|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is the lovemaking from Sam's point of view?
2. What does Jane do when she does not understand Sam's rudeness?
3. What does Sam do when Jane tells her story and her fear of water?
4. For what does Sam plead?
5. What does Sam tell Hadley to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Rebecca react to seeing the crash site?
2. What happens at the John Hopkins medical museum?
3. What advice does Joley give Jane? How does she respond?
4. What takes place when Jane and Rebecca visit the Shedd Aquarium?
5. What does Joley say in his letter to Jane?
6. What does Oliver do at the Blue Diner?
7. What complications do Sam and Oliver have when going after Rebecca and Hadley?
8. What is Sam's view of the sheep shearing incident?
9. What does Oliver recall about the morning after his wedding?
10. How do Sam's actions show he is interested in Jane?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Role-reversals take place between Jane and Rebecca.
Part 1) Describe Jane and Rebecca. When do they reverse roles? Are you surprised by these role-reversals? Why or why not?
Part 2) How do these reversals reveal more about each of these characters? How do the histories of these characters play into this role-reversal?
Part 3) How do these reversal of roles affect other characters in the book? Why?
Essay Topic 2
At one point in the story, though Rebecca is feverish, scarred, and weak, it is Jane who needs healing.
Part 1) How has Rebecca become like this? Why does Jane need to be healed?
Part 2) How does this reveal a role reversal between this mother and daughter? At what other times do they reverse roles? Why do they reverse roles?
Part 3) How does the fact that Rebecca is physically injured, yet Jane needs healing reveal about the extent to which Jane has been emotionally scarred?
Essay Topic 3
Jane has two love interests.
Part 1) Who are her two love interests? Compare her two love interests.
Part 2) How does Jane find herself with two love interests? What are her thoughts about these two men? What are others' thoughts about these two men?
Part 3) How is her life affected by these two men? Can it ever go back to the way it was? Why or why not?
This section contains 1,176 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)