|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Muktananandaji's corpse die?
2. Why will it be hard for Bobby to find the person he wants to interview in India?
3. How does Bobby describe his daughter the night before his trip?
4. What does Gupta refuse to let Bobby do?
5. Who was supposed to pick Bobby up from the airport?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Krishna reprimand Bobby for, and why?
2. Why is Bobby the one being sent to India?
3. Why is Bobby planning to go to India?
4. Why does Das say his work has changed since his disappearance?
5. What does Muktananandaji's story have to do with Das?
6. What does Gupta emphasize to Bobby when they speak for the first time?
7. What makes Bobby feel strange while making love to Amrita the night before the trip?
8. How do people treat Muktananandaji after the Kapalika meeting, and why?
9. What does the Brahman tell Muktananandaji after the second meeting is over?
10. Where does Sanjay go to get his dead body?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does Bobby and Amrita's relationship change throughout the course of the book, and why?
Essay Topic 2
Bobby endures many different trials before the end of the book. What are some of these trials and what lessons does he learn through these experiences?
Essay Topic 3
Bobby and Das are deeply affected by poetry. How did this interest in this particular literary genre come to be, and what affect does this have on Bobby and Das's ability to relate to each other?
This section contains 623 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)