|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the novel set?
(b) San Francisco.
(d) New York.
2. Why does Jimmy have a hard time getting to school?
(a) The school is hard to find.
(b) He feels lost there.
(c) He does not speak good English.
(d) The kinds beat him up.
3. How trustworthy is Crab in Jimmy's eyes?
(a) This has yet to be determined.
(b) Jimmy believes that if Crab is his father, then nothing he did could be wrong.
(c) Jimmy does not trust Crab at all.
(d) Jimmy is preparing tests to determine how trustworthy Crab is, but he has not come to a conclusion yet.
4. What does Mama Jean make before packing Jimmy's things?
(d) A cake.
5. What does Cookie tell Jimmy?
(a) That he is going to fail.
(b) That he is in trouble.
(c) That he is a school hero.
(d) That someone has been looking for him.
6. What has Jimmy's intention been for the past few days?
(a) To go to school.
(b) To escape from the house.
(c) To get food.
(d) To see his father.
7. What was Crab arrested for?
(a) Hitting someone with his car.
(b) Mail fraud.
(c) Dealing drugs.
(d) Robbing an armored car and killing a man.
8. What is Jimmy's domestic situation?
(a) He is well cared for.
(b) He is left to fend for himself.
(c) He is abused.
(d) He is doted on, almost smothered.
9. Where was Crab before he was released from prison?
(a) The hospital.
(b) A halfway house.
(c) Maximum security.
(d) Solitary confinement.
10. What does Jimmy suspect Crab was really doing when Jimmy woke up on the road?
(a) Planning another heist.
(b) Preparing to ditch him on the road.
(c) Meeting up with an old girlfriend.
(d) Robbing a filling station.
11. What does Mama Jean say when she comes in?
(a) She is apologetic that Jimmy hasn't been going to school.
(b) She is upset, and runs out.
(c) She is glad to see Crab.
(d) She is afraid of the man with Jimmy.
12. Where is Jimmy's mother?
(b) She is gone.
13. Why did this person shift the blame to Crab?
(a) Because he knew that he could get away with it.
(b) Because he had prior convictions, and would be sentenced to life this time.
(c) To avoid it himself.
(d) Because he had made so much money, he could afford to quit crime for good now.
14. Who does Jimmy watch for out the window?
(a) Mama Jean.
(c) His father.
(d) A policeman.
15. Why does Crab want to take Jimmy to see this person?
(a) So he can tell Jimmy what really happened.
(b) So he can get revenge.
(c) So he can clear Crab in the eyes of the law.
(d) So he can get some of the take from the heist.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened in spite of Jimmy's intention?
2. Who does Crab say fingered him for the crime?
3. Why is Jimmy's class dismissed early?
4. Who is the man who talks to Jimmy?
5. Where is Jimmy sent when he arrives at school?
This section contains 528 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)