|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 19-21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Jane stained the oak door to Oliver's office, why did she shriek?
(a) The stain smelled bad.
(b) She spilled the stain on her clothes.
(c) He scared her.
(d) She saw the face of the devil in the wood grain.
2. Rebecca spies on Sam and Jane who are where?
(a) In a rowboat kissing.
(b) In the pond swimming.
(c) In a canoe talking.
(d) In a tent kissing.
3. What would their father do when he came home drunk?
(b) Sit in front ot the television.
(c) Rage at the family.
(d) Pass out.
4. Where does Oliver long to be?
(a) Back in college.
(b) Near the East Coast humpback whales.
(c) In Europe.
(d) Near the West Coast humpback whales.
5. The morning after having sex with Joellen, Sam stands near the barn thinking about what?
(a) His methods to minimize the pesticides on his farm.
(b) Why he had sex with Joellen.
(c) Whether or not he likes Joellen.
(d) What he should get done today.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Jane long to be?
2. How does Joley repay Jane, who rescued him from jail and kept in touch with him during his years of wanderlust?
3. How does Oliver confidently form a plan to track Jane and Rebecca?
4. Why will Oliver not be at Rebecca's fifteenth birthday?
5. That night, what do Hadley and Rebecca promise?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)