|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 57.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Oliver describes the procedure he used to free the whale, what does he do?
(a) He makes a plea for help in finding his wife and child.
(b) He continues his search for his wife.
(c) He quietly mentions his wife and daughter.
(d) He goes home.
2. Jane describes the mutual disgust between who?
(a) The technical school-bound children of Newton and the Minuteman Tech college-bound students.
(b) The college-bound children of Newton and the Minuteman Tech students.
(c) Jane and Sam.
(d) The college-bound children of Newton and the Minuteman Tech college-bound students.
3. How is Hadley treating Rebecca the day after Rebecca confided her life story to him?
(a) He is avoiding her.
(b) He is kind to her.
(c) He talks to her.
(d) He follows her around.
4. Why does Sam react rudely, driving Jane from the table?
(a) He holds a grudge against Newton girls like Jane.
(b) He finds her unattractive and annoying.
(c) He does not like her.
(d) He is in a bad mood.
5. What can Jane's snobbishness not accept?
(a) Happiness outside of fame.
(c) Happiness outside of wealth.
(d) Happiness outside of greater academic achievement.
Short Answer Questions
1. Oliver goes to Gloucester where he meets who?
2. Is Oliver successful at saving the whale?
3. How are Jane and Rebecca's roles reversed?
4. On the ride back to shore, about what does Oliver confide?
5. Why does Joley feel this way about sending Rebecca back to Oliver?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)