|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does pick up Bobby from the airport?
2. When did Amrita see a ghost in India?
3. Who does Bobby think would try to scam him in India?
4. What two words does Amrita use to describe India?
5. Who do the Kapalikas serve?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens after the candles are re-lit at the second meeting?
2. What does Chatterjee read at the meeting with Bobby?
3. Who is Krishna, and what does he do for Bobby?
4. What surprises Bobby about the statue of Kali in the museum?
5. What does Bobby think about when he sees the lights of Calcutta?
6. Why does Bobby say he can't use Muktananandaji's story for the magazine?
7. What does Muktananandaji's story have to do with Das?
8. What does Bobby think Amrita is hiding the night before their trip?
9. How do Indians dispose of the bodies of dead animals and humans?
10. What does the idol of Kali look like?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The Kapalikas presented a very interesting and unique philosophy on life. What was this philosophy, and how did this different idealism affect the people around them?
Essay Topic 2
Who is Kali, and what does she do to gain followers?
Essay Topic 3
Fear is a common theme in this book that is presented a number of times by many characters. What are some of these instances, and how does fear affect the characters in the book?
This section contains 568 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)