|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was Muktananandaji sent to university?
2. What does Gupta emphasize in his meeting with Bobby?
3. Who tells Bobby about Kali?
4. What title does Gupta have?
5. What is Ashutosh?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Muktananandaji told when he is made a Kapalika initiate?
2. How did Calcutta get its name?
3. How do Indians dispose of the bodies of dead animals and humans?
4. What makes Bobby feel strange while making love to Amrita the night before the trip?
5. What does Krishna tell Bobby about Kali?
6. What does Sanjay do to get Muktananandaji to get to the second meeting and why?
7. What does the Brahman tell Muktananandaji after the second meeting is over?
8. What does Abe say is different about the recent postings of an Indian poet?
9. Who is Krishna, and what does he do for Bobby?
10. Why does Bobby struggle with the Bengali poetry in India?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are some things about India that differ greatly from the US, and how did these differences affect this plot?
Essay Topic 2
Which character did you relate with the most in this book? Why is this? How did this character change throughout the book?
Essay Topic 3
How does Bobby and Amrita's relationship change throughout the course of the book, and why?
This section contains 596 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)