|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Oliver celebrate his own brilliance?
(a) At noon in the bar of a Holiday Inn.
(b) At midnight in the bar of a Holiday Inn.
(c) By watching a documentary on whales.
(d) By calling his wife.
2. Where do Sam, Joley, and Hadley live?
(a) In the Big House.
(b) In the Barn House.
(c) In the House Barn.
(d) In the Big Barn.
3. How is Hadley treating Rebecca the day after Rebecca confided her life story to him?
(a) He follows her around.
(b) He is avoiding her.
(c) He talks to her.
(d) He is kind to her.
4. What do the Cosgroves use their insurance money to do?
(a) Buy a new house.
(b) Buy a new condo.
(c) Build the same house.
(d) Build the same house they had adding a large window removed from the John Hancock building.
5. What does Jane remember about the day before her wedding?
(a) She woke up screaming and did not understand why.
(b) She woke up a little nervous and very excited.
(c) She was so excited she could not sleep.
(d) She spent the evening with her mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Jane and Rebecca arrive at Hansen's orchard and look for who?
2. On July 15, 1990, Jane takes Rebecca to a YMCA to swim in what city?
3. That night, what do Hadley and Rebecca promise?
4. How long do Jane and Oliver date before they make love?
5. In his first letter to Jane, about what does Joley write?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Sam and Jane finally become civil toward one another?
2. How do Jane and Rebecca get $400?
3. What does Hadley reveal about Sam? How does the reader know that Hadley is attracted to Rebecca?
4. What happens when Jane arrives at the next location to meet Jake?
5. What happens when Jane and Rebecca meet Joseph Tall Neck?
6. What takes place during Sam and Joley's conversation?
7. How do Jane and Rebecca celebrate Rebecca's fifteenth birthday?
8. Describe the story Jane tells about being ten and goose hunting with her father.
9. Where does Jane go after the plane crash? What takes place here?
10. How are Jane and Rebecca's role reversed?
This section contains 928 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)