|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does this person tell Crab?
(a) That he is going to be sick again.
(b) Where he can find the conjure man.
(c) Where Rydell is.
(d) That Rydell is gone.
2. What does this tell Crab after this visit?
(a) That he does not know how he keeps going on.
(b) That he will never be a good father.
(c) That he is dying.
(d) That he should not stop at anything to clear his name.
3. What happens to Crab and Jimmy on their way out of town?
(a) Jimmy gets car sick.
(b) They get a flat.
(c) They run out of gas.
(d) Crab holds up a gas station.
4. What warning does Jimmy get in response?
(a) Not to start any trouble.
(b) To watch his back.
(c) To keep his fingers clean.
(d) To sleep with one eye open.
5. Who is Frank?
(a) Crab's brother.
(b) Mavis' son.
(c) Mavis' brother.
(d) Crab's son.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Mavis?
2. Who does Jimmy call?
3. What evasive tactics do Crab and Jimmy take?
4. Where does Crab arrange to take a room?
5. Where do Crab and Jimmy go when they arrive?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Crab tell Jimmy about the diner where they stop?
2. Describe Crab's interaction with Frank.
3. What do Crab and Jimmy do in the morning?
4. What is Crab's reaction when Jimmy tells him that he called Mama Jean?
5. What does Crab tell Jimmy about his own father?
6. What response does Rydell make?
7. What makes Crab nervous about leaving the diner?
8. What are Jimmy's thoughts on returning to the room alone?
9. What does Jimmy do when Crab is distracted?
10. How does Jimmy find out that Crab is sick?
This section contains 485 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)