|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 58-59.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Does Joseph Tall Neck believe Jane's story?
(c) Not at first.
2. What probability does Oliver face?
(a) He will lose his job.
(b) He is responsible for driving Jane away from their marriage.
(c) He will miss the whales.
(d) Jane is responsible for all of their problems.
3. Emotionally repressed Oliver attempts to get back to work by doing what?
(a) Setting up meetings with other researchers.
(b) Heading to the east coast to observe whales.
(c) Drafting an article on humpback whales for the Journal of Mammology.
(d) Working in a zoo.
4. At the beginning of this section, what do Jane and Rebecca gape?
(a) Human arteries.
(b) Paintings by Monet.
(c) A series of pickled fetuses.
(d) A Giacometti sculpture.
5. Why does Oliver believe that he has to intercept Jane and Rebecca before they reach Joley?
(a) Joley will kidnap them.
(b) Joley will call the police.
(c) Joley will refuse to let them go back to him.
(d) Joley will poison them against him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Emily invite Sam to a party?
2. How does Jane remember finding her daughter at the hospital?
3. How does Sam say he travels?
4. Why does Sam hand Jane off to Hadley and Joley at the first opportunity?
5. Jane and Rebecca arrive in Minneapolis in time for what?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)