|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How trustworthy is Crab in Jimmy's eyes?
(a) Jimmy is preparing tests to determine how trustworthy Crab is, but he has not come to a conclusion yet.
(b) This has yet to be determined.
(c) Jimmy does not trust Crab at all.
(d) Jimmy believes that if Crab is his father, then nothing he did could be wrong.
2. What does Crab have in Chicago?
(a) A school for Jimmy.
(b) A job.
(c) A business.
(d) A wife.
3. Why did this person shift the blame to Crab?
(a) To avoid it himself.
(b) Because he knew that he could get away with it.
(c) Because he had made so much money, he could afford to quit crime for good now.
(d) Because he had prior convictions, and would be sentenced to life this time.
4. What does Crab say he was afraid of before he was released?
(a) That he would never be able to change.
(b) That he would be remembered for his crimes, not his ideas.
(c) That he was going to be killed.
(d) That he wouldn't see Jimmy again.
5. Where do Crab and Jimmy go when Crab comes back?
(a) To a scenic overlook.
(b) To a friend's house.
(c) To a filling station.
(d) To a lake.
6. Where was Crab before he was released from prison?
(a) Solitary confinement.
(b) A halfway house.
(c) The hospital.
(d) Maximum security.
7. Where is Jimmy sent when he arrives at school?
8. What is Jimmy's status in Crab's eyes?
(a) He is the only one left who might care about him.
(b) He is the only person whose ideas matter to him any more.
(c) He is still impressionable and can be told anything about Crab's background.
(d) He is the only person who does not know the truth about him.
9. Who is the man who talks to Jimmy?
(a) The Principal.
(b) His uncle.
(c) His father.
(d) The Guidance Counselor.
10. What does Crab do for Mama Jean?
(a) Bring food and drink.
(b) Threaten her.
(c) Give her money.
(d) Fix the sink.
11. Why does Crab have to leave as soon as possible?
(a) His money is running out.
(b) Some criminals.
(c) He is running from the law.
(d) His parole.
12. What are Jimmy's feelings about his father?
(a) He is impressed by his bravado.
(b) He is resentful about his absence.
(c) He is wary of his promises.
(d) He is still unsure how to feel.
13. What is Jimmy's class preparing for?
(b) A theatre performance.
(c) Field day.
(d) Achievement tests.
14. What are Crab's plans after proving his innocence?
(a) This has not been revealed yet. He plans to go to court to prove his innocence there.
(b) He plans to get Jimmy involved in his crimes.
(c) He plans to set up a house in California.
(d) He plans to get a job and straighten himself out.
15. What do Jimmy and Crab eat when they stop?
(c) A snack.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Jimmy's father go away?
2. Where is Crab when Jimmy wakes up?
3. What does Mama Jean say when she comes in?
4. What does Mama Jean make before packing Jimmy's things?
5. Where is Jimmy sent when he arrives there?
This section contains 572 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)