|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the last fully formed memory that Claire has of her final moments in the community?
(a) The back of her son's head as the male Nurturer rides away on the bicycle.
(b) Weeping uncontrollably.
(c) Skipping rope with a few of the other Fish Hatchery workers.
(d) Telling her son goodbye.
2. When Jeanette mentions that everyone liked her father, she says he had been quiet, but what?
3. How does the male Nurturer find out the name of Claire's son?
(a) He asks Claire her son's name.
(b) He writes to the Records Office.
(c) He sneaks into the office and looks at the records.
(d) He uses a magnifying class to examine the infant's name tattoo.
4. One of the workers at the Fish Hatchery says that the only reason Dimitri wants a spouse is so that he can have what?
(a) A maid.
(b) A dwelling.
(c) A companion.
(d) A friend.
5. What problem does the male Nurturer say is still plaguing Claire's son, endangering the possibility of his being assigned to a parental unit?
(a) Frequent tantrums.
(b) Irregular sleep patterns.
(c) Lack of engagement with others.
(d) Poor digestion.
6. What reason does Claire give for her son's lack of distress upon her departure?
(a) He loves the male Nurturer.
(b) He knows she will be back.
(c) He has not formed attachments to anyone.
(d) He knows his mother would never leave him permanently.
7. When Jonas is skipped during the Twelves's part of the ceremony, the Chief Elder announces that Jonas is not being assigned, but is instead being what?
8. Of what actions does the funny face shared by Claire and her son consist?
(a) Eyes wide open and teeth bared.
(b) Tongue pushed into cheek and nose scrunched.
(c) Tongue out and eyes squeezed shut.
(d) Hands splayed next to ears and tongue out.
9. How old is Claire when she gives birth to the Product?
10. How many weeks pass between the birth of Claire's Product and the announcement that she has been decertified?
11. What name does she believe to be her son's after she overhears the male Nurturer using it?
12. Sophia tells Claire that the best time for her to come back to see her at the Nurturing Center is during what time?
(a) Play time.
(b) Indoctrination time.
(c) Nap time.
(d) Feeding time.
13. When Claire is at lunch and is surprised at her table mate's comment that going into labor causes pain, what word does she tell her table mate had been used within her instruction instead?
14. When Sophia reluctantly agrees to give Claire a tour of the Nurturing Center, what time does she say is approaching?
(a) Indoctrination time.
(b) Feeding time.
(c) Alpha ray time.
(d) Nap time.
15. What skill does Dimitri explain is unique to humans?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are the Vessels given blindfolds as they go into labor?
2. At what meal does Claire first realize that every other worker is taking a pill besides her?
3. What class had Claire and Sophia been in together at school?
4. The male Nurturer teaches Claire's son to respond in what way whenever Claire says bye-bye?
5. What item is NOT included in the letter sent to parental units being assigned a Newchild?
This section contains 602 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)