|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 58-59.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hadley explain to Rebecca about Sam?
(a) He is not very nice.
(b) He is an angry man.
(c) He is not fond of girls raised in the suburbs of Boston, like Newton.
(d) He does not know how to talk to women.
2. For what does Jane wish when she tells Rebecca that she and Sam are friends?
(a) More than friendship.
(b) That it were true.
(c) They were just acquaintances.
(d) That he and Rebecca were friends.
3. Where does Rebecca recall tagging along with her mother after the plane crash?
(a) Group therapy sessions for plane crash survivors.
(b) Group therapy sessions for those who have suffered from trauma.
(c) Group therapy sessions for single mothers.
(d) Group therapy sessions for abused women.
4. After the funeral, how does Joley find Jane?
(a) Standing over the casket with her hand raised to strike.
(b) Sitting still and staring off into space.
(c) Crying on the pew.
(d) Yelling at their mother.
5. How do Jane and Rebecca celebrate Rebecca's fifteenth birthday?
(a) They drive.
(b) They shop.
(c) They go out to dinner.
(d) They see a movie.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sam do when Jane tells her story and her fear of water?
2. After years of being unwilling to swim, what happens to Jane?
3. How is Hadley treating Rebecca the day after Rebecca confided her life story to him?
4. How is the dinner that night?
5. How does Jane's father react when Jane scares away the animals?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)