|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of birds are all over at Ashutosh?
2. What happens when the power at the meeting goes out?
3. Who is Vladimir Nabokov?
4. Where in India is Bobby planning on going?
5. What is the last thing to be sacrificed at the second meeting?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Bobby think Amrita is hiding the night before their trip?
2. Where did Amrita grow up?
3. Why does Bobby say he can't use Muktananandaji's story for the magazine?
4. What happens after the candles are re-lit at the second meeting?
5. What does Krishna reprimand Bobby for, and why?
6. What makes Bobby feel strange while making love to Amrita the night before the trip?
7. Why does Bobby get so angry as he is taken to his hotel?
8. What about the Indian language does Bobby not like?
9. What happens after the six initiates draw straws?
10. What is Amrita doing while discussing the trip with Bobby the night before they leave?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What happens at the Kapalika meetings, and how is Bobby affected by this?
Essay Topic 2
How does Bobby and Amrita's relationship change throughout the course of the book, and why?
Essay Topic 3
Who is Kali, and what does she do to gain followers?
This section contains 544 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)