|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Crab tell Jimmy?
(a) That his father was not there when he grew up.
(b) That his mother died when he was young.
(c) That he had been raised by his grandmother.
(d) That he left home after a fight with his father.
2. What happens to Crab and Jimmy on their way out of town?
(a) They get a flat.
(b) Crab holds up a gas station.
(c) Jimmy gets car sick.
(d) They run out of gas.
3. Where do Crab and Jimmy drive next?
(a) To a farm.
(b) To a small house.
(c) To an office building.
(d) To a prison.
4. What does Crab ask Jimmy to do?
(a) Go to sleep.
(b) Call Rydell.
(c) Wait for a few hours while he goes to do an errand.
(d) Steal from a restaurant cash register.
5. What evasive tactics do Crab and Jimmy take?
(a) They drive very fast.
(b) They drive in the wrong direction.
(c) They pull into a residential neighborhood.
(d) They abandon their car and steal another.
6. What does Jimmy feel about the place where he'll spend the night?
7. What does Jimmy find when he returns?
(a) Crab is gone.
(b) Crab is in pain.
(c) Crab is passed out.
(d) Crab is angry at him for being gone so long.
8. Where does Crab take Jimmy?
(a) To a restaurant.
(b) To a hotel.
(c) To Frank's.
(d) To Mavis'.
9. Who is Frank?
(a) Mavis' brother.
(b) Mavis' son.
(c) Crab's son.
(d) Crab's brother.
10. Where do Crab and Jimmy go when they arrive?
(a) A hotel.
(b) A house.
(c) A restaurant.
(d) A bar.
11. Why do they take this action?
(a) Because Crab can't afford to be pulled over now.
(b) Because they are afraid that the stolen credit card Crab rented the car with has been reported.
(c) Because they had said that they were going in that direction.
(d) Because they don't want to attract any attention to themselves.
12. Where does Crab tell Jimmy to go for the night?
(a) The car.
(b) Mavis' place.
(c) The rooming house.
(d) Mama Jean's place.
13. What does Jimmy find when he returns the call that came when he was gone?
(a) Crab is sick.
(b) Crab was arrested.
(c) Frank beat Crab up.
(d) Mavis is sick.
14. How does the narrator characterize the area where Jimmy wakes up?
15. How does Jimmy know what Crab is feeling?
(a) Mavis tells him.
(b) Miss Mackenzie tells him.
(c) Crab tells him.
(d) He hears him crying in his sleep.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is odd about Frank's arranging the rental?
2. What does Crab want Jimmy to inquire about when he sends him back inside?
3. What do Crab and Jimmy do after Jimmy asks his question?
4. What does Crab instruct Jimmy to ask?
5. What does Crab send Jimmy to get?
This section contains 533 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)