|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16, Rebecca July 25, 1990.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Rebecca meet at the diner?
(a) Hadley's mother.
(b) Her mother.
(d) An older woman named Mrs. Phipps.
2. What does Rebecca do to stay warm?
(a) She turns up the heat.
(b) She wears many layers.
(c) She constructs a makeshift igloo of frozen foods.
(d) She wraps a blanket around her body.
3. What does Joley say when she tells him about leaving Oliver?
(a) He tells her to try to work things out.
(b) He tells her to take a vacation.
(c) He tells her get a divorce.
(d) He directs her to come to him.
4. How much time does Oliver think the most efficient course of action to find his wife and daughter will require?
(a) Six months.
(b) A week.
(c) A month.
(d) A year.
5. In his second letter to Jane, about what does Joley write?
(a) His memories of school.
(b) His memories of when he and Jane were teenagers.
(c) His memories when he was nine and Jane was thirteen and he would sneak into her room at night while their parents fought.
(d) His memories of their trip last summer.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Jane's father react when Jane scares away the animals?
2. When Sam repairs the gramophone, what kind of music does it play?
3. When the orchard suffered a parasite causing loss of half of the crop when Sam was fourteen, how did he comfort himself?
4. Why will Oliver not be at Rebecca's fifteenth birthday?
5. Where does Oliver long to be?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)