|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Oliver yearn to do?
(a) Go home.
(b) Go back to work.
(c) See the whales on the east coast.
(d) Gather up his family and go home.
2. What does Jane do when she does not understand Sam's rudeness?
(a) She yells at him.
(b) She cries.
(c) She flees to Joley.
(d) She asks him what is wrong.
3. What is Joley's goodbye present for Jane?
(a) He leads Oliver away, so Jane and Sam have time alone.
(b) He punches Oliver.
(c) He buys her a car.
(d) He hugs her and hands her a card.
4. In his letter to Jane, of what does Joley remind Jane?
(a) Of the time he ran away from home.
(b) Of the time their father broke two of mother's ribs.
(c) Of the time their father abused Jane.
(d) Of the time their mother left.
5. What does Mica make Oliver promise?
(a) To go back to San Diego.
(b) To find his family first.
(c) To help the whale.
(d) To find his family next.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Oliver first meet Jane?
2. What does Oliver demand of Sam?
3. In what does Oliver get his Master's from Harvard?
4. How does Sam say he travels?
5. How does Arlo van Cleeb greet Rebecca?
Short Essay Questions
1. What takes place between Jane and Sam?
2. What complications do Sam and Oliver have when going after Rebecca and Hadley?
3. How does the relationship between Jane and Sam change?
4. How does this scene become slightly awkward?
5. What happens when Rebecca wakes up?
6. How does Rebecca react to seeing the crash site?
7. What do Sam and Hadley discuss over beer?
8. What takes place between Jane and Sam?
9. How does Oliver help a whale?
10. What happens the next morning after Jane sleeps with Sam?
This section contains 1,104 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)