|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What bothers Chatterjee about Bobby getting the manuscript?
2. Who does Bobby see dancing over Calcutta?
3. How did Das end up drowning?
4. What work does Bobby find stimulating at the end of the book?
5. What study of Stephen Hawking does Amrita study?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the Parsees dispose of their dead, and why?
2. What does Bobby to to overcome the darkness of Kali when he is with Amrita?
3. What does Bobby do when he gets to the Calcutta Airport alone?
4. What monetary advice does the rickshaw driver give to Amrita?
5. What were Bobby's last words to Victoria?
6. What does Amrita not allow while Victoria is missing?
7. What does Bobby promise to send Das, and why?
8. How does Das die the second time?
9. What does Bobby dream about after reading Das' manuscript?
10. What caused Bobby to not touch guns in his adult life?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Bobby and Das are deeply affected by poetry. How did this interest in this particular literary genre come to be, and what affect does this have on Bobby and Das's ability to relate to each other?
Essay Topic 2
Shame and propriety are common themes throughout this book. What are some of the instances where these themes are present, and why are they so important to the characters involved?
Essay Topic 3
Diversity was a major theme in this book as many different life-styles and ranks in society were involved. How was this theme shown in this book, and why do you think the author felt it was so important?
This section contains 681 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)