|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At an ice cream parlor, what does Rebecca notice about her mother?
(a) She seems happier than usual.
(b) She is giddy in love with a man she seemed to despise.
(c) She is unhappy.
(d) She is not complaining.
2. Over breakfast, where does Jane tell Rebecca is their next destination?
(d) The ruins of the plane crash in Iowa.
3. When the orchard suffered a parasite causing loss of half of the crop when Sam was fourteen, how did he comfort himself?
(a) By learning how to sing.
(b) By learning to fix appliances.
(c) By learning how to play music.
(d) By learning about electronics.
4. Why does Oliver believe that he has to intercept Jane and Rebecca before they reach Joley?
(a) Joley will poison them against him.
(b) Joley will kidnap them.
(c) Joley will call the police.
(d) Joley will refuse to let them go back to him.
5. Who does Rebecca meet at the diner?
(a) Her mother.
(b) An older woman named Mrs. Phipps.
(c) Hadley's mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jane find when they reach Jake's?
2. What does Hadley explain to Rebecca about Sam?
3. Where does Oliver long to be?
4. What job does Jane have?
5. What does Hadley do with Rebecca when she arrives at his mother's home?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Rebecca get to Hadley's mother's home?
2. Why does Joley not want Jane to send Rebecca back to Oliver?
3. Where do Oliver and Jane long to be?
4. What has become of Oliver and Jane's marriage?
5. How does Oliver feel about his abilities at intercepting Jane and Rebecca?
6. What happens after Jane and Rebecca speed past Ernie Barb?
7. How do Jane and Rebecca celebrate Rebecca's fifteenth birthday?
8. What happens when Jane arrives at the next location to meet Jake?
9. What does Hadley reveal about Sam? How does the reader know that Hadley is attracted to Rebecca?
10. How do Jane and Rebecca get $400?
This section contains 975 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)