|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Milkman use to fight off the other man?
(a) A gun
(b) His wits
(c) A knife
(d) A broken bottle
2. Why does Guitar warn Milkman about his impending death?
(a) He was told to
(b) He doesn't really know why
(c) He thinks they are still friends
(d) He likes to tease his victims
3. When does Guitar want to steal from Pilate?
(a) In the middle of the night
(b) After dinner
(c) In the morning
(d) He doesn't
4. How many black children are killed at the start of this chapter?
5. Who is considered to be a dead end at the beginning of the chapter?
(a) Susan Byrd
(b) Grace Long
6. What helps Hagar escape the trance?
(a) A glass of wine
(b) A mirror
(c) A song
(d) A slap across the face
7. According to the hunting men, who is related to Sing, Milkman's grandmother?
(a) Grace Foster
(c) Susan Byrd
(d) Marguerite Jones
8. With whom does First Corinthians start a relationship?
9. What do the older men in town want Milkman to do?
(a) Give them money
(b) Find a treasure
(c) Move in
(d) Go hunting
10. What is the job that the answer to #97 gets?
11. Who do the hunting men say that Milkman should visit?
12. Who is the only family member who visibly shows up at the funeral in this chapter?
13. To where did Sing, Jake and Milkman's father travel?
14. To where does Milkman decide to drive?
15. Where is Guitar waiting for Milkman?
(a) In the yard
(b) At Circe's
(c) On the road
(d) At Sweet's
Short Answer Questions
1. What causes Hagar's eventual death?
2. What was First Corinthians' previous job?
3. How old is First Corinthians at this time?
4. What helps Milkman find his way in the cave?
5. Who gets a job at the start of this chapter?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)