Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Pilate do for a living?
(a) Works as a maid
(b) Is a midwife
(c) Makes and sells wine
2. To where do Macon and Pilate escape instead of staying in their hiding place?
(a) To their home
(b) To an old barn
(c) To the city
(d) To the woods
3. Where is the person in #2 trying to fly?
(a) Lake Erie
(b) New York
(c) Lake Superior
4. What does Milkman mention that causes Macon to become excited?
(a) A green sack
(b) A car
(c) A book
(d) A city
5. What does Hagar bring as the murder weapon for Milkman's murder?
(a) A huge butcher's knife
(b) A hammer
6. What does Macon reveal about Ruth's relationship with her father?
(a) It seemed to be incestuous
(b) It was abusive
(c) She killed him
(d) It was not very close
7. What did Milkman's mother say she was wearing when she was kneeling next to her dead father?
(b) A suit
(c) A slip
(d) A dress
8. Who does Pilate tell Ruth she believes will save Milkman's life one day?
(a) A reverend
(b) A baby
(c) A woman
(d) A man
9. Who scares Macon away from the cave and hinders him from leaving with the item in #82?
(b) A group of hunters
10. What does Macon Dead do for work?
(c) Real estate agent
(d) Insurance agent
11. How does Milkman get to see his best friend?
(b) When they skip school together
(c) Late at night
(d) Early in the morning
12. What do Macon and Pilate find as they try to bury the man who is killed?
(a) A book
(b) A green sack with 3 pieces of gold in it
(d) A bottle of liquor
13. Who walks into the rental office as Milkman is finishing up work?
14. What is another name for the hospital in the story?
(a) No Mercy Hospital
(b) Far From Helpful Hospital
(c) No Blacks Allowed
(d) No Name Hospital
15. Are Ruth and Milkman's sisters happy with him for beating up on his father?
(a) His sisters are, but Ruth isn't
(c) Ruth is, but his sisters aren't
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Milkman's job as he works with his father?
2. Where are Guitar and Milkman at the beginning of this chapter?
3. Why does Milkman do things to be unlike his father?
4. Regarding Hagar: The fact that she is so _____ to sleep with robs Milkman of the pleasure that should come with sex.
5. Macon discovers Ruth naked in the bed next to her father's dead body. What is she doing?
This section contains 438 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)