|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jane ask Sam to do, regarding Hadley?
2. Does Hadley agree to Sam's request?
3. Of what does Joley remind Jane?
4. Between what does Jane feel torn?
5. What does Jane whisper to Sam?
Short Essay Questions
1. What advice does Joley give Jane? How does she respond?
2. What takes place at an Elvis-themed diner?
3. What happens the next morning after Jane sleeps with Sam?
4. Why is Rebecca surprised about an argument between her parents?
5. What complications do Sam and Oliver have when going after Rebecca and Hadley?
6. What happens at the John Hopkins medical museum?
7. What takes place in the last moments between Sam and Jane?
8. How does the relationship between Jane and Sam change?
9. How does Oliver try to show Jane and Rebecca where he is?
10. How do Oliver's plans to find Jane and Rebecca change?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Part 1) How does Hadley die? What events lead up to his death? How could his death have been prevented?
Part 2) What does his death represent? How does his death affect the other characters in the story? Why are they affected this way?
Part 3) His death is learned early in the book. Other chapters after this explain the events leading up to his death. How does knowing he will die affect your feelings when reading about the events leading up to his death?
Essay Topic 2
Both Sam and Jane experience violence in their pasts.
Part 1) Describe the violence from which they suffer. How have they been affected by this violence?
Part 2) How does this suffering affect their relationships with others? How does it affect how they feel about themselves?
Part 3) How does this history of violence, at first, push them away from each other and then bring them together? Why does this happen?
Essay Topic 3
Jane has two love interests.
Part 1) Who are her two love interests? Compare her two love interests.
Part 2) How does Jane find herself with two love interests? What are her thoughts about these two men? What are others' thoughts about these two men?
Part 3) How is her life affected by these two men? Can it ever go back to the way it was? Why or why not?
This section contains 1,136 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)