|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 19-21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Jane stained the oak door to Oliver's office, why did she shriek?
(a) She spilled the stain on her clothes.
(b) She saw the face of the devil in the wood grain.
(c) The stain smelled bad.
(d) He scared her.
2. What does Jane remember about being ten years old with her father?
(b) Deer hunting.
(c) Goose hunting.
3. Where do Sam, Hadley, Jane, Rebecca and Joley go for a picnic and to swim?
(a) Pickerel Pond.
(b) Pickerington Pond.
(c) Poughkeepsie Park.
(d) Portage Park.
4. At a diner, how do Jane and Rebecca introduce themselves?
(a) As Lila and Pearl.
(b) As sisters.
(c) As Jane and Rebecca.
(d) As Janet and Rachel.
5. When Joley asks if his sister and niece can stay on the farm for a while, does Sam agree to let them stay?
(b) At first.
(c) Not at first.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jane remember about the day before her wedding?
2. That night, what do Hadley and Rebecca promise?
3. Where does Jane act as a dutiful wife?
4. What does Rebecca do to stay warm?
5. What would their father do when he came home drunk?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)