|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jane do when Joley follows her to the bathroom, asking if she is okay?
(a) She cries on his shoulder.
(b) She pushes him away.
(c) She asks him to stay with her.
(d) She says she is fine.
2. How does Sam apologize for the sheep shearing incident?
(a) He says he is sorry.
(b) He buys her new clothes.
(c) He makes her dinner.
(d) He offers his mother's clothes for her to wear.
3. Why are Joley, Hadley and Rebecca preparing to go into town?
(a) For supplies.
(b) For a movie.
(c) For ice cream.
(d) For dinner.
4. What does Mica do after listening to Oliver's tale of woe?
(a) She laughs at him.
(b) She takes him to her apartment to sleep.
(c) She pays for his meal.
(d) She sends him to a hotel.
5. What does Jane ask Sam to do, regarding Hadley?
(a) Fire him.
(b) Keep him away from Rebecca.
(c) Warn him.
(d) Give him a different job.
6. Where are Oliver, Jane and Rebecca going back to?
(a) New York.
(d) San Diego.
7. In what is a three-year-old, thirty-foot-long, fifty-thousand-pound female humpback whale tangled?
(a) In a tuna net.
(b) A gill net.
(c) A shark net.
(d) In a shallow reef.
8. What does Jane whisper to Sam?
(a) She loves him.
(b) She has never been with anyone but Oliver.
(c) She has never loved Oliver.
(d) She will miss him.
9. How does Sam find Jane?
(a) Annoying and unattractive.
(b) Refreshing and attractive.
(c) Snobbish and rude.
(d) Unusual and attractive.
10. Describe how Jane looks when they have finished?
11. The morning after having sex with Sam, what does Sam do?
(a) He tells her to leave.
(b) He leaves.
(c) He serves Jane breakfast in bed.
(d) He asks her how long she will be staying.
12. Where does Jane promise to celebrate Rebecca's birthday?
(a) In Minnesota.
(b) In Illinois.
(c) In Indiana.
(d) In New York.
13. How does Arlo van Cleeb greet Rebecca?
(a) Like a celebrity.
(b) Like family.
(c) Like a friend.
(d) Like a stranger.
14. What happens when Jane finishes her shower?
(a) She is appalled to find Sam calmly shaving at the sink.
(b) She feels refreshed.
(c) She feels nervous.
(d) She slips.
15. Does Hadley agree to Sam's request?
(b) Yes, but only for a few weeks.
(c) Yes, but only for a night.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rebecca do when she realizes what has happened between her mother and Sam?
2. What does Oliver do when a humpback whale is beached at Gloucester, Massachusetts?
3. How is Jane surprised by Sam?
4. By the time Sam and Oliver return with the gas, what has happened?
5. How does Oliver first meet Jane?
This section contains 552 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)