|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jane do when she spots Joley?
(a) She waves at him.
(b) She runs the other way.
(c) She runs to him.
(d) She walks over to him.
2. Does Jane feel loss or grief about her father's death?
(b) Not at first.
3. What does Jane remember about being ten years old with her father?
(b) Goose hunting.
(c) Deer hunting.
4. How does Jane's father react when Jane scares away the animals?
(a) He becomes enraged.
(b) He laughs.
(c) He is surprised.
(d) He becomes slightly annoyed.
5. On July 25, 1990, fifteen-year-old Rebecca is hitchhiking to Hadley's mother's home alone on a rainy night with whom?
(b) Her mother.
(c) Two lecherous truckers.
Short Answer Questions
1. How are Jane and Rebecca's roles reversed?
2. What does Hadley do with Rebecca when she arrives at his mother's home?
3. Why will Oliver not be at Rebecca's fifteenth birthday?
4. What can Jane's snobbishness not accept?
5. When Joley asks if his sister and niece can stay on the farm for a while, does Sam agree to let them stay?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Rebecca get to Hadley's mother's home?
2. How do Jane and Rebecca celebrate Rebecca's fifteenth birthday?
3. How does Jane now act around Sam?
4. Where does Jane go after the plane crash? What takes place here?
5. How does Jane feel about her father's death?
6. What does Joley write in his second letter to Jane?
7. What takes place during Sam and Joley's conversation?
8. Why do Sam, Hadley, and Joley tell stupid jokes?
9. How do Sam and Jane finally become civil toward one another?
10. Why does Joley not want Jane to send Rebecca back to Oliver?
This section contains 1,002 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)