|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Milkman get to see his best friend?
(a) Late at night
(b) When they skip school together
(d) Early in the morning
2. What did Ruth hope she and Milkman would have?
(a) A special bond
(b) No relationship at all
(c) A house together
(d) Their own room
3. Where does Hagar hit Milkman?
4. Which of these women does not sing in the group when Milkman visits?
5. What is Robert Smith's profession?
(b) Insurance agent
6. Where does Milkman go to hide from Hagar?
(b) The rental office
7. When does the Dead family take its weekly drives?
8. Which of these names does not belong in the Dead family?
(d) First Corinthians
9. What does Macon Dead do for work?
(a) Insurance agent
(d) Real estate agent
10. Who does Macon talk about in order to distract Milkman from his other questions?
(b) The First Macon Dead
11. Who is thought to have killed the white boy?
(c) Empire State
12. What does Hagar want to do in response to Milkman's breakup?
(a) Move away
(b) Kill him
(c) Find a new man
13. What is another name for the hospital in the story?
(a) No Mercy Hospital
(b) No Blacks Allowed
(c) Far From Helpful Hospital
(d) No Name Hospital
14. What does Guitar think all white people are? ______ waiting to happen.
15. Macon discovers Ruth naked in the bed next to her father's dead body. What is she doing?
(b) Sucking his fingers
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Freddie think is helping the murderer in #43?
2. Who is the person that comes up with the nickname Milkman?
3. Where are Guitar and Milkman at the beginning of this chapter?
4. What does Milkman realize as Hagar tries to kill him and fails?
5. What is the date at the beginning of this story?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)