|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 23-25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. That night, what do Hadley and Rebecca promise?
(a) To run away.
(b) To find a way to be together.
(c) To never see each other again.
(d) To get married.
2. What does Rebecca do to stay warm?
(a) She turns up the heat.
(b) She wears many layers.
(c) She wraps a blanket around her body.
(d) She constructs a makeshift igloo of frozen foods.
3. Where do Sam, Hadley, Jane, Rebecca and Joley go for a picnic and to swim?
(a) Pickerington Pond.
(b) Poughkeepsie Park.
(c) Pickerel Pond.
(d) Portage Park.
4. How does Mother try to help Joley sleep?
(a) She gives him sleeping pills.
(b) She buys him a television to watch.
(c) She buys Joley a machine that plays water sounds.
(d) She sings him a lullabye.
5. After years of being unwilling to swim, what happens to Jane?
(a) She dips her toe in the water.
(b) She now regains her love of the water.
(c) She falls into the water.
(d) She almost drowns.
Short Answer Questions
1. Emotionally repressed Oliver attempts to get back to work by doing what?
2. At an ice cream parlor, what does Rebecca notice about her mother?
3. Does Jane feel loss or grief about her father's death?
4. Why does Sam undergo two operations?
5. In his instructions for the next leg of the journey, where does Joley direct Jane?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)