|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 23-25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Mother try to help Joley sleep?
(a) She sings him a lullabye.
(b) She buys him a television to watch.
(c) She gives him sleeping pills.
(d) She buys Joley a machine that plays water sounds.
2. Emotionally repressed Oliver attempts to get back to work by doing what?
(a) Drafting an article on humpback whales for the Journal of Mammology.
(b) Setting up meetings with other researchers.
(c) Heading to the east coast to observe whales.
(d) Working in a zoo.
3. How long do Jane and Oliver date before they make love?
(a) Five years.
(b) Four years.
(c) Three years.
(d) Two years.
4. What does Rebecca do to stay warm?
(a) She constructs a makeshift igloo of frozen foods.
(b) She wears many layers.
(c) She wraps a blanket around her body.
(d) She turns up the heat.
5. In his second letter to Jane, about what does Joley write?
(a) His memories of their trip last summer.
(b) His memories of school.
(c) His memories when he was nine and Jane was thirteen and he would sneak into her room at night while their parents fought.
(d) His memories of when he and Jane were teenagers.
Short Answer Questions
1. In his instructions for the next leg of the journey, where does Joley direct Jane?
2. Who does Rebecca meet at the diner?
3. At a diner, how do Jane and Rebecca introduce themselves?
4. Why does Sam undergo two operations?
5. When Sam repairs the gramophone, what kind of music does it play?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)