|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Jane describes the mutual disgust between who?
2. What does Hadley do with Rebecca when she arrives at his mother's home?
3. In his second letter to Jane, about what does Joley write?
4. What does Jane find when they reach Jake's?
5. What happens when Sam follows Jane to apologize?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do Sam, Hadley, and Joley tell stupid jokes?
2. How do Sam and Jane finally become civil toward one another?
3. Why does Joley help Jane?
4. How do Jane and Rebecca celebrate Rebecca's fifteenth birthday?
5. What does Joley write in his letter to Jane at Fishtrap, Montana?
6. Why does Sam have surgery as a child?
7. What happens when Rebecca arrives at the Spregg home?
8. How are Jane and Rebecca's role reversed?
9. What does Sam recall about his childhood?
10. What does Joley write in his second letter to Jane?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Some of the same events are told from various points of view.
Part 1) Name two events that are told from various points of view. Describe these events and how they are viewed.
Part 2) How are the viewpoints the same? How are they different what are the reasons for these similarities and differences?
Part 3) What is the purpose of seeing the same event from different views? How can a reader relate to this?
Essay Topic 2
The author builds dislike for Oliver.
Part 1) How does the author build dislike for Oliver? Why does she build this dislike?
Part 2) How does this add contrast to the story? How does this contrast affect the story?
Part 3) How does the author, later in the book, show depth in this character? How does this building up of dislike add to the depth of the character?
Essay Topic 3
Jane has two love interests.
Part 1) Who are her two love interests? Compare her two love interests.
Part 2) How does Jane find herself with two love interests? What are her thoughts about these two men? What are others' thoughts about these two men?
Part 3) How is her life affected by these two men? Can it ever go back to the way it was? Why or why not?
This section contains 1,162 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)