|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Two: Chapters 1-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when Claire visits the Nurturing Center for the last time and reaches for her son as he is playing on the floor?
(a) He bursts into tears.
(b) He hits her in the face.
(c) An announcement comes over the loudspeaker telling Claire to back away.
(d) A worker snatches him away.
2. Why do the children in the schoolyard gaze curiously at Claire when she is on her way to the Fish Hatchery?
(a) She is riding a scooter and everyone else drives cars.
(b) She is walking and everyone else rides bicycles.
(c) She is riding a bicycle and everyone else walks.
(d) She is riding a tandem bicycle with no one in the second seat.
3. Claire decides that if someone in authority tries to force her to take pills, she will do what before she gives up the love she feels for her son?
(a) Kill someone.
(c) Banish herself.
4. What is a selkie?
(a) A mythical seal creature.
(b) A mythical narwhal creature.
(c) A mythical walrus creature.
(d) A mythical mermaid creature.
5. What age group is the only group to be given their assignments on the second day of the Ceremony?
Short Answer Questions
1. What quality of the villagers' discovery of Claire is one they have never experienced before?
2. What name is given to Claire upon her arrival in the village?
3. Since giving birth to Bethan six years ago, how many children has Bryn lost before birth?
4. When Jeanette mentions that everyone liked her father, she says he had been quiet, but what?
5. What is the name of the male Nurturer's son?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)