|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. By the time Sam and Oliver return with the gas, what has happened?
(a) They bought the wrong gas.
(b) The car has been towed.
(c) It is dark.
(d) The car has a flat tire.
2. How does Sam apologize for the sheep shearing incident?
(a) He makes her dinner.
(b) He offers his mother's clothes for her to wear.
(c) He buys her new clothes.
(d) He says he is sorry.
3. What happens after Jane's mother confronts her husband about abusing Jane, and he beats her?
(a) The abuse stops.
(b) The abuse continues.
(c) The abuse becomes worse.
(d) The abuse slows.
4. Where are Oliver, Jane and Rebecca going back to?
(a) New York.
(d) San Diego.
5. Between what does Jane feel torn?
(a) Her desire to be home and with Sam.
(b) Her love for Oliver and her love for Sam.
(c) Staying married and getting divorced.
(d) Pleasing herself or her daughter.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does crying to Sam help Jane?
2. What kind of pain is Jane causing Sam?
3. Describe how Jane looks when they have finished?
4. How does Sam say he travels?
5. When does Oliver awaken in Mica's apartment?
Short Essay Questions
1. What advice does Joley give Jane? How does she respond?
2. What does Oliver do at the Blue Diner?
3. What happens at the John Hopkins medical museum?
4. How does Oliver try to show Jane and Rebecca where he is?
5. What is Sam's view of the sheep shearing incident?
6. What happens to Jane when her mother and father argue and her mother eventually leaves?
7. What takes place between Jane and Sam?
8. What happens when Jane tells her mother about her father's molestations?
9. How does Hadley die?
10. How does Rebecca react to seeing the crash site?
This section contains 1,063 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)