|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 27-28.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the gas station attendant recognize?
(a) Oliver's gas can.
(b) Oliver's truck.
(c) Oliver's voice.
(d) Oliver's name.
2. What does Sam's mother do with all the photos before the surgery?
(a) She puts them in a scrapbook.
(b) She frames them.
(c) She burns them.
(d) She tears them up.
3. Where do Sam, Hadley, Jane, Rebecca and Joley go for a picnic and to swim?
(a) Pickerington Pond.
(b) Portage Park.
(c) Poughkeepsie Park.
(d) Pickerel Pond.
4. Where do Sam, Joley, and Hadley live?
(a) In the Barn House.
(b) In the Big Barn.
(c) In the Big House.
(d) In the House Barn.
5. Jane describes the mutual disgust between who?
(a) The technical school-bound children of Newton and the Minuteman Tech college-bound students.
(b) The college-bound children of Newton and the Minuteman Tech college-bound students.
(c) Jane and Sam.
(d) The college-bound children of Newton and the Minuteman Tech students.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Rebecca meet at the diner?
2. When the orchard suffered a parasite causing loss of half of the crop when Sam was fourteen, how did he comfort himself?
3. How does Joley repay Jane, who rescued him from jail and kept in touch with him during his years of wanderlust?
4. What does Hadley explain to Rebecca about Sam?
5. In his first letter to Jane, about what does Joley write?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)