|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What two words does Amrita use to describe India?
2. Who does the person who picks up Bobby from the airport want to talk about?
3. What title does Gupta have?
4. Where was Muktananandaji raised?
5. What does Bobby not get from his meeting with Krishna that he hoped for?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where did Amrita grow up?
2. What does Bobby think about when he sees the lights of Calcutta?
3. Who is Krishna, and what does he do for Bobby?
4. Why was Abe in Calcutta once before?
5. Why is Bobby planning to go to India?
6. What surprises Bobby about the statue of Kali in the museum?
7. What makes Bobby feel strange while making love to Amrita the night before the trip?
8. What does Bobby give money to Muktananandaji for?
9. What is Krishna upset about when he meets Bobby at the coffee shop?
10. What does Krishna reprimand Bobby for, and why?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Bobby endures many different trials before the end of the book. What are some of these trials and what lessons does he learn through these experiences?
Essay Topic 2
Despair was a theme that was placed in a number of sensitive places in this plot. What are some of these places, and what role did despair play in this book?
Essay Topic 3
Fear is a common theme in this book that is presented a number of times by many characters. What are some of these instances, and how does fear affect the characters in the book?
This section contains 570 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)