|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Crab's arrival change things for Jimmy? He is thrust into a role he has never played. He is no longer free. He has to use all his resources just to keep himself safe. He is constantly in danger and is overwhelmed by it.
(a) He is no longer free.
(b) He is thrust into a role he has never played.
(c) He is constantly in danger and is overwhelmed by it.
(d) He has to use all his resources just to keep himself safe.
2. What is Jimmy's domestic situation?
(a) He is abused.
(b) He is left to fend for himself.
(c) He is well cared for.
(d) He is doted on, almost smothered.
3. What does Cookie tell Jimmy?
(a) That he is in trouble.
(b) That he is a school hero.
(c) That he is going to fail.
(d) That someone has been looking for him.
4. What do Jimmy and Crab eat when they stop?
(c) A snack.
5. Where is the novel set?
(b) New York.
(c) San Francisco.
Short Answer Questions
1. What impression do we get of Jimmy's personality?
2. What does Jimmy do instead of going to school?
3. What makes Crab uneasy when they stop?
4. Why does Crab want to take Jimmy to see this person?
5. What does Mama Jean tell Jimmy?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jimmy do after Crab finds him?
2. What happens when Jimmy arrives in his classroom?
3. Describe Jimmy's departure with Crab.
4. Where are Jimmy's parents?
5. Where does Crab intend to take Jimmy?
6. What is Jimmy's situation with school?
7. What does Mama Jean tell Jimmy when he is leaving?
8. What is Jimmy's environment like?
9. What happens when Crab comes back to the car?
10. What is Jimmy's relationship with Mama Jean?
This section contains 619 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)