|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Sam react rudely, driving Jane from the table?
(a) He holds a grudge against Newton girls like Jane.
(b) He is in a bad mood.
(c) He does not like her.
(d) He finds her unattractive and annoying.
2. In his first letter to Jane, about what does Joley write?
(a) His family.
(b) His life.
(c) Her problems.
(d) Their childhood trip to the circus.
3. That night, what do Hadley and Rebecca promise?
(a) To get married.
(b) To find a way to be together.
(c) To run away.
(d) To never see each other again.
4. At a diner, how do Jane and Rebecca introduce themselves?
(a) As Janet and Rachel.
(b) As sisters.
(c) As Lila and Pearl.
(d) As Jane and Rebecca.
5. Does Joseph Tall Neck believe Jane's story?
(b) Not at first.
6. What does Hadley explain to Rebecca about Sam?
(a) He is not fond of girls raised in the suburbs of Boston, like Newton.
(b) He does not know how to talk to women.
(c) He is an angry man.
(d) He is not very nice.
7. Jane and Rebecca arrive at Hansen's orchard and look for who?
(c) Mr. Hansen.
8. When Joley asked Jane why she wanted to marry Oliver, what was Jane's response?
(a) It would take her away from Joley.
(b) It would take her out of her house.
(c) She loves Oliver.
(d) It would make everyone happy.
9. Jane and Rebecca arrive in Minneapolis in time for what?
(a) To witness the demolition of the old Pillsbury building.
(b) A town festival.
(c) To visit with Jane's friends.
(d) Ride in a truck around the Speedway track.
10. Why is the crash site not cleared for farming?
(a) It will expensive to clear the wreckage.
(b) They are not done surveying the crash.
(c) No one is willing to move the wreckage.
(d) The ground beneath the crash is dead.
11. After years of being unwilling to swim, what happens to Jane?
(a) She now regains her love of the water.
(b) She dips her toe in the water.
(c) She falls into the water.
(d) She almost drowns.
12. Where does Rebecca recall tagging along with her mother after the plane crash?
(a) Group therapy sessions for plane crash survivors.
(b) Group therapy sessions for single mothers.
(c) Group therapy sessions for abused women.
(d) Group therapy sessions for those who have suffered from trauma.
13. How much time does Oliver think the most efficient course of action to find his wife and daughter will require?
(a) A month.
(b) A year.
(c) Six months.
(d) A week.
14. How does Mother try to help Joley sleep?
(a) She buys Joley a machine that plays water sounds.
(b) She sings him a lullabye.
(c) She gives him sleeping pills.
(d) She buys him a television to watch.
15. How does Oliver confidently form a plan to track Jane and Rebecca?
(a) He hires a private investigator.
(b) He called the police.
(c) He tracks Jane's cell phone.
(d) He uses the same techniques he uses to track whales.
Short Answer Questions
1. What would their father do when he came home drunk?
2. When does Oliver believe he will be back from finding his wife and daughter?
3. Where does the boy say the woman and teen girl are headed?
4. What do the Cosgroves use their insurance money to do?
5. What does Jane remember about the day before her wedding?
This section contains 639 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)