|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 23-25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Sam undergo two operations?
(a) He has cancer.
(b) He cannot walk.
(c) He is cross-eyed.
(d) He has trouble hearing.
2. Where do Sam, Hadley, Jane, Rebecca and Joley go for a picnic and to swim?
(a) Pickerington Pond.
(b) Portage Park.
(c) Pickerel Pond.
(d) Poughkeepsie Park.
3. Who does Rebecca meet at the diner?
(b) Her mother.
(c) An older woman named Mrs. Phipps.
(d) Hadley's mother.
4. That night, what do Hadley and Rebecca promise?
(a) To run away.
(b) To never see each other again.
(c) To find a way to be together.
(d) To get married.
5. When the orchard suffered a parasite causing loss of half of the crop when Sam was fourteen, how did he comfort himself?
(a) By learning how to sing.
(b) By learning how to play music.
(c) By learning about electronics.
(d) By learning to fix appliances.
Short Answer Questions
1. At a diner, how do Jane and Rebecca introduce themselves?
2. In his instructions for the next leg of the journey, where does Joley direct Jane?
3. Does Jane feel loss or grief about her father's death?
4. What does Jane find when they reach Jake's?
5. With what was Sam fascinated when he was a child?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)