|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Oliver first meet Jane?
(a) He sees her at a party.
(b) He finds her purse in the tide pool so he returns it to the address listed inside the purse.
(c) They are in the same biology course.
(d) He runs into her on the beach.
2. How does crying to Sam help Jane?
(a) It makes him feel sorry for her.
(b) It makes him love her too.
(c) It helps her make her decision about Oliver.
(d) It releases years of pent up feelings.
3. What happens when Hadley carries Rebecca on his back into the kitchen?
(a) They sneak back outside.
(b) She falls and hurts herself.
(c) Jane becomes upset.
(d) They tumble to the floor laughing.
4. Is Oliver successful at saving the whale?
(b) Not yet.
5. What does Jane whisper to Sam?
(a) She has never loved Oliver.
(b) She will miss him.
(c) She has never been with anyone but Oliver.
(d) She loves him.
6. Who does Jane meet at the sheep shearing incident?
(c) Hadley's mother.
(d) Sam's mother.
7. What does Sam tell Hadley to do?
(a) Marry Rebecca.
(b) Stay where he is.
(c) Back away from Rebecca.
(d) Run away.
8. What does Oliver hold up?
(a) An address.
(b) A convenience mart.
(c) A photo of his wife and daughter.
(d) A cell phone.
9. Where does Jane promise to celebrate Rebecca's birthday?
(a) In Minnesota.
(b) In New York.
(c) In Illinois.
(d) In Indiana.
10. Jane writes a letter to Joley bragging about doing what?
(a) Riding a bus on one lap of the Indianapolis Speedway.
(b) Visiting Chicago.
(c) Seeing a concert in Minneapolis.
(d) Seeing the plane's wreckage.
11. What does Sam do when he notices Jane's wedding ring?
(a) He flinches.
(b) He cries.
(c) He ignores it.
(d) He smiles.
12. Why does Sam hand Jane off to Hadley and Joley at the first opportunity?
(a) He is annoyed by her.
(b) He is worried about her.
(c) He does not like her.
(d) He feels so awkward around her.
13. Where do Jane and Rebecca visit in Chicago?
(a) Miracle Mile.
(b) Wrigley Field.
(c) The Shedd Aquarium.
(d) Chicago Museum of Art.
14. On the ride back to shore, about what does Oliver confide?
(a) Jane and how he wants Jane to know he is in Massachusetts.
(b) He does not love his wife.
(c) He wants to go home.
(d) He misses his daughter.
15. How does Jane remember finding her daughter at the hospital?
(a) In a children's wing.
(b) Hooked up to many tubes.
(c) On a gurney.
(d) Under the name Jane Doe.
Short Answer Questions
1. By the time Sam and Oliver return with the gas, what has happened?
2. What happens after Jane's mother confronts her husband about abusing Jane, and he beats her?
3. What does Jane's father do when she refuses to eat or sleep?
4. For what does Sam plead?
5. Immediately after Sam sees Oliver's media plea, where does he go?
This section contains 531 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)