|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did this person shift the blame to Crab?
(a) Because he knew that he could get away with it.
(b) Because he had prior convictions, and would be sentenced to life this time.
(c) To avoid it himself.
(d) Because he had made so much money, he could afford to quit crime for good now.
2. What does Jimmy suspect Crab was really doing when Jimmy woke up on the road?
(a) Robbing a filling station.
(b) Meeting up with an old girlfriend.
(c) Preparing to ditch him on the road.
(d) Planning another heist.
3. What is Jimmy doing when the novel begins?
(a) Doing homework.
(b) Getting out of bed.
(c) Eating dinner.
(d) Going to sleep.
4. Where is Jimmy when he wakes up during the drive?
(a) At a restaurant.
(b) On the side of the road.
(c) In the projects.
(d) In Chicago.
5. What do Mama Jean and Crab talk about?
(a) Jimmy's truancy.
(b) Jimmy's future.
(c) The past.
(d) Mama Jean's sacrifices for Jimmy.
6. Why is Jimmy's class dismissed early?
(a) They finish their tests.
(b) They are dismissed for summer.
(c) They have to put on the show.
(d) The school closes early on Wednesdays.
7. Where was Crab before he was released from prison?
(a) A halfway house.
(b) Maximum security.
(c) Solitary confinement.
(d) The hospital.
8. What does Mama Jean give Jimmy before he leaves?
(a) A phone number to call if he needs help.
(b) Stationery to write to her.
(c) Fifty dollars.
(d) A book to write about his experiences.
9. What is Jimmy's status in Crab's eyes?
(a) He is the only person who does not know the truth about him.
(b) He is the only person whose ideas matter to him any more.
(c) He is still impressionable and can be told anything about Crab's background.
(d) He is the only one left who might care about him.
10. Why does Crab want to take Jimmy to see this person?
(a) So he can tell Jimmy what really happened.
(b) So he can clear Crab in the eyes of the law.
(c) So he can get some of the take from the heist.
(d) So he can get revenge.
11. Where is Jimmy's father?
12. What does Jimmy do instead of going to school?
(a) Play games with other truants.
(b) Goes to the movies.
(c) Wanders around the city.
(d) Writes stories.
13. Where does this person live?
(c) New York.
14. What does Crab want Jimmy to know about him?
(a) That he had not protected himself against being framed.
(b) That he should never have made the decisions that led him into crime.
(c) That he is not a killer.
(d) That he had done worse things that had not been punished.
15. What does Crab admit openly?
(a) That he is always afraid of being caught.
(b) That he is a thief.
(c) That he murdered men.
(d) That he is dying.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Crab arrested for?
2. What does Jimmy say when he sees Crab acting odd?
3. What is Jimmy's race?
4. What does Cookie tell Jimmy?
5. Why does Crab have to leave as soon as possible?
This section contains 572 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)