|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Das say is the only thing that matters?
2. When did Das start to get sick?
3. What does Abe leave to Bobby when he dies?
4. Where does Krishna meet Bobby after he gets the manuscript?
5. How long had Victoria been dead when she was found?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Bobby follows the advice he gets from the rickshaw driver?
2. What were Bobby's last words to Victoria?
3. What caused Bobby to not touch guns in his adult life?
4. How does Bobby feel about Calcutta after leaving Das, and why is this so strange?
5. What monetary advice does the rickshaw driver give to Amrita?
6. What does Bobby promise to send Das, and why?
7. What does Bobby to to overcome the darkness of Kali when he is with Amrita?
8. What law does Bobby break as he is on his way to meet Das?
9. What does Bobby do when he gets to the Calcutta Airport alone?
10. How did Victoria go missing?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The Kapalikas presented a very interesting and unique philosophy on life. What was this philosophy, and how did this different idealism affect the people around them?
Essay Topic 2
Fear is a common theme in this book that is presented a number of times by many characters. What are some of these instances, and how does fear affect the characters in the book?
Essay Topic 3
Diversity was a major theme in this book as many different life-styles and ranks in society were involved. How was this theme shown in this book, and why do you think the author felt it was so important?
This section contains 655 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)