|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Abe know Bobby?
(a) They went to school together.
(b) He is Bobby's uncle.
(c) He is Bobby's publisher.
(d) They are neighbors.
2. Why was Muktananandaji sent to university?
(a) To lessen the strain on his family.
(b) To prove his worth to his mother.
(c) To raise the family status.
(d) To pay back his uncle.
3. Who is Vladimir Nabokov?
(a) A soldier.
(b) A writer.
(c) A politician.
(d) A fabled ghost.
4. Where is Muktananandaji's corpse painted?
(a) The cheeks.
(b) The eyes.
(c) The back.
(d) The hands.
5. What does Chatterjee invite Bobby to?
(a) A movie.
(b) A game of golf.
(c) Some parties in the area.
(d) Tea at his house.
6. What is the Sataphatha Brahmana?
(a) A scripture.
(b) A song.
(c) A book.
(d) A symbol.
7. What is bobby most impressed by when he first gets to Calcutta?
(a) The sounds.
(b) The colors.
(c) The lights.
(d) The buildings.
8. Where in India is Bobby planning on going?
9. How does Bobby describe the Indian accent?
10. What does Muktananandaji want to do while his corpse is painted?
11. Who befriended Muktananandaji at University?
(a) A janitor.
(b) A teacher.
(c) A classmate.
(d) A counsellor.
12. What is the Sassoon?
(a) A morgue.
(b) A slaughterhouse.
(c) A whore house.
(d) A salon.
13. Who bought Bobby's house for him?
(a) His father.
(b) His editor.
(c) His wife.
(d) His grandfather.
14. Where does the priest cut the initiates at the second meeting?
(a) Their legs.
(b) Their cheeks.
(c) Their palms.
(d) Their stomachs.
15. Who teaches Muktananandaji to be fugal?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Krishna stop telling about Muktananandaji?
2. What surprises Muktananandaji about the Kapalikas?
3. What does Muktananandaji beg for at the second meeting?
4. Who does Bobby hope to interview in India?
5. Where does Bobby eat breakast while he is in India?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)