|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Sam, Hadley and Joley's rule is that the one who does what gets out of paying the tab?
(a) Performs a stupid stunt.
(b) Flirts with the waitress.
(c) Tells the stupidest joke.
(d) Dances on the table.
2. Why does Joley believe this is why she was spared?
(a) God loves her.
(b) Only souls at peace can go to heaven.
3. Why does Sam undergo two operations?
(a) He has cancer.
(b) He has trouble hearing.
(c) He is cross-eyed.
(d) He cannot walk.
4. Who does Rebecca meet at the diner?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Hadley's mother.
(d) An older woman named Mrs. Phipps.
5. When the waitress flirts with him, what does he do?
(a) He ignores her.
(b) He thanks her for her time.
(c) He gives her a ten-dollar tip.
(d) He gives her a five-dollar tip and his spare room key card.
Short Answer Questions
1. At an ice cream parlor, what does Rebecca notice about her mother?
2. How does Jane feel when Oliver stops having sex with her?
3. When Joley asked Jane why she wanted to marry Oliver, what was Jane's response?
4. When Sam repairs the gramophone, what kind of music does it play?
5. Where do Sam, Joley, and Hadley live?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Jane arrives at the next location to meet Jake?
2. What does Oliver do, now that Rebecca and Jane have left?
3. Describe the story about the neighbor's house fire.
4. What has become of Oliver and Jane's marriage?
5. Why does Joley help Jane?
6. How does Jane feel about her father's death?
7. Why does Oliver think he has to intercept Jane and Rebecca before they reach Joley?
8. How does Oliver feel about his abilities at intercepting Jane and Rebecca?
9. Why does Joley not want Jane to send Rebecca back to Oliver?
10. Where does Jane go after the plane crash? What takes place here?
This section contains 897 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)