|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 23-25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Jane feel when Oliver stops having sex with her?
(a) She is not worried.
(b) She is angry that he will not do what she wants.
(c) She is relieved that he is leaving her alone.
(d) She is afraid he is going to break up with her.
2. What does Rebecca do to stay warm?
(a) She turns up the heat.
(b) She constructs a makeshift igloo of frozen foods.
(c) She wears many layers.
(d) She wraps a blanket around her body.
3. When their mother found Joley in Jane's room one morning what did she do?
(a) She warned him to stay in his own room at night.
(b) She warned him not to leave.
(c) She told him to stay quiet.
(d) She told him to sleep in the living room.
4. In his second letter to Jane, about what does Joley write?
(a) His memories of when he and Jane were teenagers.
(b) His memories when he was nine and Jane was thirteen and he would sneak into her room at night while their parents fought.
(c) His memories of school.
(d) His memories of their trip last summer.
5. After the funeral, how does Joley find Jane?
(a) Crying on the pew.
(b) Standing over the casket with her hand raised to strike.
(c) Yelling at their mother.
(d) Sitting still and staring off into space.
Short Answer Questions
1. Emotionally repressed Oliver attempts to get back to work by doing what?
2. With what was Sam fascinated when he was a child?
3. On July 25, 1990, fifteen-year-old Rebecca is hitchhiking to Hadley's mother's home alone on a rainy night with whom?
4. How does Mother try to help Joley sleep?
5. When Sam repairs the gramophone, what kind of music does it play?
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)