|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 23-25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With what was Sam fascinated when he was a child?
(a) His mother's broken gramophone.
(b) His sister's broken gramophone.
(c) His brother's broken gramophone.
(d) His father's broken gramophone.
2. When Sam repairs the gramophone, what kind of music does it play?
(b) Garbled Madonna music.
(c) Swing music.
3. What does Jane find when they reach Jake's?
(a) An airfield where pilot Jake offers flights over the canyons.
(b) A museum.
(c) A flight museum that has many planes on display.
(d) A diner.
4. In his instructions for the next leg of the journey, where does Joley direct Jane?
(a) To Salt Lake City.
(b) To Las Vegas.
(c) To Lincoln.
(d) To Denver.
5. Where do Sam, Hadley, Jane, Rebecca and Joley go for a picnic and to swim?
(a) Pickerington Pond.
(b) Pickerel Pond.
(c) Portage Park.
(d) Poughkeepsie Park.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the orchard suffered a parasite causing loss of half of the crop when Sam was fourteen, how did he comfort himself?
2. What does Sam's mother do with all the photos before the surgery?
3. At an ice cream parlor, what does Rebecca notice about her mother?
4. When their mother found Joley in Jane's room one morning what did she do?
5. How does Jane's father react when Jane scares away the animals?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)