|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16, Rebecca July 25, 1990.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With what was Sam fascinated when he was a child?
(a) His father's broken gramophone.
(b) His brother's broken gramophone.
(c) His mother's broken gramophone.
(d) His sister's broken gramophone.
2. How does Jane's father react when Jane scares away the animals?
(a) He becomes slightly annoyed.
(b) He laughs.
(c) He is surprised.
(d) He becomes enraged.
3. In his first letter to Jane, about what does Joley write?
(a) His family.
(b) Her problems.
(c) Their childhood trip to the circus.
(d) His life.
4. Why will Oliver not be at Rebecca's fifteenth birthday?
(a) He has committed to a whale watching expedition off the coast of South America.
(b) He is being forced to work.
(c) He does not want to be there.
(d) He will be in China.
5. How does Mother try to help Joley sleep?
(a) She gives him sleeping pills.
(b) She buys Joley a machine that plays water sounds.
(c) She buys him a television to watch.
(d) She sings him a lullabye.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Oliver confidently form a plan to track Jane and Rebecca?
2. In his instructions for the next leg of the journey, where does Joley direct Jane?
3. What does Jane remember about the day before her wedding?
4. In his second letter to Jane, about what does Joley write?
5. Emotionally repressed Oliver attempts to get back to work by doing what?
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)