|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Jimmy's response to the move to Chicago?
(a) He is terrified and does not want to go.
(b) He is hesitant and frightened, but does not feel he can stand up for himself.
(c) He does not fight it.
(d) He is ready to go, without any regrets.
2. How does Jimmy find out who the man is?
(a) He is told by the principal.
(b) He compares his face to some pictures Mama Jean has.
(c) He interrogates him.
(d) He sees his driver's license.
3. What does Mama Jean give Jimmy before he leaves?
(a) A book to write about his experiences.
(b) Fifty dollars.
(c) Stationery to write to her.
(d) A phone number to call if he needs help.
4. What does Crab admit openly?
(a) That he is dying.
(b) That he murdered men.
(c) That he is a thief.
(d) That he is always afraid of being caught.
5. Where is Jimmy sent when he arrives at school?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Crab park the car when they stop?
2. Why is Jimmy's class dismissed early?
3. What does Mama Jean tell Jimmy?
4. Where is Jimmy's mother?
5. Who is the man who talks to Jimmy?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Jimmy arrives in his classroom?
2. Where does Jimmy find himself when he wakes up in the car?
3. Why was Crab in prison?
4. Where does Crab intend to take Jimmy?
5. What happens when Crab comes back to the car?
6. What does Crab's story have to do with the trip he is taking with Jimmy?
7. Where does Jimmy live?
8. What makes Crab nervous when they stop?
9. How does Crab explain having been arrested in spite of being innocent?
10. How did Crab come to see Jimmy?
This section contains 528 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)