|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sam use to maintain a more natural environment?
(a) Sheep and pesticides with lower toxicity.
(b) Organic growing techniques.
(c) Insects and bacteria to kill pests.
(d) No power tools.
2. What does Hadley explain to Rebecca about Sam?
(a) He does not know how to talk to women.
(b) He is not fond of girls raised in the suburbs of Boston, like Newton.
(c) He is an angry man.
(d) He is not very nice.
3. Where do Sam, Joley, and Hadley live?
(a) In the Barn House.
(b) In the Big Barn.
(c) In the House Barn.
(d) In the Big House.
4. On July 25, 1990, fifteen-year-old Rebecca is hitchhiking to Hadley's mother's home alone on a rainy night with whom?
(b) Her mother.
(c) Two lecherous truckers.
5. With what was Sam fascinated when he was a child?
(a) His brother's broken gramophone.
(b) His sister's broken gramophone.
(c) His mother's broken gramophone.
(d) His father's broken gramophone.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Jane and Rebecca celebrate Rebecca's fifteenth birthday?
2. After years of being unwilling to swim, what happens to Jane?
3. How does Oliver celebrate his own brilliance?
4. Where does Jane act as a dutiful wife?
5. Why does Sam undergo two operations?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Jane now act around Sam?
2. How does Oliver learn about where his wife and daughter are headed?
3. Why does Joley not want Jane to send Rebecca back to Oliver?
4. Why does Oliver think he has to intercept Jane and Rebecca before they reach Joley?
5. How does Jane end up covered in manure?
6. How are Jane and Rebecca's role reversed?
7. How do Jane and Rebecca get $400?
8. Describe the story about the neighbor's house fire.
9. Where does Jane go after the plane crash? What takes place here?
10. How does Jane feel about her father's death?
This section contains 1,005 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)