|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Two: Chapters 1-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the reason that the boat workers are forced to wait one full day after the boat's arrival in order to unload the community's supplies?
(a) They must wait for the community's trash to be delivered to the boat before they can leave.
(b) They have arrived on Ceremony Day and the children of the boat workers always participate in the events.
(c) They have arrived on Ceremony Day and every community member is busy.
(d) They have to wait for gasoline to be delivered.
2. What kind of noise is made that summons everyone at the Fish Hatchery to the evening meal?
(a) A buzzer.
(b) A sigh.
(c) A bell.
(d) A horn.
3. What gift does Einar give to Claire once she is well enough to receive gifts?
(a) A rosebush.
(b) A straw hat.
(c) A kitten.
(d) A basket of raspberries.
4. For what reason does Claire decide not to try to take her son out of the Nurturing Center during her second visit?
(a) She notices he has a security bracelet on his ankle.
(b) She knows she would be killed for her actions.
(c) She does not want to alarm the male Nurturer.
(d) She knows she would be exiled for her actions.
5. When Claire sees the male Nurturer on his bicycle, what does she see that gives her hope regarding his continued involvement with her son?
(a) A stuffed hippo attached to his bicycle basket.
(b) A diaper bag on his shoulder.
(c) A spit-up stain on his jacket.
(d) A child seat attached to his bicycle.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what purpose does the male Nurturer find out the name of Claire's infant son?
2. Though citizens of the community make their way around using only bicycles, large deliveries are transported by what type of vehicle?
3. What adjective does the receptionist at the Nurturing Center use to describe Sophia?
4. What label is affixed to the door that Claire finally sees Jonas enter the day she follows him?
5. What job does Einar perform after his attempt to leave the village ends in failure?
This section contains 371 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)