|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hadley explain to Rebecca about Sam?
(a) He is not very nice.
(b) He is not fond of girls raised in the suburbs of Boston, like Newton.
(c) He does not know how to talk to women.
(d) He is an angry man.
2. Jane and Rebecca arrive in Minneapolis in time for what?
(a) A town festival.
(b) To visit with Jane's friends.
(c) Ride in a truck around the Speedway track.
(d) To witness the demolition of the old Pillsbury building.
3. How does Jane's father react when Jane scares away the animals?
(a) He becomes slightly annoyed.
(b) He laughs.
(c) He is surprised.
(d) He becomes enraged.
4. In his first letter to Jane, about what does Joley write?
(a) His family.
(b) Her problems.
(c) His life.
(d) Their childhood trip to the circus.
5. At a diner, how do Jane and Rebecca introduce themselves?
(a) As Janet and Rachel.
(b) As Jane and Rebecca.
(c) As sisters.
(d) As Lila and Pearl.
6. At an ice cream parlor, what does Rebecca notice about her mother?
(a) She seems happier than usual.
(b) She is giddy in love with a man she seemed to despise.
(c) She is unhappy.
(d) She is not complaining.
7. Why does Joley feel this way about sending Rebecca back to Oliver?
(a) Rebecca is a replica of Jane, sending her to Oliver is repeating a mistake.
(b) Rebecca wants to live with her father.
(c) Rebecca should be with her father.
(d) Jane is not capable of taking care of Rebecca.
8. When the truck stops at a roadside diner, what does Earl attempt to do?
(a) Buy her dinner.
(b) Molest Rebecca.
(c) Give Rebecca his phone number.
(d) Help Rebecca out of the truck.
9. Where does Oliver's car run out of gas?
(a) In Carefree, Arizona.
(b) In Happy, Nebraska.
(c) In Fancyfree, Kansas.
(d) In Content, Colorado.
10. At Port Jefferson, on July 18, 1990, Jane and Rebecca take the ferry to where?
11. How do Jane and Rebecca celebrate Rebecca's fifteenth birthday?
(a) They go out to dinner.
(b) They shop.
(c) They drive.
(d) They see a movie.
12. Where does Jane long to be?
(a) With someone else.
(b) Back in the early years of their marriage when Oliver spoke to her about his discoveries.
(c) Back in college.
(d) On a sunny beach.
13. How does Oliver confidently form a plan to track Jane and Rebecca?
(a) He tracks Jane's cell phone.
(b) He called the police.
(c) He hires a private investigator.
(d) He uses the same techniques he uses to track whales.
14. What job does Jane have?
(a) She is a nurse for the San Diego school system.
(b) She is a principal for the San Diego school system.
(c) She is a teacher for the San Diego school system.
(d) She is a speech pathologist for the San Diego school system.
15. What happens the same week as the neighbor's house fire?
(a) The plane Rebecca is on crashes.
(b) The school catches on fire.
(c) Jane and Rebecca run away.
(d) The windows of the new Boston skyscraper, the John Hancock building, popped out.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the boy say the woman and teen girl are headed?
2. How much time does Oliver think the most efficient course of action to find his wife and daughter will require?
3. On July 25, 1990, fifteen-year-old Rebecca is hitchhiking to Hadley's mother's home alone on a rainy night with whom?
4. Where do Sam, Hadley, Jane, Rebecca and Joley go for a picnic and to swim?
5. Does Joley want Jane to send Rebecca back to Oliver?
This section contains 591 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)