|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Ashutosh?
2. Who tells Bobby about Kali?
3. Where does Bobby eat breakast while he is in India?
4. Who does the person who picks up Bobby from the airport want to talk about?
5. At what age did Bobby's wife leave India?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where did Amrita grow up?
2. What happens after the candles are re-lit at the second meeting?
3. What does Gupta emphasize to Bobby when they speak for the first time?
4. What makes Muktananandaji's corpse so disgusting?
5. Who is Krishna, and what does he do for Bobby?
6. What does Sanjay do to get Muktananandaji to get to the second meeting and why?
7. How do Indians dispose of the bodies of dead animals and humans?
8. What does the idol of Kali look like?
9. What does Bobby think Amrita is hiding the night before their trip?
10. What is Amrita doing while discussing the trip with Bobby the night before they leave?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are some of the key examples of gratitude in this book, and how do these instances affect that characters involved in those scenes?
Essay Topic 2
How does Bobby and Amrita's relationship change throughout the course of the book, and why?
Essay Topic 3
Despair was a theme that was placed in a number of sensitive places in this plot. What are some of these places, and what role did despair play in this book?
This section contains 552 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)