|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Jane stained the oak door to Oliver's office, why did she shriek?
(a) He scared her.
(b) She spilled the stain on her clothes.
(c) The stain smelled bad.
(d) She saw the face of the devil in the wood grain.
2. On the highway between the Grand Canyon and Salt Lake City, who does Jane race against?
(a) A semi-truck.
(d) The Oscar Mayer wiener mobile.
3. On July 25, 1990, fifteen-year-old Rebecca is hitchhiking to Hadley's mother's home alone on a rainy night with whom?
(a) Her mother.
(c) Two lecherous truckers.
4. After a bi-plane flies overhead, what does Oliver reason?
(a) Jane and Rebecca will revisit the plane crash site in Iowa on the way to Massachusetts.
(b) Jane and Rebecca will not return to the crash site.
(c) Jane and Rebecca have already left the country by plane.
(d) Jane and Rebecca will rent a plane.
5. Rebecca spies on Sam and Jane who are where?
(a) In a rowboat kissing.
(b) In the pond swimming.
(c) In a canoe talking.
(d) In a tent kissing.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rebecca do to stay warm?
2. Why does Oliver believe that he has to intercept Jane and Rebecca before they reach Joley?
3. When Tall Neck sells a convertible MG to Jane, of what is he unaware?
4. Why does Joley believe that Rebecca was spared?
5. Why does Sam undergo two operations?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Oliver feel about his abilities at intercepting Jane and Rebecca?
2. Why does Oliver think he has to intercept Jane and Rebecca before they reach Joley?
3. How do Jane and Rebecca celebrate Rebecca's fifteenth birthday?
4. What does Joley write in his second letter to Jane?
5. How do Jane and Rebecca get $400?
6. Describe the story Jane tells about being ten and goose hunting with her father.
7. How does Jane now act around Sam?
8. Where does Jane go after the plane crash? What takes place here?
9. Describe the story about the neighbor's house fire.
10. What takes place during Sam and Joley's conversation?
This section contains 1,061 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)