|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Jane writes a letter to Joley bragging about doing what?
2. How is the lovemaking from Sam's point of view?
3. What does Jane tell Oliver as she sets up a three-day vigil at Rebecca's bedside?
4. In what does Oliver get his Master's from Harvard?
5. What does Jane ask Sam to do, regarding Hadley?
Short Essay Questions
1. What takes place between Jane and Sam?
2. How do Oliver's plans to find Jane and Rebecca change?
3. How does Hadley die?
4. What happens when Rebecca wakes up?
5. How does Rebecca react to seeing the crash site?
6. What does Joley say in his letter to Jane?
7. What happens at the John Hopkins medical museum?
8. What is Sam's view of the sheep shearing incident?
9. What does Oliver recall about the morning after his wedding?
10. How does the relationship between Jane and Sam change?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Some of the same events are told from various points of view.
Part 1) Name two events that are told from various points of view. Describe these events and how they are viewed.
Part 2) How are the viewpoints the same? How are they different what are the reasons for these similarities and differences?
Part 3) What is the purpose of seeing the same event from different views? How can a reader relate to this?
Essay Topic 2
Foreshadowing is frequently found in this story.
Part 1) Give two examples of foreshadowing. Explain what these examples foreshadow.
Part 2) What is the purpose of the foreshadowing in this book? What feelings does it evoke in the reader? Why?
Part 3) Why is foreshadowing used frequently? Does it enhance the story? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Contrasts exist throughout this story.
Part 1) Describe two contrasts from this story. How are they contrasting?
Part 2) What is the purpose of these contrasts? How do they enhance the story?
Part 3) How do these contrasts affect the characters and their relationships?
This section contains 1,030 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)