|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Bobby invite Krishna to get the manuscript with him?
2. What is Victoria's coffin made out of?
3. How much does Bobby pay to get onto a free taxi?
4. Where do Bobby and Amrita move at the end of the book?
5. Why is Amrita so upset when she meets Bobby at the hotel?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Das discuss the Song of Kali in his manuscript?
2. How does Bobby receive Das' manuscript?
3. What does Bobby promise to send Das, and why?
4. How do the Parsees dispose of their dead, and why?
5. What is symbolic about Bobby placing Victoria's body in the transport coffin?
6. What kind of hoops does Bobby have to jump through to get Victoria's body home?
7. What happens to Bobby's marriage after Victoria's death?
8. What makes Bobby so angry when he is loaded into a green van?
9. What monetary advice does the rickshaw driver give to Amrita?
10. What happens when Bobby follows the advice he gets from the rickshaw driver?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Power and greed were two common themes in this book. Where did they appear, and how do they differ in their manifestations?
Essay Topic 2
Shame and propriety are common themes throughout this book. What are some of the instances where these themes are present, and why are they so important to the characters involved?
Essay Topic 3
The Kapalikas presented a very interesting and unique philosophy on life. What was this philosophy, and how did this different idealism affect the people around them?
This section contains 650 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)