|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book One: Chapters 9-16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. One of the workers at the Fish Hatchery says that the only reason Dimitri wants a spouse is so that he can have what?
(a) A companion.
(b) A dwelling.
(c) A friend.
(d) A maid.
2. What keeps Claire from asking the boat worker the questions she would like to ask him about Elsewhere?
(a) She thinks that asking such is probably against the rules of the boat workers' union.
(b) She thinks that asking such questions is rude.
(c) She thinks that asking such questions is probably against the rules of the community.
(d) She thinks that asking such questions will make him think she is flirting with him.
3. When Claire sees the male Nurturer out on his bicycle, how many months has it been since they have seen one another?
4. When Sophia reluctantly agrees to give Claire a tour of the Nurturing Center, what time does she say is approaching?
(a) Nap time.
(b) Indoctrination time.
(c) Feeding time.
(d) Alpha ray time.
5. When Claire sees the male Nurturer on his bicycle, what does she see that gives her hope regarding his continued involvement with her son?
(a) A child seat attached to his bicycle.
(b) A diaper bag on his shoulder.
(c) A stuffed hippo attached to his bicycle basket.
(d) A spit-up stain on his jacket.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many Newchildren are allowed to be born each year within the community?
2. What is the process of birthing called in the community?
3. What skill does Claire tell the boat worker that the members of her community are required to learn at the age of five?
4. The male Nurturer teaches Claire's son to respond in what way whenever Claire says bye-bye?
5. What adjective does the receptionist at the Nurturing Center use to describe Sophia?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)