|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In his second letter to Jane, about what does Joley write?
2. With whom is Elkezer in the photograph that Jane and Rebecca notice?
3. How are Jane and Rebecca's roles reversed?
4. Does Joseph Tall Neck believe Jane's story?
5. What does Hadley do with Rebecca when she arrives at his mother's home?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Joley not want Jane to send Rebecca back to Oliver?
2. How does Jane feel about her father's death?
3. What happens when Jane and Rebecca meet Joseph Tall Neck?
4. What happens when Rebecca arrives at the Spregg home?
5. Where does Jane go after the plane crash? What takes place here?
6. What happens when Jane arrives at the next location to meet Jake?
7. How does Oliver feel about his abilities at intercepting Jane and Rebecca?
8. How do Sam and Jane finally become civil toward one another?
9. What does Joley write in his second letter to Jane?
10. What takes place during Sam and Joley's conversation?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Foreshadowing is frequently found in this story.
Part 1) Give two examples of foreshadowing. Explain what these examples foreshadow.
Part 2) What is the purpose of the foreshadowing in this book? What feelings does it evoke in the reader? Why?
Part 3) Why is foreshadowing used frequently? Does it enhance the story? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Role-reversals take place between Jane and Rebecca.
Part 1) Describe Jane and Rebecca. When do they reverse roles? Are you surprised by these role-reversals? Why or why not?
Part 2) How do these reversals reveal more about each of these characters? How do the histories of these characters play into this role-reversal?
Part 3) How do these reversal of roles affect other characters in the book? Why?
Essay Topic 3
At the end of the book, Jane and Rebecca leave with some apples from the orchard.
Part 1) How do they end up with apples in their vehicle? How do they feel about this? Why?
Part 2) What do these apples symbolize? How do you know this?
Part 3) What might these apples signify about Jane and Rebecca's lives after the story ends? Explain.
This section contains 1,007 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)