|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does Bobby wander around on foot in India?
2. Why does Bobby think Gupta must die?
3. What does Das call Kali?
4. How does Bobby describe the Kali poem to Das?
5. What is Manny's occupation?
Short Essay Questions
1. What kind of hoops does Bobby have to jump through to get Victoria's body home?
2. What does Bobby do when he gets to the Calcutta Airport alone?
3. What makes Bobby so angry when he is loaded into a green van?
4. What does Bobby dream about after reading Das' manuscript?
5. How does Das die the second time?
6. How does Bobby feel about Calcutta after leaving Das, and why is this so strange?
7. What does Bobby threaten in order to get his wanted interview with Das?
8. How does Bobby receive Das' manuscript?
9. How do the Parsees dispose of their dead, and why?
10. What does Abe want Bobby to do with Other Voices after his death?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Power and greed were two common themes in this book. Where did they appear, and how do they differ in their manifestations?
Essay Topic 2
Sacrifice was a theme that was very prevalent in this book. Who were the characters most affected by this theme, and how did they allow sacrifice to change their lives?
Essay Topic 3
Bobby and Das are deeply affected by poetry. How did this interest in this particular literary genre come to be, and what affect does this have on Bobby and Das's ability to relate to each other?
This section contains 672 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)