|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Muktananandaji's corpse painted?
(a) The back.
(b) The cheeks.
(c) The hands.
(d) The eyes.
2. Who is Kali?
(a) A princess.
(b) A fabled ghost.
(c) A writer.
(d) A goddess.
3. What does Amrita do for Bobby on the way from the airport to the hotel?
(a) Translates for him.
(b) Restrains him.
(c) Feeds him.
(d) Covers him.
4. Where was Muktananandaji raised?
(a) A convent.
(b) A village.
(c) A hospital.
(d) An ophanage.
5. Who tells Bobby about Kali?
(b) Vladimir Nabokov.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where in India is Bobby planning on going?
2. Who does Bobby hope to interview in India?
3. What surprises Muktananandaji about the Kapalikas?
4. Who tells Bobby about Das' disappearance?
5. Who did Amrita see a ghost of in India?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the second duty of a Kapalika initiate?
2. What does Sanjay do to get Muktananandaji to get to the second meeting and why?
3. What does the idol of Kali look like?
4. Why does Bobby say he can't use Muktananandaji's story for the magazine?
5. What does Bobby think about when he sees the lights of Calcutta?
6. Who is Krishna, and what does he do for Bobby?
7. Why does Bobby struggle with the Bengali poetry in India?
8. Why was Abe in Calcutta once before?
9. What does Muktananandaji's story have to do with Das?
10. What is Krishna upset about when he meets Bobby at the coffee shop?
This section contains 546 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)