|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What job does Jane have?
(a) She is a principal for the San Diego school system.
(b) She is a nurse for the San Diego school system.
(c) She is a teacher for the San Diego school system.
(d) She is a speech pathologist for the San Diego school system.
2. Where does Oliver's car run out of gas?
(a) In Happy, Nebraska.
(b) In Content, Colorado.
(c) In Carefree, Arizona.
(d) In Fancyfree, Kansas.
3. What does Jane find when they reach Jake's?
(a) An airfield where pilot Jake offers flights over the canyons.
(b) A flight museum that has many planes on display.
(c) A diner.
(d) A museum.
4. While he waits in his hotel room, about what does he think?
(a) The waitress.
(b) His work.
(c) His family.
5. What does Joley say when she tells him about leaving Oliver?
(a) He tells her get a divorce.
(b) He tells her to try to work things out.
(c) He directs her to come to him.
(d) He tells her to take a vacation.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Tall Neck sells a convertible MG to Jane, of what is he unaware?
2. After years of being unwilling to swim, what happens to Jane?
3. What does Rebecca do to stay warm?
4. Rebecca spies on Sam and Jane who are where?
5. Why do Jane and Rebecca decide to sell the car?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Oliver feel about his abilities at intercepting Jane and Rebecca?
2. How do Sam and Jane finally become civil toward one another?
3. What does Joley write in his second letter to Jane?
4. What does Oliver do, now that Rebecca and Jane have left?
5. Why does Oliver think he has to intercept Jane and Rebecca before they reach Joley?
6. Why do Sam, Hadley, and Joley tell stupid jokes?
7. What does Hadley reveal about Sam? How does the reader know that Hadley is attracted to Rebecca?
8. Where does Jane go after the plane crash? What takes place here?
9. How do Jane and Rebecca celebrate Rebecca's fifteenth birthday?
10. What takes place during Sam and Joley's conversation?
This section contains 923 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)