|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Macon discovers Ruth naked in the bed next to her father's dead body. What is she doing?
(d) Sucking his fingers
2. What is Guitar's advice to Milkman regarding his father?
(a) Forget about it
(c) His father is just an idiot
(d) Kill him
3. What do Macon and Pilate find as they try to bury the man who is killed?
(a) A bottle of liquor
(b) A green sack with 3 pieces of gold in it
(c) A book
4. Where do Guitar and Milkman go to get a drink?
(a) Mary's Bar
(b) Terry's Bar
(c) Leo's Lounge
(d) Andrew's Inn
5. Who is the one person for whom Milkman does not buy a Christmas present?
6. Which of these is not one of the rules of Guitar's organization?
(a) No smoking
(b) No drinking
(c) No sex
(d) No late nights
7. What is Hagar's relationship to Milkman?
8. What kind of car does the Dead family own?
(d) They don't own a car
9. Where is the green bag hanging?
(a) Pilate's house
(b) In the wine cellar
(c) In the cave
(d) On the porch
10. What is Guitar drinking?
(a) Gin and tonic
(d) Nothing alcoholic
11. What is Robert Smith's profession?
(d) Insurance agent
12. For how long does Milkman want to leave town?
(a) A month
(b) A week
(c) A year
(d) A decade
13. Why does Milkman do things to be unlike his father?
(a) Because he wants to irritate Macon
(b) So he can have fun
(c) Guitar tells him to
(d) No real reason
14. When is Hagar thought to be planning to kill Milkman?
(a) In a month
(b) That night
(c) In a week
(d) The next day
15. What does Macon want to buy and rent to black professionals?
(a) Summer homes
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Milkman's aunt doing when he comes up to her house?
2. What is the name of the midwife who delivers Macon and Pilate?
3. What is Milkman's job as he works with his father?
4. Who is thought to have killed the white boy?
5. Who is one of the members of this organization that eventually cannot not take it?
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)