|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Jimmy want to borrow someone's notebook?
(a) To catch up on homework.
(b) To get paper to write a note to the teacher.
(c) To copy their answers.
(d) To distract himself from what the teacher is saying.
2. Who fingered Crab for the crime?
(a) The station manager at the filling station where the thieves filled up after the crime.
(b) The girlfriend of one of the thieves.
(c) The policeman who arrested the thieves.
(d) The man who killed the man.
3. What does Jimmy say when he sees Crab acting odd?
(a) He does not say anything.
(b) He says that he wants to help Crab make things right.
(c) He says that he wants to go home.
(d) He says that he wants to take care of Crab.
4. What does Cookie give Jimmy?
(b) An umbrella.
(d) A drink.
5. Who died in the events for which Crab was arrested?
(a) A guard.
(b) A woman.
(c) A fellow thief.
(d) A child.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Crab tell Jimmy about the trip to Chicago?
2. What does the narrator say Jimmy's father never asked him?
3. What does Mama Jean offer Jimmy?
4. Where is Jimmy when he wakes up during the drive?
5. What does Jimmy suspect Crab was really doing when Jimmy woke up on the road?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Mama Jean's response to Crab's arrival?
2. Where does Jimmy live?
3. How did Crab come to see Jimmy?
4. Who does Jimmy think is looking for him?
5. What is Jimmy's environment like?
6. What does Crab tell Jimmy is the truth about his arrest?
7. How does Crab behave when Cookie knocks on the door?
8. What happens when Jimmy finally makes it to school?
9. Where are Jimmy's parents?
10. What does Jimmy do after Crab finds him?
This section contains 568 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)