|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Two: Chapters 1-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What occasion had prompted the community to perform the Ceremony of Loss a few years before the events of the narrative?
(a) The disappearance of Trademaster.
(b) The river drowning of a child named Caleb.
(c) The murder of the Chief Elder.
(d) The crib death of one of the Newchildren.
2. What gift does Einar give to Claire once she is well enough to receive gifts?
(a) A rosebush.
(b) A straw hat.
(c) A kitten.
(d) A basket of raspberries.
3. What does Claire name the bird brought to her by Einar?
4. When Claire is at lunch and is surprised at her table mate's comment that going into labor causes pain, what word does she tell her table mate had been used within her instruction instead?
5. In an attempt to make the family's least favorite meal sound more appealing, what does Claire's mother say every time it arrives?
(a) Its arrival means they will have a good dessert.
(b) It is better than nothing.
(c) Its arrival means that at least they will not have it for another month.
(d) It is high in vitamin D.
Short Answer Questions
1. What solution does Alys prepare that she hopes will help Bryn make it full-term in her current pregnancy?
2. What age group is the only group to be given their assignments on the second day of the Ceremony?
3. When Claire goes to the school to pick up the biology posters, what is the reason that there are no children in the school?
4. Though Claire does not remember how old she is, what does Alys judge Claire's age to be when she arrives in the village?
5. In the recurring dreams Claire has in which she is hiding her son, where does she keep him hidden?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)