|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of pain is Jane causing Sam?
(a) Stomach pains.
(b) A two-day-old headache.
(c) Heart palpitations.
2. The wind howls through the metal and the corn stalks like what?
(a) Wild dogs.
(b) Ghosts of the people killed in the crash.
(c) A tornado.
(d) Crying coyotes.
3. What does Mica make Oliver promise?
(a) To go back to San Diego.
(b) To help the whale.
(c) To find his family first.
(d) To find his family next.
4. In what is a three-year-old, thirty-foot-long, fifty-thousand-pound female humpback whale tangled?
(a) In a shallow reef.
(b) A gill net.
(c) In a tuna net.
(d) A shark net.
5. How does Jane's mother initially react when she tells her about her father molesting her?
(a) She cries.
(b) She says she is sorry.
(c) She denies it.
(d) She calls the police.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what does Oliver get his Master's from Harvard?
2. Why does Rebecca sneak around to watch an argument between her parents?
3. Where does Oliver find Jane?
4. What does Oliver demand of Sam?
5. What does Jane ask Sam to do, regarding Hadley?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Jane tells her mother about her father's molestations?
2. What happens when Rebecca wakes up?
3. What takes place between Jane and Sam?
4. What decisions do the adults make about finding Rebecca?
5. How does this scene become slightly awkward?
6. What is Sam's view of the sheep shearing incident?
7. What does Jane admit to Joley about Sam?
8. What takes place when Jane and Rebecca visit the Shedd Aquarium?
9. How do Oliver's plans to find Jane and Rebecca change?
10. How does Hadley die?
This section contains 824 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)