|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Jimmy's father go away?
(a) When Jimmy was born.
(b) When Jimmy was two.
(c) When Jimmy was five.
(d) When Jimmy was twelve.
2. What does Crab admit openly?
(a) That he is a thief.
(b) That he is always afraid of being caught.
(c) That he murdered men.
(d) That he is dying.
3. What does Cookie give Jimmy?
(b) A drink.
(d) An umbrella.
4. What is Jimmy doing when the novel begins?
(a) Going to sleep.
(b) Getting out of bed.
(c) Eating dinner.
(d) Doing homework.
5. What is Jimmy's intention as the novel begins?
(a) To get good grades.
(b) To see his father.
(c) To skip school.
(d) To go to school.
6. Where was Crab before he was released from prison?
(a) The hospital.
(b) Maximum security.
(c) A halfway house.
(d) Solitary confinement.
7. Why does Crab say he was not involved in the crime?
(a) He was with one of the thieves' girlfriends.
(b) He was not in that town that day.
(c) He had a toothache that day.
(d) He had told the thieves he had given up stealing.
8. What happened in spite of Jimmy's intention?
(a) He could not pass his tests.
(b) He did not make it to school.
(c) He always forced himself to go.
(d) He got lost.
9. What is Jimmy's class preparing for?
(a) A theatre performance.
(b) Field day.
(c) Achievement tests.
10. What makes Crab uneasy when they stop?
(a) Smoke from the engine.
(b) A policeman.
(c) He sees someone he had a fight with.
(d) The tires are nearly flat.
11. What is Jimmy's domestic situation?
(a) He is abused.
(b) He is left to fend for himself.
(c) He is well cared for.
(d) He is doted on, almost smothered.
12. What does Jimmy expect from Cookie's news?
(a) That he is going to be sent to detention.
(b) That his father has come for him.
(c) That he is going to be expelled.
(d) That someone is going to complain about his attendance.
13. Where does this person live?
(b) New York.
14. How does Jimmy find out who the man is?
(a) He compares his face to some pictures Mama Jean has.
(b) He is told by the principal.
(c) He interrogates him.
(d) He sees his driver's license.
15. Who does Crab say fingered him for the crime?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Crab and Jimmy go when Crab comes back?
2. What changes Mama Jean's mood?
3. What does Crab tell Jimmy about his time in jail?
4. What does Mama Jean offer Jimmy?
5. Where does Crab park the car when they stop?
This section contains 517 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)