|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Bobby's wife from?
(c) Sri Lanka.
2. Where did Bobby work while he was in college?
(a) A janitorial crew.
(b) A train station.
(c) A hotel.
(d) A furniture warehouse.
3. Where do Bobby and his wife talk the night before their trip?
(a) A restaurant.
(b) The porch.
(c) A hotel.
(d) Their bedroom.
4. What time does Bobby get to India?
(c) 3:00 pm.
(d) 3:00 am.
5. Where was Muktananandaji raised?
(a) A convent.
(b) An ophanage.
(c) A hospital.
(d) A village.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sanjay pretend to be at the Naidu Infectious Diseases Hospital?
2. Who bought Bobby's house for him?
3. What does Sanjay borrow before going to Ashutosh?
4. Who is Vladimir Nabokov?
5. Who does Muktananandaji beg during the second meeting?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Muktananandaji's story have to do with Das?
2. What is the second duty of a Kapalika initiate?
3. What happens after the candles are re-lit at the second meeting?
4. What makes Muktananandaji's corpse so disgusting?
5. What does Abe say is different about the recent postings of an Indian poet?
6. What is Muktananandaji told when he is made a Kapalika initiate?
7. What does Bobby think about when he sees the lights of Calcutta?
8. Why does Bobby say he can't use Muktananandaji's story for the magazine?
9. How do Indians dispose of the bodies of dead animals and humans?
10. What does Chatterjee read at the meeting with Bobby?
This section contains 580 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)