|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Das call Kali?
(a) His Dark Mother.
(b) His Reason.
(c) His Savior.
(d) His Patron Saint.
2. Why do bus passengers shrink away from Bobby?
(a) He smells bad.
(b) He is covered in blood.
(c) He is white.
(d) He is shirtless.
3. What does Das say most people are motivated by?
(a) All of these.
(b) Good intentions.
4. How is Kali born in Das' manuscript?
(a) From the fires of a volcano.
(b) From the dying blood of a demon.
(c) From another God's forehead.
(d) From the stars.
5. What does Tagore think his life is meant to do?
(a) Change the world.
(b) Amuse the Gods.
(c) Perpetuate his race.
(d) Raise a family.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bobby hear loud in his head on his way to India?
2. How many steps does Bobby carry Victoria's coffin?
3. What does Abe leave to Bobby when he dies?
4. What lie did Kamakhya tell?
5. What does Bobby see in the eyes of the man in the dark room?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Bobby's marriage after Victoria's death?
2. What monetary advice does the rickshaw driver give to Amrita?
3. How does Bobby receive Das' manuscript?
4. What happens when Bobby follows the advice he gets from the rickshaw driver?
5. What is symbolic about Bobby placing Victoria's body in the transport coffin?
6. What does Bobby dream about after reading Das' manuscript?
7. What does Bobby promise to send Das, and why?
8. What were Bobby's last words to Victoria?
9. What makes Bobby so angry when he is loaded into a green van?
10. How does Das die the second time?
This section contains 654 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)