|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 19-21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At an ice cream parlor, what does Rebecca notice about her mother?
(a) She is giddy in love with a man she seemed to despise.
(b) She seems happier than usual.
(c) She is unhappy.
(d) She is not complaining.
2. What does Joley say when she tells him about leaving Oliver?
(a) He tells her to try to work things out.
(b) He directs her to come to him.
(c) He tells her to take a vacation.
(d) He tells her get a divorce.
3. What does Jane remember about the day before her wedding?
(a) She woke up a little nervous and very excited.
(b) She spent the evening with her mother.
(c) She was so excited she could not sleep.
(d) She woke up screaming and did not understand why.
4. Where does the boy say the woman and teen girl are headed?
(a) On the highway to the Grand Canyon.
(b) To Yellowstone National Park.
(c) To the Redwood Forest.
(d) To Massachusetts.
5. What job does Jane have?
(a) She is a nurse for the San Diego school system.
(b) She is a principal for the San Diego school system.
(c) She is a speech pathologist for the San Diego school system.
(d) She is a teacher for the San Diego school system.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Oliver confidently form a plan to track Jane and Rebecca?
2. When the truck stops at a roadside diner, what does Earl attempt to do?
3. What would their father do when he came home drunk?
4. When Joley asks if his sister and niece can stay on the farm for a while, does Sam agree to let them stay?
5. How does Joley repay Jane, who rescued him from jail and kept in touch with him during his years of wanderlust?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)