|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what does Sam plead?
(a) A day with Jane.
(b) Jane to marry him.
(c) Jane to go back to Oliver.
(d) Jane to divorce Oliver.
2. By the time Sam and Oliver return with the gas, what has happened?
(a) It is dark.
(b) The car has been towed.
(c) The car has a flat tire.
(d) They bought the wrong gas.
3. What is Oliver's plan when he arrives at the orchard?
(a) To surprise Jane by waking her with a kiss.
(b) To find Sam.
(c) To find his daughter.
(d) To ask Jane for a divorce.
4. What does Oliver observe about the aircraft ruins?
(a) They are badly burned.
(b) They are massive.
(c) They resemble a beached whale.
(d) They are tragic.
5. Immediately after Sam sees Oliver's media plea, where does he go?
(a) For a walk in the woods.
(b) For a jog.
(c) To his room.
(d) Into town.
6. On the ride back to shore, about what does Oliver confide?
(a) He wants to go home.
(b) Jane and how he wants Jane to know he is in Massachusetts.
(c) He does not love his wife.
(d) He misses his daughter.
7. How does Jane feel when she climbs into her car to find Rebecca there?
8. Jane writes a letter to Joley bragging about doing what?
(a) Seeing the plane's wreckage.
(b) Visiting Chicago.
(c) Seeing a concert in Minneapolis.
(d) Riding a bus on one lap of the Indianapolis Speedway.
9. How does Sam say he travels?
(a) Once a year.
(b) By plane.
(d) Vicariously by reading about exotic places.
10. What kind of pain is Jane causing Sam?
(a) Stomach pains.
(c) Heart palpitations.
(d) A two-day-old headache.
11. What does Jane do when Joley follows her to the bathroom, asking if she is okay?
(a) She asks him to stay with her.
(b) She pushes him away.
(c) She says she is fine.
(d) She cries on his shoulder.
12. What does Rebecca do when she realizes what has happened between her mother and Sam?
(a) She is worried about her father.
(b) She is surprised but happy.
(c) She runs outside into Hadley's arms for comfort.
(d) She feels sorry for them.
13. In his letter to Jane, of what does Joley remind Jane?
(a) Of the time their father broke two of mother's ribs.
(b) Of the time their mother left.
(c) Of the time he ran away from home.
(d) Of the time their father abused Jane.
14. How does Jane remember finding her daughter at the hospital?
(a) Under the name Jane Doe.
(b) Hooked up to many tubes.
(c) On a gurney.
(d) In a children's wing.
15. What does Sam believe about Jane?
(a) She knows nothing about Sam.
(b) She is his soulmate, and he will love Jane and think of her every day.
(c) She is very childish.
(d) She should stay with Oliver, who loves her.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Arlo van Cleeb greet Rebecca?
2. Where does Oliver find Jane?
3. How does Jane respond when Joley urges her to tell Rebecca her plans and to take the power position with Oliver by listening to him instead of talking?
4. How does crying to Sam help Jane?
5. What happens when Jane finishes her shower?
This section contains 584 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)