|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Does Hadley agree to Sam's request?
(b) Yes, but only for a few weeks.
(d) Yes, but only for a night.
2. There, amid displays of fetuses and mammal hearts, what does Rebecca do to Jane?
(a) She hugs her and tells her she loves her.
(b) She laughs at her.
(c) She cries on her shoulder.
(d) She leaves her.
3. What does Jane ask Sam to do, regarding Hadley?
(a) Fire him.
(b) Give him a different job.
(c) Keep him away from Rebecca.
(d) Warn him.
4. How does Sam apologize for the sheep shearing incident?
(a) He buys her new clothes.
(b) He says he is sorry.
(c) He offers his mother's clothes for her to wear.
(d) He makes her dinner.
5. How is Jane surprised by Sam?
(a) She finds him to be kind.
(b) She finds herself enjoying his company.
(c) She finds him to be intelligent.
(d) She finds him to be funny.
6. What does Oliver hold up?
(a) A convenience mart.
(b) A cell phone.
(c) An address.
(d) A photo of his wife and daughter.
7. How does crying to Sam help Jane?
(a) It releases years of pent up feelings.
(b) It makes him feel sorry for her.
(c) It helps her make her decision about Oliver.
(d) It makes him love her too.
8. What happens when Hadley carries Rebecca on his back into the kitchen?
(a) Jane becomes upset.
(b) They sneak back outside.
(c) She falls and hurts herself.
(d) They tumble to the floor laughing.
9. What does Jane's father do when she refuses to eat or sleep?
(a) He buys her a rabbit she names Fitzgerald.
(b) He buys her jewelry.
(c) He takes her to the zoo.
(d) He sings her a song.
10. Where does Jane promise to celebrate Rebecca's birthday?
(a) In Minnesota.
(b) In Indiana.
(c) In New York.
(d) In Illinois.
11. Immediately after Sam sees Oliver's media plea, where does he go?
(a) Into town.
(b) To his room.
(c) For a jog.
(d) For a walk in the woods.
12. Describe how Jane looks when they have finished?
13. For what does Jane wish when she tells Rebecca that she and Sam are friends?
(a) That he and Rebecca were friends.
(b) More than friendship.
(c) That it were true.
(d) They were just acquaintances.
14. Where does Oliver find Jane?
(a) In bed with Sam.
(b) In the kitchen.
(c) In the woods.
(d) In the livingroom watching television.
15. What does Sam do when Jane tells her story and her fear of water?
(a) Sam holds her tight.
(b) Sam laughs at her story.
(c) Sam carries Jane into shoulder-high water where they both ease underwater face to face.
(d) Sam sets her on the edge of the pond.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Rebecca sneak around to watch an argument between her parents?
2. How does Sam find Jane?
3. The wind howls through the metal and the corn stalks like what?
4. After a non-stop, three-day drive from Iowa, where does Oliver arrive?
5. By the time Sam and Oliver return with the gas, what has happened?
This section contains 551 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)