|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bobby think is wrong with his meeting with Krishna?
2. Who is Kali?
3. Who tells Bobby about Kali?
4. What is Bobby's wife's name?
5. What weapon does Sanjay keep with him?
Short Essay Questions
1. What makes Muktananandaji's corpse so disgusting?
2. Why does Bobby say he can't use Muktananandaji's story for the magazine?
3. What about the Indian language does Bobby not like?
4. Where did Amrita grow up?
5. What happens after the candles are re-lit at the second meeting?
6. How did Calcutta get its name?
7. What happens after the six initiates draw straws?
8. Where does Sanjay go to get his dead body?
9. What does Bobby think about when he sees the lights of Calcutta?
10. What surprises Bobby about the statue of Kali in the museum?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What were some of the forms of foreshadowing used in this book, and how did those moments affect the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 2
Bobby endures many different trials before the end of the book. What are some of these trials and what lessons does he learn through these experiences?
Essay Topic 3
This book takes place in a few different settings. Describe some of these settings and how they affected the course of the plot. Why might Simmons have chosen these particular places for this plot to take place?
This section contains 550 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)