|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Bobby think Gupta must die?
2. What is the dark room covered in?
3. How does Bobby travel to see Das?
4. How did most of Abe's family die?
5. What does Das say is the only thing that matters?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Bobby to to overcome the darkness of Kali when he is with Amrita?
2. What happens to Bobby's marriage after Victoria's death?
3. How did Victoria go missing?
4. What does Bobby do when he gets to the Calcutta Airport alone?
5. How does Bobby feel about Calcutta after leaving Das, and why is this so strange?
6. What does Amrita not allow while Victoria is missing?
7. What happens to Bobby as he listens to Das speak?
8. What happens when Bobby follows the advice he gets from the rickshaw driver?
9. What does Bobby threaten in order to get his wanted interview with Das?
10. How does Das die the second time?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Despair was a theme that was placed in a number of sensitive places in this plot. What are some of these places, and what role did despair play in this book?
Essay Topic 2
Bobby endures many different trials before the end of the book. What are some of these trials and what lessons does he learn through these experiences?
Essay Topic 3
Shame and propriety are common themes throughout this book. What are some of the instances where these themes are present, and why are they so important to the characters involved?
This section contains 687 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)