|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Two: Chapters 1-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many months after his birth does Claire teach her son to say her name aloud?
2. What is the one detail of Claire's arrival in the village that remains constant over time?
(a) She had come from the sea.
(b) She had come from the sunshine.
(c) She had come from the river.
(d) She had come from the clouds.
3. What skill does Claire tell the boat worker that the members of her community are required to learn at the age of five?
(a) To rollerskate.
(b) To swim.
(c) To draw.
(d) To ride a bicycle.
4. For what purpose does the male Nurturer find out the name of Claire's infant son?
(a) As the result of a whim.
(b) In hopes of making him more responsive.
(c) In response to Claire's request.
(d) In response to a dream he had experienced.
5. Alys and Old Benedikt tell Tall Andras that Claire cannot be wed until what condition is met?
(a) Claire has regained her memory.
(b) The leader of the village gives his consent.
(c) Claire's parents are located.
(d) He proves to be a good provider.
Short Answer Questions
1. What adjective does the receptionist at the Nurturing Center use to describe Sophia?
2. What is the last fully formed memory that Claire has of her final moments in the community?
3. What name does she believe to be her son's after she overhears the male Nurturer using it?
4. What skill does Dimitri explain is unique to humans?
5. What type of animal inspires the greatest fear in Claire once she arrives in the village?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)