. Who is the subject of the song that the children are singing?
11. Who is the one that breaks Hagar out of her trance when she is standing over Milkman with the knife?
12. Who is crying because Solomon leaves?
13. Why is First Corinthians embarrassed to be seen with her new lover?
(a) He is dirty
(b) He is a common laborer
(c) He is not nice
(d) He is a friend of the family
14. What does Milkman leave behind?
(a) His money
(b) His green bag
(c) His car
(d) His suitcase
15. What is the job that the answer to #97 gets?
Short Answer Questions
1. What allows Milkman to find the little town?
2. To where does Milkman return?
3. How many black children are killed at the start of this chapter?
4. What does the person in #110 tell Milkman?
5. When are these children killed?
This section contains 377 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)