|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16, Rebecca July 25, 1990.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Sam repairs the gramophone, what kind of music does it play?
(a) Swing music.
(c) Garbled Madonna music.
2. Where does Jane act as a dutiful wife?
(a) At fundraisers for the San Diego Center for Coastal Studies.
(b) At all times.
(c) At board meetings and public functions.
(d) At school and out to dinner with guests.
3. How does Joley repay Jane, who rescued him from jail and kept in touch with him during his years of wanderlust?
(a) By giving her money.
(b) By calling her every day.
(c) By believing in her.
(d) By taking her for granted.
4. What job does Jane have?
(a) She is a speech pathologist for the San Diego school system.
(b) She is a principal for the San Diego school system.
(c) She is a nurse for the San Diego school system.
(d) She is a teacher for the San Diego school system.
5. How does Mother try to help Joley sleep?
(a) She buys Joley a machine that plays water sounds.
(b) She gives him sleeping pills.
(c) She sings him a lullabye.
(d) She buys him a television to watch.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Jane long to be?
2. In his first letter to Jane, about what does Joley write?
3. What does Jane remember about being ten years old with her father?
4. With what was Sam fascinated when he was a child?
5. Emotionally repressed Oliver attempts to get back to work by doing what?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)