|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 58-59.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sam do when Jane tells her story and her fear of water?
(a) Sam holds her tight.
(b) Sam carries Jane into shoulder-high water where they both ease underwater face to face.
(c) Sam laughs at her story.
(d) Sam sets her on the edge of the pond.
2. How do Jane and Rebecca celebrate Rebecca's fifteenth birthday?
(a) They see a movie.
(b) They go out to dinner.
(c) They drive.
(d) They shop.
3. What does Joley say when she tells him about leaving Oliver?
(a) He tells her to take a vacation.
(b) He tells her to try to work things out.
(c) He tells her get a divorce.
(d) He directs her to come to him.
4. What does Oliver do when a humpback whale is beached at Gloucester, Massachusetts?
(a) He ignores it.
(b) He goes to see it.
(c) He calls friends to check on it.
(d) He calls the Provincetown Center for Coastal Studies and tells them what he needs and that he is on his way.
5. In his instructions for the next leg of the journey, where does Joley direct Jane?
(a) To Las Vegas.
(b) To Denver.
(c) To Salt Lake City.
(d) To Lincoln.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mica do after listening to Oliver's tale of woe?
2. Where does Rebecca recall tagging along with her mother after the plane crash?
3. What does Sam use to maintain a more natural environment?
4. Why does Sam undergo two operations?
5. Where do Jane and Rebecca visit in Chicago?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)