|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Don Warden work for?
2. What does Tagore write about his coma?
3. Why does Abe tell Bobby he has to continue his work?
4. What helps Amrita heal after moving?
5. What is emphasized at Jain's Temple?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Bobby's marriage after Victoria's death?
2. What happens to Bobby as he listens to Das speak?
3. How does Das discuss the Song of Kali in his manuscript?
4. What does Abe want Bobby to do with Other Voices after his death?
5. What happens when Bobby follows the advice he gets from the rickshaw driver?
6. How does Bobby feel about Calcutta after leaving Das, and why is this so strange?
7. What kind of hoops does Bobby have to jump through to get Victoria's body home?
8. What is symbolic about Bobby placing Victoria's body in the transport coffin?
9. How do the Parsees dispose of their dead, and why?
10. What were Bobby's last words to Victoria?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The Kapalikas presented a very interesting and unique philosophy on life. What was this philosophy, and how did this different idealism affect the people around them?
Essay Topic 2
Fear is a common theme in this book that is presented a number of times by many characters. What are some of these instances, and how does fear affect the characters in the book?
Essay Topic 3
Diversity was a major theme in this book as many different life-styles and ranks in society were involved. How was this theme shown in this book, and why do you think the author felt it was so important?
This section contains 669 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)