|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 23-25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Does Jane feel loss or grief about her father's death?
(c) Not at first.
2. Who does Rebecca meet at the diner?
(b) Hadley's mother.
(c) Her mother.
(d) An older woman named Mrs. Phipps.
3. In his second letter to Jane, about what does Joley write?
(a) His memories of when he and Jane were teenagers.
(b) His memories of their trip last summer.
(c) His memories of school.
(d) His memories when he was nine and Jane was thirteen and he would sneak into her room at night while their parents fought.
4. After the funeral, how does Joley find Jane?
(a) Yelling at their mother.
(b) Standing over the casket with her hand raised to strike.
(c) Crying on the pew.
(d) Sitting still and staring off into space.
5. That night, what do Hadley and Rebecca promise?
(a) To never see each other again.
(b) To run away.
(c) To find a way to be together.
(d) To get married.
Short Answer Questions
1. What would their father do when he came home drunk?
2. On the highway between the Grand Canyon and Salt Lake City, who does Jane race against?
3. With what was Sam fascinated when he was a child?
4. Emotionally repressed Oliver attempts to get back to work by doing what?
5. Where do Sam, Hadley, Jane, Rebecca and Joley go for a picnic and to swim?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)