|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16, Rebecca July 25, 1990.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Jane act as a dutiful wife?
(a) At board meetings and public functions.
(b) At school and out to dinner with guests.
(c) At all times.
(d) At fundraisers for the San Diego Center for Coastal Studies.
2. What job does Jane have?
(a) She is a principal for the San Diego school system.
(b) She is a nurse for the San Diego school system.
(c) She is a teacher for the San Diego school system.
(d) She is a speech pathologist for the San Diego school system.
3. With what was Sam fascinated when he was a child?
(a) His father's broken gramophone.
(b) His sister's broken gramophone.
(c) His brother's broken gramophone.
(d) His mother's broken gramophone.
4. Emotionally repressed Oliver attempts to get back to work by doing what?
(a) Working in a zoo.
(b) Heading to the east coast to observe whales.
(c) Drafting an article on humpback whales for the Journal of Mammology.
(d) Setting up meetings with other researchers.
5. In his first letter to Jane, about what does Joley write?
(a) Her problems.
(b) His life.
(c) His family.
(d) Their childhood trip to the circus.
Short Answer Questions
1. What would their father do when he came home drunk?
2. How does Joley repay Jane, who rescued him from jail and kept in touch with him during his years of wanderlust?
3. On July 25, 1990, fifteen-year-old Rebecca is hitchhiking to Hadley's mother's home alone on a rainy night with whom?
4. What does Jane remember about being ten years old with her father?
5. In his second letter to Jane, about what does Joley write?
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)