|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who picks up a rock and kills the white man where Macon and Pilate decide to sleep?
2. How old is Milkman's best friend when they are first said to be friends?
3. Where do Guitar and Milkman go to get a drink?
(a) Leo's Lounge
(b) Andrew's Inn
(c) Terry's Bar
(d) Mary's Bar
4. What is another name for the hospital in the story?
(a) Far From Helpful Hospital
(b) No Blacks Allowed
(c) No Name Hospital
(d) No Mercy Hospital
5. Where is the person in #2 trying to fly?
(a) Lake Superior
(b) Lake Erie
(c) New York
6. To where do Macon and Pilate escape instead of staying in their hiding place?
(a) To an old barn
(b) To the city
(c) To the woods
(d) To their home
7. What does Milkman throw his father into?
(a) The wall
(b) A bush
(c) A radiator
(d) A cellar
8. Why does Milkman do things to be unlike his father?
(a) Because he wants to irritate Macon
(b) Guitar tells him to
(c) No real reason
(d) So he can have fun
9. Where does Macon say he will meet later with Milkman?
(a) At the bank
(b) In the car
(c) At a park
(d) At the barbershop
10. What does Pilate do for a living?
(a) Works as a maid
(b) Makes and sells wine
(d) Is a midwife
11. How does Milkman describe his relationship with Hagar?
(d) Not fulfilling
12. Regarding Hagar: The fact that she is so _____ to sleep with robs Milkman of the pleasure that should come with sex.
13. Who is the drunk and crazy tenant that waves around a shotgun and a wad of cash?
14. When does the Dead family take its weekly drives?
15. Which of these is not one of the rules of Guitar's organization?
(a) No drinking
(b) No sex
(c) No late nights
(d) No smoking
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is trying to fly at the start of the novel?
2. Which of these names does not belong in the Dead family?
3. Where are Guitar and Milkman at the beginning of this chapter?
4. What is Guitar's advice to Milkman regarding his father?
5. How old is Milkman when he is out buying Christmas presents for everyone?
This section contains 380 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)