|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Crab know where he and Jimmy stop?
2. What is odd about Frank's arranging the rental?
3. What warning does Jimmy get in response?
4. Where do Crab and Jimmy go in the morning?
5. What does Crab do when they arrive?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Crab's reaction when Jimmy tells him that he called Mama Jean?
2. What had Crab's plan for the night been?
3. What do Crab and Jimmy do in the morning?
4. What does Crab do when Jimmy gets back with the aspirin he asked him to get?
5. Describe Crab's interaction with Frank.
6. Where do Crab and Jimmy stay in Chicago?
7. What does Crab tell Jimmy about the diner where they stop?
8. What makes Crab nervous about leaving the diner?
9. Where do Crab and Jimmy go after they secure a place to stay?
10. What does Crab ask Jimmy to say when he calls Rydell?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What makes Crab a father for Jimmy? That is, how does he play that role? What kind of father is Crab?
Essay Topic 2
In what ways is Mama Jean a better parent than Crab? In what ways is she not? What does Crab teach Jimmy that Mama Jean could not, and vice versa?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the conflict between Jimmy's desires and his father's desires. What does Jimmy want to know, as opposed to his father wanting him to know the truth about his arrest? How does the conflict make each character's desires clearer to them? How are they reconciled?
This section contains 496 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)