|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 67-70.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jane do when Joley follows her to the bathroom, asking if she is okay?
(a) She cries on his shoulder.
(b) She says she is fine.
(c) She pushes him away.
(d) She asks him to stay with her.
2. Why does Sam undergo two operations?
(a) He has trouble hearing.
(b) He cannot walk.
(c) He is cross-eyed.
(d) He has cancer.
3. Where does Oliver's car run out of gas?
(a) In Happy, Nebraska.
(b) In Carefree, Arizona.
(c) In Content, Colorado.
(d) In Fancyfree, Kansas.
4. What does Jane do when she is left in the house?,
(a) She wades into self-blame.
(b) She takes a nap.
(c) She cooks dinner.
(d) She watches the news.
5. With whom is Elkezer in the photograph that Jane and Rebecca notice?
(b) A clown.
(c) Jumbo the Elephant.
(d) A whale.
Short Answer Questions
1. Does Joley want Jane to send Rebecca back to Oliver?
2. How does crying to Sam help Jane?
3. When Jane stained the oak door to Oliver's office, why did she shriek?
4. In his second letter to Jane, about what does Joley write?
5. After Oliver describes the procedure he used to free the whale, what does he do?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)