|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the truck stops at a roadside diner, what does Earl attempt to do?
(a) Molest Rebecca.
(b) Give Rebecca his phone number.
(c) Help Rebecca out of the truck.
(d) Buy her dinner.
2. How is Hadley treating Rebecca the day after Rebecca confided her life story to him?
(a) He is kind to her.
(b) He follows her around.
(c) He is avoiding her.
(d) He talks to her.
3. Where does Jane act as a dutiful wife?
(a) At board meetings and public functions.
(b) At all times.
(c) At school and out to dinner with guests.
(d) At fundraisers for the San Diego Center for Coastal Studies.
4. Where does Jane long to be?
(a) With someone else.
(b) On a sunny beach.
(c) Back in the early years of their marriage when Oliver spoke to her about his discoveries.
(d) Back in college.
5. What does the gas station attendant recognize?
(a) Oliver's gas can.
(b) Oliver's truck.
(c) Oliver's name.
(d) Oliver's voice.
6. What does Sam's mother do with all the photos before the surgery?
(a) She tears them up.
(b) She frames them.
(c) She burns them.
(d) She puts them in a scrapbook.
7. When Joley asked Jane why she wanted to marry Oliver, what was Jane's response?
(a) She loves Oliver.
(b) It would take her away from Joley.
(c) It would take her out of her house.
(d) It would make everyone happy.
8. What does Jane do when she spots Joley?
(a) She walks over to him.
(b) She runs to him.
(c) She runs the other way.
(d) She waves at him.
9. How are Jane and Rebecca's roles reversed?
(a) Rebecca whines about Hadley's rudeness while Jane reminds her that they arrived uninvited.
(b) Jane whines about Hadley's rudeness while Rebecca reminds her that they arrived uninvited.
(c) Jane whines about Sam's rudeness while Rebecca reminds her that they arrived uninvited.
(d) Rebecca whines about Sam's rudeness while Jane reminds her that they arrived uninvited.
10. Does Jane feel loss or grief about her father's death?
(b) Not at first.
11. When Joley asks if his sister and niece can stay on the farm for a while, does Sam agree to let them stay?
(a) Not at first.
(c) At first.
12. When does Oliver believe he will be back from finding his wife and daughter?
(a) In a couple of days.
(b) In a long time from now.
(c) In a week at the most.
(d) In time to go to the humpback whale migration in Hawaii.
13. What happens to Jane when she tries to catch the ewe?
(a) She runs into the fence.
(b) She catches it.
(c) She falls in manure.
(d) She twists her ankle.
14. How does Joley repay Jane, who rescued him from jail and kept in touch with him during his years of wanderlust?
(a) By calling her every day.
(b) By believing in her.
(c) By giving her money.
(d) By taking her for granted.
15. How does Oliver feel about the close relationship between Joley and Jane?
(a) Jealous and suspicious.
(d) Sad and worried.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Joley believe that Rebecca was spared?
2. That night, what do Hadley and Rebecca promise?
3. Jane describes the mutual disgust between who?
4. What can Jane's snobbishness not accept?
5. After the funeral, how does Joley find Jane?
This section contains 630 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)