|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Freddie think is helping the murderer in #43?
(a) Empire State
2. Where does Hagar hit Milkman?
3. Where do Macon and Pilate decide to sleep?
(a) In the field
(b) Under a rock formation
(c) In the attic
(d) In a cave
4. The purpose of Guitar's organization is to kill _______ white person(s) for each black person that is killed at the hands of a white person
5. Who walks into the rental office as Milkman is finishing up work?
6. From whom do Macon and Pilate try to hide?
(a) Another child
(b) Their mother
(c) A group of white men
(d) A police officer
7. Who is the drunk and crazy tenant that waves around a shotgun and a wad of cash?
8. Who does Macon talk about in order to distract Milkman from his other questions?
(a) The First Macon Dead
9. Who does Milkman's best friend goad Milkman into visiting?
10. Where is the green bag hanging?
(a) In the wine cellar
(b) On the porch
(c) In the cave
(d) Pilate's house
11. Guitar feels the group is a perfectly ________ and natural reaction to unnatural white people.
12. What does Macon do to keep Milkman out of trouble?
(a) Offers to teach him the business
(b) Lets him do whatever he wants
(c) Grounds him
(d) Sends him away
13. Does Macon explain why he doesn't want Milkman to visit his aunt?
(c) Sort of
(d) Yes, and he beats him as punishment
14. Who has Milkman been sleeping with for some time?
15. What does Pilate do for a living?
(a) Makes and sells wine
(c) Works as a maid
(d) Is a midwife
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the organization of which Guitar is a part?
2. How does Milkman get to see his best friend?
3. Which of these women does not sing in the group when Milkman visits?
4. Who is trying to fly at the start of the novel?
5. Macon discovers Ruth naked in the bed next to her father's dead body. What is she doing?
This section contains 388 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)