|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book One: Chapters 9-16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the reason that the boat workers are forced to wait one full day after the boat's arrival in order to unload the community's supplies?
(a) They have arrived on Ceremony Day and every community member is busy.
(b) They have to wait for gasoline to be delivered.
(c) They have arrived on Ceremony Day and the children of the boat workers always participate in the events.
(d) They must wait for the community's trash to be delivered to the boat before they can leave.
2. What item is NOT included in the letter sent to parental units being assigned a Newchild?
(a) Feeding information.
(b) Descriptions of personality traits.
(c) Health data.
(d) Discipline reminders.
3. In an attempt to make the family's least favorite meal sound more appealing, what does Claire's mother say every time it arrives?
(a) Its arrival means that at least they will not have it for another month.
(b) Its arrival means they will have a good dessert.
(c) It is high in vitamin D.
(d) It is better than nothing.
4. What excuse does the male Nurturer give when leaving work early on the last day Claire's son is at the Nurturing Center?
(a) He says he is sad about the child's coming murder.
(b) He says he has a feeling that his son Jonas needs him.
(c) He says he has a headache.
(d) He says he has a stomachache.
5. Though citizens of the community make their way around using only bicycles, large deliveries are transported by what type of vehicle?
(a) Coal carts.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what purpose does the male Nurturer find out the name of Claire's infant son?
2. Claire decides that if someone in authority tries to force her to take pills, she will do what before she gives up the love she feels for her son?
3. What task does Marie perform on the boat?
4. In what month of the year does the Ceremony always take place in the community?
5. When Jonas is skipped during the Twelves's part of the ceremony, the Chief Elder announces that Jonas is not being assigned, but is instead being what?
This section contains 383 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)