1. Where does Jimmy live?
Jimmy lives in New York with Mama Jean.
2. What is Jimmy's relationship with Mama Jean?
Mama Jean is not Jimmy's mother, but she has taken care of him since he was a little child.
3. Where are Jimmy's parents?
Jimmy's mother died when he was young, and his father has been in prison.
4. What is Jimmy's situation with school?
Jimmy intends to go to school, but for the past few weeks, he has not made it there.
5. What is Jimmy's environment like?
Jimmy is growing up in a black neighborhood in New York, but it is not the projects, and people like Cookie take care of him by offering him umbrellas when it's raining.
6. What happens when Jimmy finally makes it to school?
Jimmy goes straight to the detention room, but from there is he sent to class.
7. What happens when Jimmy arrives in his classroom?
The class is taking achievement tests, and the class is dismissed early after they are done with the tests.
This section contains 1,534 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)