|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Macon do to keep Milkman out of trouble?
(a) Lets him do whatever he wants
(b) Sends him away
(c) Grounds him
(d) Offers to teach him the business
2. What does Guitar think all white people are? ______ waiting to happen.
3. What kind of car does the Dead family own?
(a) They don't own a car
4. Who does Freddie think is helping the murderer in #43?
(d) Empire State
5. Who is Milkman's best friend?
(a) Guitar Bains
6. Where do Macon and Pilate decide to sleep?
(a) Under a rock formation
(b) In the field
(c) In a cave
(d) In the attic
7. Regarding Hagar: The fact that she is so _____ to sleep with robs Milkman of the pleasure that should come with sex.
8. What is so special about the item in #74?
(a) It contains a map
(b) It contains gold
(c) It is the resting place of his father
(d) It has a treasure in the back
9. What is Milkman's job as he works with his father?
(b) Rent collector
10. Where does Empire State like to hang out?
(a) The two Tommys' barbershop
(d) The railroad tracks
11. Where is the person in #2 trying to fly?
(a) Lake Erie
(c) New York
(d) Lake Superior
12. For how long does Milkman want to leave town?
(a) A year
(b) A decade
(c) A week
(d) A month
13. What does Milkman realize as Hagar tries to kill him and fails?
(a) That she is insane
(b) That she is blind
(c) That she cannot kill him
(d) That she is only teasing
14. What is Guitar's advice to Milkman regarding his father?
(a) His father is just an idiot
(b) Kill him
(d) Forget about it
15. Where does Milkman go to hide from Hagar?
(c) The rental office
Short Answer Questions
1. Who prevented Macon from attempting to miscarry Milkman when he was in the womb?
2. What is the name of the baby delivered in #6?
3. What does Hagar bring as the murder weapon for Milkman's murder?
4. Who is trying to fly at the start of the novel?
5. What does Macon reveal about Ruth's relationship with her father?
This section contains 380 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)