|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 23-25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hadley do with Rebecca when she arrives at his mother's home?
(a) He hides her in a shed.
(b) He hides her from his mother by packing supplies and hiking with Rebecca to a campsite on Mt. Deception behind his house.
(c) He introduces her to his mother.
(d) He hides her in his room.
2. When the orchard suffered a parasite causing loss of half of the crop when Sam was fourteen, how did he comfort himself?
(a) By learning to fix appliances.
(b) By learning about electronics.
(c) By learning how to sing.
(d) By learning how to play music.
3. When Sam repairs the gramophone, what kind of music does it play?
(a) Swing music.
(c) Garbled Madonna music.
4. What does Jane find when they reach Jake's?
(a) An airfield where pilot Jake offers flights over the canyons.
(b) A flight museum that has many planes on display.
(c) A diner.
(d) A museum.
5. After years of being unwilling to swim, what happens to Jane?
(a) She dips her toe in the water.
(b) She falls into the water.
(c) She now regains her love of the water.
(d) She almost drowns.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rebecca do to stay warm?
2. On July 25, 1990, fifteen-year-old Rebecca is hitchhiking to Hadley's mother's home alone on a rainy night with whom?
3. In his instructions for the next leg of the journey, where does Joley direct Jane?
4. With what was Sam fascinated when he was a child?
5. How does Mother try to help Joley sleep?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)