|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How trustworthy is Crab in Jimmy's eyes?
(a) Jimmy believes that if Crab is his father, then nothing he did could be wrong.
(b) Jimmy is preparing tests to determine how trustworthy Crab is, but he has not come to a conclusion yet.
(c) Jimmy does not trust Crab at all.
(d) This has yet to be determined.
2. What is Jimmy's intention as the novel begins?
(a) To see his father.
(b) To go to school.
(c) To skip school.
(d) To get good grades.
3. What are Jimmy's feelings about his father?
(a) He is impressed by his bravado.
(b) He is wary of his promises.
(c) He is resentful about his absence.
(d) He is still unsure how to feel.
4. What does Jimmy say when he sees Crab acting odd?
(a) He says that he wants to help Crab make things right.
(b) He says that he wants to go home.
(c) He says that he wants to take care of Crab.
(d) He does not say anything.
5. What changes Mama Jean's mood?
(a) She learns that Jimmy has to be punished for being absent so much.
(b) She learns that Crab wants to take Jimmy to Chicago.
(c) She learns that Jimmy's father has been released from prison.
(d) She learns that Jimmy's father is going to send her some money for Jimmy.
6. What does Mama Jean make before packing Jimmy's things?
(a) A cake.
7. Who fingered Crab for the crime?
(a) The man who killed the man.
(b) The policeman who arrested the thieves.
(c) The station manager at the filling station where the thieves filled up after the crime.
(d) The girlfriend of one of the thieves.
8. What does Jimmy suspect Crab was really doing when Jimmy woke up on the road?
(a) Meeting up with an old girlfriend.
(b) Robbing a filling station.
(c) Planning another heist.
(d) Preparing to ditch him on the road.
9. Who does Crab say fingered him for the crime?
10. What does Mama Jean say when she comes in?
(a) She is afraid of the man with Jimmy.
(b) She is apologetic that Jimmy hasn't been going to school.
(c) She is upset, and runs out.
(d) She is glad to see Crab.
11. Where is Jimmy's father?
12. Who is Cookie?
(a) Jimmy's aunt.
(b) Jimmy's neighbor.
(c) Jimmy's teacher.
(d) Jimmy's father.
13. What is Jimmy's response to the move to Chicago?
(a) He does not fight it.
(b) He is hesitant and frightened, but does not feel he can stand up for himself.
(c) He is terrified and does not want to go.
(d) He is ready to go, without any regrets.
14. What is Jimmy doing when the novel begins?
(a) Going to sleep.
(b) Eating dinner.
(c) Getting out of bed.
(d) Doing homework.
15. Why does Crab want to take Jimmy to see this person?
(a) So he can get revenge.
(b) So he can get some of the take from the heist.
(c) So he can clear Crab in the eyes of the law.
(d) So he can tell Jimmy what really happened.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Crab do for Mama Jean?
2. What does Mama Jean give Jimmy before he leaves?
3. What does the narrator say Jimmy's father never asked him?
4. What was Crab arrested for?
5. What is Jimmy's race?
This section contains 600 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)