|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the contents of a research box fall over the banister to the floor, what does it trigger in Rebecca?
(a) Memories of her father working.
(b) Memories of dropping her school books on the floor.
(c) Memories of a trip watching whales.
(d) Memories of the plane crash.
2. What does Jane do when she does not understand Sam's rudeness?
(a) She yells at him.
(b) She flees to Joley.
(c) She cries.
(d) She asks him what is wrong.
3. What does Sam do when Jane tells her story and her fear of water?
(a) Sam sets her on the edge of the pond.
(b) Sam holds her tight.
(c) Sam laughs at her story.
(d) Sam carries Jane into shoulder-high water where they both ease underwater face to face.
4. By the time Sam and Oliver return with the gas, what has happened?
(a) It is dark.
(b) They bought the wrong gas.
(c) The car has been towed.
(d) The car has a flat tire.
5. How does Jane respond when Joley urges her to tell Rebecca her plans and to take the power position with Oliver by listening to him instead of talking?
(a) She agrees with him.
(b) She laughs at him.
(c) She does not hear him.
(d) She shrugs off the advice.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are Oliver, Jane and Rebecca going back to?
2. Where do Sam and Oliver find Hadley and Rebecca asleep?
3. For what does Sam plead?
4. Who does Jane meet at the sheep shearing incident?
5. How does Arlo van Cleeb greet Rebecca?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Joley say in his letter to Jane?
2. What happens to Jane when her mother and father argue and her mother eventually leaves?
3. What takes place between Jane and Sam?
4. What does Oliver recall about the morning after his wedding?
5. How does this scene become slightly awkward?
6. How does Hadley die?
7. How do Oliver's plans to find Jane and Rebecca change?
8. How does the relationship between Jane and Sam change?
9. What does Jane do as Rebecca climbs through the ruins of the airplane?
10. Why is Rebecca surprised about an argument between her parents?
This section contains 1,038 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)