|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What disease does the man in the dark room have?
2. What does the small boy have in his hands when Bobby is led to Das?
(a) A book.
(b) A canvas bag.
(c) A faded wallet.
(d) A shopping basket.
3. How does Chatterjee feel when Krishna talks about Tagore?
4. Who does Bobby see dancing over Calcutta?
(d) His mother.
5. How much does Bobby pay to get onto a free taxi?
6. Why does Bobby think Gupta must die?
(a) For his lack of help.
(b) For his complicity.
(c) For his invitation to India.
(d) For his relationship to Kamakhya.
7. What does Das say most people are motivated by?
(a) Good intentions.
(d) All of these.
8. Why does Bobby refuse to cremate Victoria?
(a) Victoria is so small.
(b) Krishna wanted that.
(c) There is a fee.
(d) Kali is the goddess of cremation.
9. How long is Das's manuscript?
(a) 600 pages.
(b) 500 pages.
(c) 400 pages.
(d) 300 pages.
10. Where does Chowdury die?
(a) A hospital.
(c) His bedroom.
(d) The hotel.
11. Who causes the most trouble for Bobby to get back to London?
12. How did most of Abe's family die?
(a) They were in an airplane crash.
(b) They were killed in Holocaust.
(c) They died of cancer.
(d) They committed suicide.
13. Why is Chatterjee upset when Bobby comes to get the manuscript?
(a) Amrita is not there.
(b) Krishna is with him.
(c) He does not bring the promised funds.
(d) He is late.
14. How is Kali born in Das' manuscript?
(a) From the fires of a volcano.
(b) From the dying blood of a demon.
(c) From another God's forehead.
(d) From the stars.
15. What is Manny's occupation?
(a) A museum curator.
(b) A librarian.
(c) A farmer.
(d) A bookseller.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Bobby plan to read the manuscript?
2. Why does Singh meet Bobby at the hotel?
3. What lie did Kamakhya tell?
4. What does Bobby do with the bag he gets from Krishna after getting the manuscript?
5. What gift does Das give Bobby?
This section contains 388 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)