|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Milkman's mother say she was wearing when she was kneeling next to her dead father?
(a) A suit
(b) A dress
(c) A slip
2. What is the date at the beginning of this story?
(a) February 18, 1931
(b) February 13, 1931
(c) March 2, 1931
(d) December 23, 1931
3. What is the name of the midwife who delivers Macon and Pilate?
4. What does Macon reveal about Ruth's relationship with her father?
(a) She killed him
(b) It was abusive
(c) It was not very close
(d) It seemed to be incestuous
5. How does Milkman describe his relationship with Hagar?
(d) Not fulfilling
6. Does Macon explain why he doesn't want Milkman to visit his aunt?
(b) Yes, and he beats him as punishment
(d) Sort of
7. Which of these women does not sing in the group when Milkman visits?
8. What is Guitar drinking?
(a) Gin and tonic
(b) Nothing alcoholic
9. Who is one of the members of this organization that eventually cannot not take it?
(d) Robert Smith
10. When is Hagar thought to be planning to kill Milkman?
(a) In a month
(b) In a week
(c) The next day
(d) That night
11. What does Macon want to buy and rent to black professionals?
(a) Summer homes
12. What kind of car does the Dead family own?
(c) They don't own a car
13. In his dream, where does Milkman's mother go to visit her father?
(a) Fairfield Heights
(c) Auburn Hills
14. Where are Guitar and Milkman at the beginning of this chapter?
(a) The barbershop
(b) Milkman's office
(c) Mary's bar
(d) Guitar's house
15. Where does Milkman go to hide from Hagar?
(a) The rental office
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Milkman throw his father into?
2. Where does the family take its weekly drive?
3. Who scares Macon away from the cave and hinders him from leaving with the item in #82?
4. What did Pilate use to protect Ruth and her unborn son?
5. To where do Macon and Pilate escape instead of staying in their hiding place?
This section contains 375 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)