|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Freddie think is helping the murderer in #43?
(a) Empire State
2. What is Hagar's relationship to Milkman?
3. Who is one of the members of this organization that eventually cannot not take it?
(a) Robert Smith
4. What does Milkman throw his father into?
(a) A radiator
(b) A cellar
(c) The wall
(d) A bush
5. When does the Dead family take its weekly drives?
6. What does Milkman realize Guitar is?
(a) A racist
(b) A vigilante
(c) A killer
(d) A hero
7. Does Macon explain why he doesn't want Milkman to visit his aunt?
(a) Sort of
(d) Yes, and he beats him as punishment
8. From whom do Macon and Pilate try to hide?
(a) A group of white men
(b) A police officer
(c) Their mother
(d) Another child
9. The purpose of Guitar's organization is to kill _______ white person(s) for each black person that is killed at the hands of a white person
10. What is Guitar's advice to Milkman regarding his father?
(a) Kill him
(c) Forget about it
(d) His father is just an idiot
11. Who is trying to fly at the start of the novel?
(b) Robert Smith
12. Which of Milkman's legs is shorter than the other?
(a) It's his left arm that is shorter, not his leg.
(b) Neither is shorter
13. Which of these names does not belong in the Dead family?
(c) First Corinthians
14. How old is Milkman's best friend when they are first said to be friends?
15. How old is Milkman when he is out buying Christmas presents for everyone?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Milkman's mother say she was wearing when she was kneeling next to her dead father?
2. What must Milkman promise in order to find out more from Guitar?
3. What did Pilate use to protect Ruth and her unborn son?
4. To where do Macon and Pilate escape instead of staying in their hiding place?
5. What do Macon and Pilate find as they try to bury the man who is killed?
This section contains 381 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)