|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Chatterjee upset when Bobby comes to get the manuscript?
(a) He is late.
(b) He does not bring the promised funds.
(c) Amrita is not there.
(d) Krishna is with him.
2. How does Bobby travel to see Das?
(a) He walks.
(b) He rides the train.
(c) He drives a car.
(d) He is taken in a rickshaw.
3. When does Bobby plan to read the manuscript?
(a) On the plane ride home.
(b) When he gets home.
(c) As soon as Chatterjee goes home.
(d) In his hotel room.
4. What application was denied to Krishna?
(a) A job at the museum.
(b) The Writer's union.
(c) A library member.
(d) Dual citizenship.
5. What bothers Chatterjee about Bobby getting the manuscript?
(a) He was not in control of the situation.
(b) He did not get to look at it first.
(c) He was not given a duplicate.
(d) He did not see Das.
Short Answer Questions
1. What reminds Bobby of Kali at the end of the book?
2. What does Das say is the only thing that matters?
3. What is the dark room covered in?
4. What does Bobby visit in Maidan Park?
5. Why does Bobby refuse to cremate Victoria?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Victoria go missing?
2. What were Bobby's last words to Victoria?
3. What caused Bobby to not touch guns in his adult life?
4. What does Bobby do when he gets to the Calcutta Airport alone?
5. What is symbolic about Bobby placing Victoria's body in the transport coffin?
6. What does Bobby to to overcome the darkness of Kali when he is with Amrita?
7. What does Bobby promise to send Das, and why?
8. What kind of hoops does Bobby have to jump through to get Victoria's body home?
9. What happens to Bobby's marriage after Victoria's death?
10. How does Das die the second time?
This section contains 687 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)